PDA

View Full Version : Front Sight - here I come !!!

mike452
07-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Finally got my 800 rounds! :clap:

Took forever and many trips to get this far. Received my 1st time certificate and ready to go.
Just need to pick a cooler weekend.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2wnv02p.jpg

Black Majik
07-20-2009, 8:11 AM
Congrats! All that ammo :drool5:

Don't forget to give us an AAR after the class. Have fun!

dansgold
07-20-2009, 8:34 AM
You are going to love it. I just completed the 4-day handgun course last month. Learned sooo much and my shooting/handling has improved considerably.

Tips: Don't worry too much about bringing anything to drink ... water and Gatorade are provided on the range. Pack your own lunch and put it in a cooler. As soon as you find out your range assignment ... go move your car that location. Sunscreen is an ABSOLUTE must, as is a good cap. If you are considering buying a membership, wait 'til you go there ... there is usually an awesome discounted membership offered during the 4-days which includes all sorts of guns-n-gear.

Greg-Dawg
07-20-2009, 8:44 AM
Just don't go mall ninja on us after you take the course.

Have fun.

HowardW56
07-20-2009, 8:46 AM
Congrats! All that ammo :drool5:

Don't forget to give us an AAR after the class. Have fun!

I want to hear how it was...

Black Majik
07-20-2009, 9:02 AM
Just don't go mall ninja on us after you take the course.

Have fun.

I thought Mall Ninjas normally don't take classes. ;)

chickenfried
07-20-2009, 9:23 AM
Want some examples :p?

I thought Mall Ninjas normally don't take classes. ;)

jmf_tracy
07-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Finally got my 800 rounds! :clap:

Took forever and many trips to get this far. Received my 1st time certificate and ready to go.
Just need to pick a cooler weekend.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2wnv02p.jpg

congrats on making the decision to go to front sight. i am a member and have been many times, i just wish i could go more. don't worry about the weather, front sight LV is closed until september, it'll be cooler then. they do this every year - close july & august.
here are some tips for you:
1. stay at best western and get the frontsight student discount. they also have a pretty good breakfast buffet.
2. when you get into town the night before your first class, go to walmart and buy stuff for your lunch at frontsight. they have a decent deli. you can also check for ammo, let us know about that.

good luck and have fun!

Quiet
07-20-2009, 7:07 PM
No matter what time of year you go, don't forget to put on sunscreen and bring plenty of water/gateraide.