PDA

View Full Version : Future gun owner

ALCO HK
07-20-2009, 2:37 PM
After a year working alameda county as a private EMT I finally saved enough $ to purchase a consignment HK usp compact 40(the pay is ****ty). I have found this site to be extremely informative. Glad to see so many experienced gun owners actively posting. im still trying to get used to not calling a mag a clip, lol. Better to learn here then to look like a noob at the local gun shop.

PatriotnMore
07-20-2009, 2:52 PM
Congratulations.

I knew of a couple of guy who were EMT's for private companies, they got out due to low pay. I think its crazy knowing what you guys have to see and treat, to be paid so low. Why is that?

ALCO HK
07-20-2009, 3:03 PM
EMT is a stepping stone job and companies know this. The majority of emts are in it for the patient contact experience inorder to make themselves look better for a future fire job or nursing school. Im in it for the experience. im staring school for physical therapy in august. But your right the pay is to low considering all the contractable diseases im exposed to on an everyday basis.

shoupdawg
07-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Welcome and for the most part, folks are pretty easy on the newbs!

CnCFunFactory
07-20-2009, 11:44 PM
You don't want a GUN. It's too much responsibility. You never know when it's gonna leave the house and go on a shooting spree. :eek:

Seriously though congrats on a fine purchase, you really cannot go wrong with any HK, and welcome to the "club".

Be safe out there.