PDA

View Full Version : ......After the fiasco the other day, I will never give Wild Sports my $ ever again.

Solidsnake87
07-20-2009, 10:35 AM
So a group of lady friends expressed to me that they wanted to go shooting this weekend, so I invited them up to my parent's cabin for some plinking. Before we left we hit wild sports for some ammo. They have a limit of 3 boxes per caliber, which is totally cool--if an individual is shooting. To make sure everybody could shoot the guns I brought, every body had to buy 3 boxes of various types of ammo. I realized, before I had even gotten to the counter, that one of my friends was not 21. I told her I'd buy her ammo and took it from her. At the counter, the salesman refused to sell me any ammunition because my friend had "At one point touched the ammunition." They would not back down on this stance, and so I left telling them that their store policies on ammo had been overkill. This is the SAME store that refused to sell me .30-06 rifle ammunition when I was 18 because "it can be used in a pistol." I told the manager I'm done shopping there and am never coming back.

Midway USA will be getting my ammo moneys now---and I'll be reloadin.

On the way out my friend told me that I should have said to the manager "Well since she tainted this ammo, if I go back and grab some new boxes are we cool?" lol.

At least R&C runs and ammo sold us what we needed. They also deal AR stuff now :D

DarkHorse
07-20-2009, 11:17 AM
...At least R&C runs and ammo sold us what we needed. They also deal AR stuff now :D

WTH is that? Did you eat a bad burrito or something?

locosway
07-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Seems extreme... Wouldn't it be the fault of the person behind the counter, or did they hand it to you and you passed it to her?

What if you left the store and waited 2 mins and walked back in. Would that count as a separate visit and then they'd sell it to you?

MasterYong
07-20-2009, 1:01 PM
That's a similar policy as a lot of chains have about alcohol.

I had a drug store not want to sell me beer when my GF didn't have her ID. We were making separate purchases, but the clerk wouldn't sell me beer without seeing her ID because at one point he noticed that I had TALKED to her while we were in the store. Funny thing is she was older than I was.

Longs Drugs in Arcata wouldn't sell me rifle cleaning patches without an ID. Seriously. They scanned the patches, the register said they needed to check ID because somehow everything in the firearms section was age-locked. I had my ID but still it was ridiculous having to get it out to get patches.

leitung
07-20-2009, 1:16 PM
Yeah Wild Sports in nuts, I rarely go in there anymore. They told me I needed to be 21 to buy a stock for my ruger 10/22.. WTF!

I have e-mailed them about this policy, but to no avail.

Take your money down to Just Guns on Auburn & Watt Ave, they will take care of you without the BS.

Solidsnake87
07-20-2009, 2:07 PM
have not gone there. i'll have to stop by

leitung
07-20-2009, 6:18 PM
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com is a great site too..

Just handing out some options,
I also like J&G Gunsmithing in Granite Bay, however Just Guns is cheaper in the ammo department. River City Gun Exchange is also a great shop, but the Sacramento ammo law is annoying if your not exempt like me.
Accually, a other good little less known shop in the North Sac area is Elkhorn Bait & Tackle. They are on 16th street & Elkhorn Blvd. They have a rather annoying 11 day wait on guns though.

Flying Bones
07-20-2009, 6:29 PM
These guys are mostly dumb. With the exception of a couple of good ones, the rest are anal boobs. Nothing really worth going in there for since they stopped the ad prices anyway. I cant find a dealer that has ok prices and good customer service.

Vacaville
07-20-2009, 6:32 PM
Hang out in front of the store and ask older people if they'd be willing to buy ammo for you. :thumbsup:

Flying Bones
07-20-2009, 6:35 PM
Hang out in front of the store and ask older people if they'd be willing to buy ammo for you. :thumbsup:

LOL.

nodeone
07-20-2009, 6:38 PM
I paid a visit to Wild Sports a few months ago, and had a similar frustrating experience. I am sure they just want to make sure they are well inside both the letter and intent of the law, but it sure can make life more difficult. +100 on J & G Gunsmithing on Barton Rd. Steve and the others up there are great.

rudedude916
07-20-2009, 6:47 PM
These guys are mostly dumb. With the exception of a couple of good ones, the rest are anal boobs. Nothing really worth going in there for since they stopped the ad prices anyway. I cant find a dealer that has ok prices and good customer service.

They really do have a couple of D-bags that work there.

Acorn556
07-20-2009, 7:51 PM
I wonder if you handed it to them AFTER you paid for it if they would have offered you a refund since that same person touched the ammo. Gay policy. I could understand it with alcohol but when it comes to firearms they know the same thing, you're probably going shooting and they aren't old enough to buy ammo. Guess you got someone in a pissy *** mood. I wonder if a kid was holding ammo for his dad if it would be the same thing.

Greg-Dawg
07-20-2009, 7:59 PM
...one of my friends was not 21. I told her I'd buy her ammo and took it from her. At the counter, the salesman refused to sell me any ammunition because my friend had "At one point touched the ammunition." They would not back down on this stance, and so I left telling them that their store policies on ammo had been overkill. This is the SAME store that refused to sell me .30-06 rifle ammunition when I was 18 because "it can be used in a pistol." I told the manager I'm done shopping there and am never coming back.

On the way out my friend told me that I should have said to the manager "Well since she tainted this ammo, if I go back and grab some new boxes are we cool?" lol.

Last time I checked, it's unlawful to buy pistol ammo to those under 21.

Just chill.

locosway
07-20-2009, 8:37 PM
I don't even see the relation to the alcohol either. If I have my kids with me, can I not buy some beer or wine? If I happen to have a wife who is under 21, would she need to wait in the car while I buy myself alcohol?

This is the same thing as the cops assuming since you're armed that you're a criminal. Assumption sucks.

ghost
07-20-2009, 9:08 PM

that`d be a first to see kids shoulder tapping for ammo now.

PLINK
07-20-2009, 9:29 PM
WTH is that? Did you eat a bad burrito or something?

typo?

RC Guns and Ammo

Hunter4life1990
07-20-2009, 9:37 PM
Last time I checked, it's unlawful to buy pistol ammo to those under 21.

Just chill.

last time i checked if its for a rifle you dont need to be 21.they cant prove you dont have a pistol caliber rifle.

dwtt
07-20-2009, 9:42 PM
Seems extreme... Wouldn't it be the fault of the person behind the counter, or did they hand it to you and you passed it to her?

What if you left the store and waited 2 mins and walked back in. Would that count as a separate visit and then they'd sell it to you?

That's not extreme for Wild Sports, it's normal.
If you ever go into the store to buy a handgun in their ad, you'll be lucky to get them to acknowledge you, then it'll take the patience of a saint to endure the FUD and posturing of the guys behind the counter. Try it some day, you'll learn to appreciate your local FFL.

locosway
07-20-2009, 9:50 PM
If you ever go into the store to buy a handgun in their ad, you'll be lucky to get them to acknowledge you, then it'll take the patience of a saint to endure the FUD and posturing of the guys behind the counter. Try it some day, you'll learn to appreciate your local FFL.

Where's this place at? I'm a confrontational person when I want to be. :D

Hunter4life1990
07-20-2009, 9:59 PM

or if there are more shops that are better to do bussiness with,who dont spew FUD from all their blow holes, go to them. then when wild sports pisses everyone off and they have no more customers they might get a friggin clue.

J-cat
07-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Where's this place at? I'm a confrontational person when I want to be. :D

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wild+sports+sacramento&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,6057324208053334403&ei=rlxlSqPBL4T-MLLhhZ0B&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

I've been there once. Didn't get to argue with anyone. I usually don't do that on my first visit.

locosway
07-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Hey, right next to Folsom!

I don't travel that way much anymore, can't say I really want to either...

ck867
07-20-2009, 11:14 PM
same old story and complaints as usual about wild sports. Take your business to River City Gun Exchange.

k1dude
07-20-2009, 11:44 PM
I stopped going there years ago. They totally ignore you regardless of how long you stand at the counter. They act as if they're doing you an INCREDIBLE favor if they even acknowledge your presence. Then they act put-out with sour-puss faces if you ask any questions. The message is clear, you are obviously beneath them. You should consider yourself lucky if they even look your direction.