PDA

View Full Version : Please help me put a value on this Broomhandle

sorensen440
07-20-2009, 7:39 PM
It belongs to my father and he has expressed an interest in selling it and would like to know what its worth.
Feel free to ask me for any details as I'm not sure what information you would need to put a price on this

on the right hand side of the pistol

WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER
OBERNDORF A. NECKAR
D.R.P.u.A.P

FastFinger
07-20-2009, 9:05 PM
Don't know what it's worth, but that is one beautiful handgun! I've always liked them, and make it a point to fondle one whenever the opportunity is presented.

A friend of mine produced a movie trailer that prominently featured a Broomhandle, it's a post-apocalyptic sci-fi theme, the Mauser was perfectly cast. I think he's picked up financing - hopefully the pistol will survive the changes.

Many, many moons ago I had one offered to me at a steal price. Problem was I was afraid that it actually was stolen, so I passed.

Interested in seeing the valuations.

tiko
07-20-2009, 9:06 PM
I saw one here at J&G (Granite bay) for $2200, shoot .45ACP, 80% condition.

gun toting monkeyboy
07-20-2009, 9:47 PM
That is a 1930 Commercial model. Your best bet is to go hit the blue book and gunbroker and see what they are selling for. However, seeing as your granfather bought it long ago, and it is in such nice shape, I would do everything in your power to keep it. Ammo is available, as are loading componants. And they are fun to shoot. That is a nice looking gun. If it hasn't been refinished, is is worth quite a bit.

-Mb

sorensen440
07-20-2009, 9:54 PM
That is a 1930 Commercial model. Your best bet is to go hit the blue book and gunbroker and see what they are selling for. However, seeing as your granfather bought it long ago, and it is in such nice shape, I would do everything in your power to keep it. Ammo is available, as are loading componants. And they are fun to shoot. That is a nice looking gun. If it hasn't been refinished, is is worth quite a bit.

-Mb

Yeah I'm hoping to buy or trade it off my father when I figure out what a fair price is
Ive checked gunbroker and have not found much

RolinThundr
07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
It looks to be in very good condition, I hope that you are able to buy/trade for it. I've seen some in worse condition going for $1000, can't tell you more than that. If you're up for the drive, City Arms in Pacifica has 2 for sale, you can check their prices and condition and then compare to yours.

hybridatsun350
07-20-2009, 11:04 PM
I have no idea of value, but that is certainly a beautiful example!

ojisan
07-20-2009, 11:16 PM
You: Dad, nobody wants that old clunker! But there is this one fool on CalGuns named Ojisan who said he will give you $500 for it.
Dad: Has he got cash?
You: Yes.
Dad: Well, OK I guess.

You: Your plan worked great! He never even noticed that $500 I gave you was missing from his secret money stash in his sock drawer!
Oji: Here's your Broomhandle.

ivanimal
07-20-2009, 11:26 PM
This is from the 25th edition of the bluebook of gun values.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/ivanimal/mauser.jpg

dfletcher
07-21-2009, 10:11 AM
You may want to haul it on down to Krausewerk in San Mateo - just off El Camino & 21st. They have quite a few of these and I think know their stock well, my guess is that Broomhandles have been around for so long and there have been so many varieties that one mark, one type could be worth a good deal more than one without.

The guys that work at Krausewerk generally seem very helpful and low key, polite & professional. I think they'd be glad to help with value.