PDA

View Full Version : WTS NEW POF Upper P415-16-P9-223 $1200

hurricanekev
07-21-2009, 10:58 PM
I have a new pof upper that I bought and have not gotten a chance to shoot much because of ammo price and lack of job now. Well here goes a like new POF upper 16 in chrome line barrel with less than 150 rounds down barrel. If you want more info check out pof-usa. I waited over 8 months for this upper to come in and now don't have much use for it. Asking $1200 for it now. I'm in the Modesto CV area and would prefer FTF in area. As soon as I get a hold of a dig cam I'll post pics. Thanks.

hurricanekev
08-13-2009, 3:49 PM
bump for pics. upper for sale does not include vtac mount, flashlight, or troy sights. I will include the spikestactical fake suppressor. Sorry about the cell phone picture. Thank you.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/kevinkkem/downsized_0813091524.jpg

Neil McCauley
08-13-2009, 4:18 PM
That is pretty nice! Sad you have to sell it. Good luck on that sale.

mlatino
08-13-2009, 4:31 PM
Bump for you.. Good luck with the sale - If you want to drop the price for a quick sale, you know who to call ;)

hurricanekev
08-14-2009, 2:36 PM
Dropped price $1200

mlatino
08-14-2009, 9:08 PM
For a little heads up in the future:

You shouldn't make a deal, set a price and location, and have someone go out of their way 30 miles at 9:30PM on a Friday night to call them when you're supposed to be there with an excuse like- "DUDE, Someone just offered me more money, and I'm sorry I'm gonna have to take him up on his offer... I'll give you gas money though."

Tell you what... No thanks, you can keep your money.

Nice upper though.

LISTINGITALL
08-14-2009, 9:24 PM
I dont care how nice the upper is..........THATS F----D UP!
I would nail this dude with some negative feed like right now!
Thats just RUDE!
Sorry to hear that mlatino,Bet thats the last deal this guy sets up here on calguns.

joe55
08-14-2009, 9:27 PM
[QUOTE=LISTINGITALL;2924014]I dont care how nice the upper is..........THATS F----D UP!
QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more....

odesskiy
08-15-2009, 2:19 AM
We frown on that type of BS here. Happened to me once too and I felt like I was going to go postal on that dude. Something's telling me this guy here isn't going to stick around for too long.

Whatever happened to a man's word....used to mean something not that long ago...

Unit74
08-15-2009, 3:00 AM
That is jacked....

Drill his feedback and maybe.... maybe.... post up his email too.

hurricanekev
08-15-2009, 3:28 AM
Hey matt,

Like I said when I called you... I needed the $ for obviously good reason for shelter over my head... I'm sorry... I couldn't gamble on you giving me only $500 of the cash and sending the rest on paypal... not knowing much about you... and me taking the 3% loss. the guys called me seriously last minute and said he would pay in cash... I feel really bad... That's why I offered gas $... Bash me for it.

Good nite

LISTINGITALL
08-15-2009, 6:35 AM
Its not bashing pal,Its warning others that you cannot be trusted once a deal is struck.
Some of us put a lot of heart into striking a deal with one another here on Calguns.In this type of forum your word is your word.A lot of things go into motion once a deal is struck,,,ie.excitement,financial arraingments,driving time,and just plain hope that what your going for is what the seller(you) has said it is.
When a respectable fellow Calgunner writes that he was thrown in front of the bus.....We listen!
Negative feedback was designed for when a deal like this happens,
Not fair...dont like it?
Too bad.
You should have kept your word,
Thats the rules.

Oh by the way.......I am curiouse about the gas money thing.What was it worth to you to turn him around empty handed?
$20.00???
Doesn't that cut into your 1200.00 like the $21.00 paypal would have charged to keep your word to mlatina?
I dont get it

mlatino
08-15-2009, 9:48 AM
Since you decided to go for specifics we shall do so.

We agreed that I would give you $500 in cash, $515 through paypal (YES, we discussed the fee - and how I was covering it), and I was also giving you about $100 worth of ammo. You wanted to do the deal "Tonight after 7" so I made my schedule as planned, to make a deal on a Friday Night.

I called you at 7:40PM and you reply with "Hey can we do the deal tomorrow,"
Well.. Sure, a bit of an inconvenience but not disgruntled in the least! Plans change and it can happen to anyone.

I get a missed call from you at 8:00 PM and I call you back 20 minutes later (Now 8:20). You say "Hey can we just do the deal tonight, I really need the money." I agree to this, any way I can help a fellow calgunner out is fine with me, besides I'm excited for the upper!

You tell me that it will be difficult to do a paypal/cash transaction - We discussed taking a laptop to a wifi hotspot to finalize the transaction over paypal in person. You declined and told me "Well I can just trust you and you can paypal me when you get home..." (I assume the "trust" comes from the line of work that I chose to get into, and the line of work he is trying to get into - we discussed this over the phone as well.) We agreed to meet at a burger joint at 9:30PM for the transfer.

So it's 9:00 on a Friday night.. I go to my downtown ATM machine and withdraw $500 in cash for the deal. I drive 30 miles to meet you in a city that's maybe 10 miles away from you. We're texting eachother while enroute. Giving updates and ETA's. I tell him I'm going to be a bit early, he says "okay I'm leaving now."

I get to the burger joint and text him that I have arrived. No response. I sit and wait for about 10 minutes. 9:30 rolls around and I get a phone call from him. "Hey dude, I've got some BAD NEWS FOR YOU... someone LITERALLY called me 5 minutes ago and offered me 1150 in cash, and that's really close to what I was asking for - so I'm gonna have to take him up on that deal. Sorry man, If you want to hang out there I'll be there in a few minutes to give you some gas money."

No thanks. I left.

To sum it up, I really have no idea why I'm CONTINUING to waste my time with you or this thread. I'm sorry that you're in a tight spot, and that you need the money for a roof over your head, but that shouldn't throw your integrity out the window. I'm sure I can speak for most of us here that we've all been in tight spots. It doesn't matter how much of a bind I'm in, a deal is a deal. Of course I've been offered more money for something that I've sold. Happened to me yesterday with my F250, I agreed to sell my pickup at $35k over the telephone to a gentleman who was flying from Utah to pick it up. He had already scheduled his flight and e-mailed me his itinerary to come down the next day. Guess what? I had an offer of $36k hours after he scheduled his flight. You'd bet your ***** I sold it to the guy from Utah. There's only a few things in this world that are worth breaking, my balls and my word are neither.

In all, $500+515 paypal+$100 in ammo is around 1100 dollars. Yes, I agree and thank you for the 'almost' deal. It was going to be a steal and a happy birthday for me. Not that I ever would, but If I took your gas money (Which I would have hoped to be an offer of $20 or more for the HUGE inconvenience) that puts you at 1120. Not to mention YOUR time and gas into fubar'ing this deal (We'll call it $10). 1130.

In the end, was it worth $20...
How about $50?... $100?

Nonetheless, I hope this thread gets locked because I'm getting angry again.
Hopefully you take this as a learning experience. It's a business deal gone bad. I've seen many.

Have a good day.

odesskiy
08-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Don't get mad, dude. Thankfully, most of us here are men of our word. As I mentioned above, I got burned on the same BS and to add insult to injury, the jackass didn't get more money, he simply sold the pistol to someone that lived closer, so he saved 20 minutes worth of driving to do a PPT with me. Was I mad? You bet your ***! Did it make me stop trusting other calgunners? Not even close! I took a pistol off the market and held it for another calgunner for over a month based on his promise to buy it on a certain date. If I remember correctly, he offered a deposit, but I didn't need it, his word was good enough. He came through in the end, as I knew he would, the deal was done and I got a chance to meet one of the nicest guys on Calguns. I think the only lesson here is be careful dealing with newbies, enter a deal with low expectations and then disappointment will not be so bitter.

JagerTroop
08-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Don't get mad, dude. Thankfully, most of us here are men of our word. As I mentioned above, I got burned on the same BS and to add insult to injury, the jackass didn't get more money, he simply sold the pistol to someone that lived closer, so he saved 20 minutes worth of driving to do a PPT with me. Was I mad? You bet your ***! Did it make me stop trusting other calgunners? Not even close! I took a pistol off the market and held it for another calgunner for over a month based on his promise to buy it on a certain date. If I remember correctly, he offered a deposit, but I didn't need it, his word was good enough. He came through in the end, as I knew he would, the deal was done and I got a chance to meet one of the nicest guys on Calguns. I think the only lesson here is be careful dealing with newbies, enter a deal with low expectations and then disappointment will not be so bitter.

I couldn't agree more. As you can plainly see, I do a lot of transactions on here. I've only had one bad experience. I won't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. Calgunners are some of the most trustworthy people around. Don't lose faith, mlatino :)

Nonetheless, I hope this thread gets locked because I'm getting angry again.
Hopefully you take this as a learning experience. It's a business deal gone bad. I've seen many.

Have a good day.

Oh yeah? IBTL :D

jdberger
08-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Shopkeep?

Is that you?

ivanimal
08-15-2009, 11:12 PM
User banned no rights to for sale forums upon return. We take these things seriously. He should have too.

LasVegasTaxMan
08-16-2009, 1:55 AM
A deal is a deal and i know this sucks being that I have fallen victim twice. I have not left negative feedback because I know in return they will leave negative feedback for no reason other then revenge.

I guess we wont hear from him again, one less flake we dont need. Im sure theres something nicer on the horizon Mlatino. Take it easy and have a cold one. Cheers.