PDA

View Full Version : They'll come for your hunting rights next - In many states, young kids may hunt alone

Untamed1972
07-21-2009, 12:08 PM
In many states, young kids may hunt alone
After Wash. accident, msnbc.com review finds lack of age requirements

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31952727/ns/us_news-life/?GT1=43001

bsim
07-21-2009, 1:19 PM
I don't have any hunting rights. Though I DO have an unreasonably regulated RKBA. :)

7x57
07-21-2009, 1:55 PM
You don't, but a number of states have gotten smart and started passing "right to hunt and fish" amendments to their state Constitutions before enough Californians move there to destroy them. ;) If you live in Oklahoma, you do have hunting rights.

7x57

CAL.BAR
07-21-2009, 1:58 PM
You don't, but a number of states have gotten smart and started passing "right to hunt and fish" amendments to their state Constitutions before enough Californians move there to destroy them. ;) If you live in Oklahoma, you do have hunting rights.

7x57

If you're willing to live in OK, you DESERVE them!

Untamed1972
07-21-2009, 2:14 PM
If you're willing to live in OK, you DESERVE them!

It would be a beautiful place to live if it weren't for the horrbile weather and the uber-plethora of biting, stinging insects of every kind, makes enjoyment of the outdoors a real test of will at times.

chuckles48
07-21-2009, 7:14 PM

7x57

****, son, they aren't even Californians. They're libruls who just happened to spend some time in our fair state before moving on to piss in the well someplace else.

yellowfin
07-21-2009, 7:36 PM
Bostonians are notoriously bad for tainting places with leftist political fallout as well. My aunt and uncle in Santa Fe tell me that it's become evident around them with shrinking hunting seasons, increasing license fees, and an unhealthy fondness for mountain lions. The unwanted Massachusetts-born invaders earned the appropriate epithet "M*ssholes."

MrClamperSir
07-21-2009, 8:06 PM
Why do have to move to another state in order to be a free man!?!?!:banghead:

7x57
07-21-2009, 8:08 PM
****, son, they aren't even Californians. They're libruls who just happened to spend some time in our fair state before moving on to piss in the well someplace else.

Well, I sure can't blame you for defending California's honor, but in the sorts of places they move to and mess up we fervently believe that there are no other kinds of Californians. It's an article of faith and we cling to it tenaciously. ;)

7x57

nick
07-21-2009, 8:46 PM
No comment (moved from Boston to CA) :p

Shotgun Man
07-21-2009, 10:17 PM
FWIW and it ain't much, CA has a Constitutional Right to Fish:

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS

Section 25. The people shall have the right to fish upon and from
the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof, excepting
upon lands set aside for fish hatcheries, and no land owned by the
State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the
people the absolute right to fish thereupon; and no law shall ever be
passed making it a crime for the people to enter upon the public
lands within this State for the purpose of fishing in any water
containing fish that have been planted therein by the State;
provided, that the legislature may by statute, provide for the season
when and the conditions under which the different species of fish
may be taken.

chuckles48
07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Well, I sure can't blame you for defending California's honor, but in the sorts of places they move to and mess up we fervently believe that there are no other kinds of Californians. It's an article of faith and we cling to it tenaciously. ;)

7x57

You should get to know some old-timey native-born Californians, then. ;>

Charlie
A native-born Bay Area redneck...