PDA

View Full Version : CCW Question

shingletownwalt
07-20-2009, 9:11 AM
A few months ago I was getting really exhausted at work. I was working a 8hr shift with a 4hr split after 6hrs. I live too far from work to go home during the split so I would be at work for 12hrs every day. I have Peripheral Neouropathy from Agent Orange exposure that was causing a lot of pain due to the long shifts. I saw a doctor about my problem and he said he wanted me to talk to someone. He made an appointment with a shrink. The shrink talked with me for about 10min and said I'm fine he can't see any reason to see me. Did this one appointment ruin my chance to get a CCW. I know the application ask if you have ever been treated for mental health problems? I was never treated and the guy said I was fine. Please tell me that that one visit won't disqualify me.

cvgunright
07-20-2009, 4:04 PM
no. the application state "have you been in a mental institue, TREATED for mental illness, or been found not guilty....."

shrink said you were fine...you did not have a mental illness and no treatment.

good luck.

tiko
07-20-2009, 9:13 PM
You are fine.

hoffmang
07-20-2009, 9:44 PM
Also, even choosing to take treatment from a psychologist or psychiatrist does not mean you were treated for mental illness. Wanting to talk over things that have been bothering you do not a diagnosis for and treatment of mental illness make.

-Gene