PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein responding to your message!

WallyGator
07-20-2009, 9:41 PM
A dear friend of mine got this letter from Feinstein.. Does this mean the 10 capacity mag is no longer in effect by this letter. Does she even know what she is talking about? Has the ban expired as she say's? The gun shops don't know it...

Dear Mr. Ryan:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009" (H.R. 45). I appreciate hearing from you and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

On January 6, 2009, Representative Bobby L. Rush (D-IL) introduced the "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009", which would amend the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and prohibit an individual from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued alicense under the Act. In addition, it would proscribe license application, issuance, and renewal requirements. H.R. 45 is awaiting action in the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

During my tenure in the Senate, I have worked hard to introduce and support common-sense gun control legislation designed to keep our cities and neighborhoods safe. Additionally, I have worked to prevent criminals and children from having access to firearms. For example, I authored legislation to restrict large-capacity ammunition magazines and ban Assault Weapons, which was enacted into law in 1994. Unfortunately, that ban expired in 2004. At the same time, however, I appreciate that there are many law abiding gun owners who use their weapons for activities such as hunting and sport in a safe and effective manner and I support an individual's Second Amendment right to own a gun for such purposes.

Please know that I understand your views with regard to establishing additional laws on the sale and licensing of firearms. It is helpful for me to hear the views of Californians throughout the legislative process. Finally, while there is currently no companion legislation to H.R. 45 in the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind should such legislation be considered in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to me. I hope you will continue to keep me informed on matters of importance to you. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ENewsletterSignup.Signup.

69Mach1
07-20-2009, 9:43 PM
She's talking about the Federal AW and high cap ban circa 1994-2004. The CA assault weapons and high cap ban is still in effect and has no expiration date.

ETA: Although it looks like it's "days are numbered". :)

Noobert
07-20-2009, 9:44 PM
What the hell Feinstein. Cut the crap. Just say "10-rounds are legal/not".

scr83jp
07-20-2009, 9:48 PM
A dear friend of mine got this letter from Feinstein.. Does this mean the 10 capacity mag is no longer in effect by this letter. Does she even know what she is talking about? Has the ban expired as she say's? The gun shops don't know it...

Dear Mr. Ryan:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009" (H.R. 45). I appreciate hearing from you and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

On January 6, 2009, Representative Bobby L. Rush (D-IL) introduced the "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009", which would amend the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and prohibit an individual from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued alicense under the Act. In addition, it would proscribe license application, issuance, and renewal requirements. H.R. 45 is awaiting action in the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

During my tenure in the Senate, I have worked hard to introduce and support common-sense gun control legislation designed to keep our cities and neighborhoods safe. Additionally, I have worked to prevent criminals and children from having access to firearms. For example, I authored legislation to restrict large-capacity ammunition magazines and ban Assault Weapons, which was enacted into law in 1994. Unfortunately, that ban expired in 2004. At the same time, however, I appreciate that there are many law abiding gun owners who use their weapons for activities such as hunting and sport in a safe and effective manner and I support an individual's Second Amendment right to own a gun for such purposes.

Please know that I understand your views with regard to establishing additional laws on the sale and licensing of firearms. It is helpful for me to hear the views of Californians throughout the legislative process. Finally, while there is currently no companion legislation to H.R. 45 in the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind should such legislation be considered in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to me. I hope you will continue to keep me informed on matters of importance to you. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ENewsletterSignup.Signup.

I've disagreed with her for years but when I send a letter or email her aids send back thankyou for supporting her stand.HR 45 is a bad bill concocted by antigunners.

scr83jp
07-20-2009, 9:56 PM

Dear Mr. Ryan:

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

I've disagreed with her for years but when I send a letter or email her aids send back thankyou for supporting her stand.HR 45 is a bad bill concocted by antigunners it's a federal license with her & the chosen ones all weapons will disappear.