View Full Version : Ahhhh...Red Man day!

07-20-2009, 7:38 PM
Got home an hour or two ago from the 'ol Red Man and Sustained Resistance training drills. Good times! We lost one to dehydration, one went totally unconscious from who knows what and another didn't quite make it to the end because of some sort of exhaustion/heat something or other. All in all, a good time! Came out to a 14 minute fight, I believe, by the end of it. Beer now is excellent. :D

07-20-2009, 7:42 PM

Red man?

Jonathan Doe
07-20-2009, 7:59 PM
Being the redman is very tiring.

07-20-2009, 8:19 PM
I got in trouble once for fighting dirty once on red man day. :) Didn't have to fight as long tho....and I won. :)

07-20-2009, 8:20 PM

Red man?

The "red man" is a protective padded suit a defensive tactics instructor wears during training that allows you to use impact weapons without injuring the instructor, which is important because they always get even.

07-20-2009, 8:33 PM
Ah the red man....

07-20-2009, 8:34 PM
Get some! I remember those days of sustain confrontations. Good times.

07-20-2009, 8:35 PM
good times. both being the recruit and then getting to be the red man for other classes.

Being the red man was always fun because you could get the first cheap shot in and then the fight would start

07-20-2009, 9:15 PM
Guys who wear the RedMan suit do not complain about their duty vests ever being too hot! :D

07-20-2009, 9:20 PM
I recall one time my sgt. and I were going to go against the red man. I knew the red man and warned my sgt. about him. The deputy who was the red man was a perennial gold medal winner in the Police Olympics when it was still called that. He won in both martial arts and boxing. He had to box above his weight class because no one could beat him. He beat everyone in the upper class also.

He was an expert and black belt in over 3 martial arts, some of which where Bruce Lee's type. Ron, you might know who I'm referring to. He is a Sgt. now. He used to work Idt. with us.

I told the sgt. if he went in by himself and got caught by him, he was on his own, as I wasn't going to get sucked into that trap.:eek::D I told him it had to be a co-ordinated attack only. We won. Well not really, we just ran the clock out while we beat him with our plastic PR-24s.:)

07-20-2009, 9:21 PM
Last time I did 'red man,' I was tired and just tackled the S.O.B. after three or four minutes. End of scenario. :p