PDA

View Full Version : S&W SW9F Sigma Questions from a semi new owner.

DPAD
07-21-2009, 5:23 AM
Hey everybody, I've owned my gun for going on 2 years now (First gun ever BTW) and I never made any attempt to find out all there is to know about my gun. So I've decided it's time to ask the experts! Below are a few questions I've had about this gun but never asked.

1. The sigma is a knock off of the Glock style gun. Which Glock parts can I use with my gun?

2. Are there any other mag types/brands that will fit the Sigma? (specifically the SW9F and not the VE variant if it matters)

3. Do they make mag rebuild kits for this gun?

4. Are the trigger and firing pin area's easy to break down? Whats involved?

5. Does dry firing this gun damage it? Do I need a snap cap?

Brown Rock
07-24-2009, 8:35 PM
Bump for a fellow Sigma owner. Dry firing these guns is supposedly safe, you need to do this to field strip it. My striker pin broke on my SW9C when I dry fired it. S&W made it right and they fixed it free of charge. S&W paid for shipping both ways too.:)

tiko
07-24-2009, 9:20 PM
Sigma is the weapon for Iraqi policemen, I measure the trigger pull for SW MP 7.5 lbs and 10 lbs for Sigma. Some guy do a trigger job and reduce the Sigma pull to 5 lbs.

easy
07-26-2009, 1:47 PM
Home trigger fix. Scroll down the page. Look fo input from 'usmcdoc14'

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400180&highlight=sigma

Kingofthehill
07-26-2009, 4:19 PM
I think "Normal" capacity mags are 15rds for the 9mm Sigma... not sure though

I have 4 of them... their my "house gun" hidden in different places so im not too far from a firearm if the worst were to ever happen. They are a GREAT inexpensive gun and its hard to beat them for the $$$ ESPECIALLY in the used market... cheapest one i bought didn't even have 100rds down the pipe and the guy hated the trigger and i got it for $150!... others have been in the 200 range.

The heavy trigger gets better after about 500rds but there are trigger fixes. I have 1 that i actively shoot and have done some trigger work to and its at 6.5lbs and thats good enough for me... but for my home defense triggers, id rather have them heavy so adrenaline doesn't make a hair trigger go off.

JOe

eric1972
07-26-2009, 11:53 PM
I have a first generation Sigma in 40SW and noticed that several of the components in the slide are interchangeable with Glock parts, including the barrel and spring/recoil rod.

The lower components are different, such as the trigger, etc. -- for example -- the Sigma doesn't appear to have a "connector" like a Glock for you to swap out to reduce the trigger pull weight. That whole trigger mechanism in a Sigma is completely different from a Glock.

DPAD
07-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the information, but what about the slide could I use a glock made slide? It'd be nice to use a custom barrel and slide with the lower frame of the sigma.

Also has anyone taken the firing pin area apart?

What about other manufactures magazines are there any others that would fit in the Sigma?

doc540
07-28-2009, 1:14 PM
www.triggerwork.net

Just box it up along with $55 and send it to Bill Springfield.

You can thank me later.

eric1972
07-29-2009, 12:04 AM
The Glock barrel should fit, and the firing pin, extractor, spring, etc. should all fit, too. I don't think you can take a Glock slide and put it on the Sigma frame, but, most the parts are interchangeable, from what I can tell.

SJgunguy24
07-29-2009, 2:35 AM
The Glock barrel should fit, and the firing pin, extractor, spring, etc. should all fit, too. I don't think you can take a Glock slide and put it on the Sigma frame, but, most the parts are interchangeable, from what I can tell.

Most of the guts can be swapped but the slide cannot.