PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Kingofthehill
07-20-2009, 6:59 AM
and continue to use it?

looks cleaner and nicer than the "Safe-T Block)

JOe

Grumpyoldretiredcop
07-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Don't personally know anyone who's used them... but I have two in my inventory that customers had me remove and didn't want them back.

PutTogether
07-21-2009, 12:52 AM
I have a pet peeve for posts on forums that don't answer someone's question, and espouse an opinion that wasn't asked for, and possibly not relevant to the conversation....... yet I'm posting one anyway.

Depending on your reasons for posting the question, my reply can be COMPLETELY irrelevant, but here it is anyway.

A glock trigger is really, REALLY, REALLY hard to set off accidentally. I dont' quite side with the "my finger is my safety and I know what I am doing at all times and will never make a mistake" type guys. But seriously, it is very, VERY difficult to pull a Glock trigger if you maintain even a semblance of awareness and observance of the rules of gun safety.

Now i only add this incase you are asking about the Siderlock because you are worried about Glocks being "unsafe." This may not have a single thing to do with why you are asking the question. Maybe you are worried about an attacker disarming you, and a safety makes it harder for them to use your weapon - I get that. In fact, THAT is why I like guns with manual safeties so much.

There could be a million reasons you are asking about the siderlock, but if it is because you are worried about the Glock being unsafe - don't.

Sorry for the tangent.

Kingofthehill
07-21-2009, 5:32 AM
I have a pet peeve for posts on forums that don't answer someone's question, and espouse an opinion that wasn't asked for, and possibly not relevant to the conversation....... yet I'm posting one anyway.

Depending on your reasons for posting the question, my reply can be COMPLETELY irrelevant, but here it is anyway.

A glock trigger is really, REALLY, REALLY hard to set off accidentally. I dont' quite side with the "my finger is my safety and I know what I am doing at all times and will never make a mistake" type guys. But seriously, it is very, VERY difficult to pull a Glock trigger if you maintain even a semblance of awareness and observance of the rules of gun safety.

Now i only add this incase you are asking about the Siderlock because you are worried about Glocks being "unsafe." This may not have a single thing to do with why you are asking the question. Maybe you are worried about an attacker disarming you, and a safety makes it harder for them to use your weapon - I get that. In fact, THAT is why I like guns with manual safeties so much.

There could be a million reasons you are asking about the siderlock, but if it is because you are worried about the Glock being unsafe - don't.

Sorry for the tangent.

I bought it for my first CCW gun and its just odd to me not having a more traditional safety, thats all.

It just looked like better quality than the Safe-T block.... but i may not be using my Glock for CCW now anyways, so it may not matter.

JOe

trinydex
07-21-2009, 8:53 AM
that is one weird lookin' safety

Josh3239
07-21-2009, 12:26 PM
I was playing with the idea of buying the one Midway carrys, it is much more traditional looking but I started reading "pro-glock" articles about the lack of an external safety and it convinced me not to buy it.

There is a thread on GlockTalk about the siderlock: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924924

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=247176&t=11082005
http://www.krtraining.com/FAQs/Glocksafety1.jpg