PDA

View Full Version : Just now on HLN

KylaGWolf
07-21-2009, 9:30 AM
OK amazing happened to turn on Headline News Channel and see them talking about CCW and taking calls. So far everyone of them are positive! WOOHOO! Yeah I know I probably shouldn't be excited but its nice to not see the gun owners are evil spiel that we usually hear on the news.

stuckinhippytown
07-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Naaa forget about CCWs loaded and open is the way to go

N6ATF
07-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Is Headline News that CNN offshoot?

Para45
07-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Is Headline News that CNN offshoot?

Yup

N6ATF
07-21-2009, 1:43 PM
Trying to figure out where the clips are on http://www.cnn.com/HLN/ .

bodger
07-21-2009, 3:19 PM

Or both. It would be nice to have both. LOC first is more realistic to hope for I suppose.

Just not having to worry about the 1000' school rule would be nice.

GoodEyeSniper
07-21-2009, 3:22 PM
Or both. It would be nice to have both. LOC first is more realistic to hope for I suppose.

Just not having to worry about the 1000' school rule would be nice.

But think of the children!

Santa Cruz Armory
07-21-2009, 3:25 PM
How can I listen to it??

bulgron
07-21-2009, 3:45 PM

I believe that strategically the best route forward is to sue over CCW first and LOC second. In fact, that's exactly what the legal team thinks that brought the Sykes lawsuit.

Personally, I want both CCW and LOC. And I want to be able to decide all by myself when to exercise one or the other, neither, or both of them. But it's a legal minefield getting there in California (or, alternatively, just move to almost any state east of California and west of the Mississippi), so some patience is in order.

KylaGWolf
07-21-2009, 11:44 PM
I believe that strategically the best route forward is to sue over CCW first and LOC second. In fact, that's exactly what the legal team thinks that brought the Sykes lawsuit.

Personally, I want both CCW and LOC. And I want to be able to decide all by myself when to exercise one or the other, neither, or both of them. But it's a legal minefield getting there in California (or, alternatively, just move to almost any state east of California and west of the Mississippi), so some patience is in order.

I would love to have the option for both. But then its more of a matter if I am having a good day or bad day with my spine and shoulder which is the better option.

hvengel
07-22-2009, 3:09 PM

I think there are some who are a little confused about this. The fact that California does not allow LOC makes the case against the current may issue CCW laws stronger. In other words it should be easier to win Sykes because LOC is banned since CCW is the only way someone in California can bear arms legally. Since bearing arms is a right and California only allows CCW then the issuance of permits can not be arbitrary since that would make the right subject to provably arbitrary decisions. This is clearly unconstitutional. But if LOC is legal then the court could say LOC satisfies the bear part of the 2nd amendment and the court could then find that this is enough to allow the state to be arbitrary with CCW. California has actually painted themselves in a corner by banning LOC and made it significantly easier to challenge the CCW laws. The right people are taking advantage of this.