PDA

View Full Version : HK USP + Taclight + Holster

Grakken
07-22-2009, 9:50 AM
Looking for some opinions.

Looking to get a tacticool set-up for the HK 9mm fullsize.

I have a connection to Surefire. I can get any product there at insane discounts so i'd like to go that route for the light (X300), maybe the X400 but it looks bulky. With that being said, i don't HAVE to get a surefire but...Looking at the web site, they dont specifically list a rail adapter for the HK 9mm fullsize, just the 40/45. I called them and the tech support guy said the 40/45 model will work, along with the remote switch for the 40/45. Now i've met some good tech support folk but ive also met some idgits. If it fits, why not list the model? Can anyone verify this (ie, you have a HK 9mm and the adapter fits)

For Holsters, id like a custom one that will accept the HK and X300/X400 and I havent had much luck finding holsters for this set-up. Can anyone recommend a good holster company that A) has a holster designed to fit my needs out the box or B) recommend a good custom Holster shop. I don't mind paying extra for quality craftsmenship or just good product.

Thank you

MallNinja
07-22-2009, 3:20 PM
I have a SureFire rail adapter for my fullsize and it fits 9,40, and 45.

Raven Concealment makes many kydex taclight holsters. Their holsters will do double duty as an IWB or OWB. It comes with a pair of OWB kydex belt loops and you can buy whichever IWB loops or clips that you'd like. I like the Raven Concealment holsters because it tucks in really tight against your body and sits a bit lower than Comp-Tac. But the kydex is ultra thin so it may not last as long. Also, it's more of a vacuum sealed design which fits more snug with little to no play compared to the Comp-Tac.

Patrick Aherne
07-22-2009, 3:44 PM
Buy the SF rail adaptor and get the Raven holster. You got good advice above.

Get an x300.

jipham
07-22-2009, 9:50 PM
You can also check out Safariland holsters. Here's their will fit chart. http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/info/willfit/pistols_dg_lights.pdf

sirgiles
07-22-2009, 10:11 PM
GG&G makes a rail adaptor.
blade-tech may have a holster for this setup.

BamBam-31
07-23-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm listing on Ebay a Safariland thigh holster for an HK USP 9/40 w/ light for prolly HALF what you'd pay elsewhere. Ends in half a day, though....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220453227489&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

Grakken
07-23-2009, 8:23 AM
I forgot to mention i'm wanting the holster to be a "drop/thigh" type.

thanks for that link, i looked at safari's but i guess my google-fu is weak right now. :)