PDA

View Full Version : Young girl locked in a gun safe

frankiejoe577
07-19-2009, 7:05 PM
http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news.php?story_id=45208&newsgroup_id=

Maybe they should keep the safe closed and locked?
They did not mention anything about if there were guns inside but good thing she didnt pop the cops when they opened the safe. :eek:

bohoki
07-19-2009, 7:29 PM
its so odd every safe ive seen doesnt lock on door closing you have to have someone rotate the lever from outside

so the report should be someone locked a little girl in a safe

eflatminor
07-19-2009, 7:41 PM
its so odd every safe ive seen doesnt lock on door closing you have to have someone rotate the lever from outside

so the report should be someone locked a little girl in a safe

My gun safe, a Cannon, locks automatically upon closing.

VW*Mike
07-19-2009, 7:55 PM
^^^^^ My Cannon does the same. If it were a good gun safe, she would have been dead. No getting it open without causing some major heat or damage......... lucky ducky. This is the reason they take doors off old fridges.

CnCFunFactory
07-20-2009, 11:30 AM
My gun safe, a Cannon, locks automatically upon closing.

+1 on that.

As the door closes the bolts snap into place. I prefer it that way.

adamsreeftank
07-20-2009, 12:49 PM
The locksmith was able to tell the cops how to open the safe over the phone. I wonder what they told them.

MasterYong
07-20-2009, 2:26 PM
Yeah I don't get it. No one was around (or available to call) that knew the combo, but it was open to get inside?

The cops directed bystanders to help drill a hole for air in the safe, while he tried the combo?

Did the lock break? That seems like the only logical solution, but any mention of it is missing from the article...

Dirtbiker
07-20-2009, 2:46 PM
No child, no matter how young could even fit in my safe and it's 6'x3'x3'.

Keeping it filled with guns keeps children safe!

bootcamp
07-20-2009, 2:47 PM
OMG, i have a young son and that is my worst nightmare. Thankfully I have an old school dial and I do my best to keep it full and locked all the time. No room for him or anyone and locked all the time is the safest method.

johnny_22
07-20-2009, 3:03 PM
When I am taking stuff out to clean, or go to the range, I watch my cat go into the safe, sniff around and then come out.

1923mack
07-20-2009, 3:20 PM
My safe also requires someone on the outside to twist the handle that engages the bars that do the actual locking. It is not lockable from the inside.

Stan_Humphries
07-20-2009, 3:29 PM
10 years old?! That's too young!

I don't plan to lock up any of my (future) daughters until they are at least 13 years old.

ke6guj
07-20-2009, 3:31 PM
Keeping it filled with guns keeps children safe!

Buy more guns, its for the children :D

RANGER295
07-20-2009, 3:44 PM
My main safe locks automatically when it closes and being that it is TI-30 security rated with both a combo and a key and weighs more than my truck, there is no way that a cop or anyone else would be able to open it or move it very quickly.

But it is pretty full now so it would be almost impossible to get inside. Also, if you were inside, being that there is nothing to grab on the inside of the door, it would be almost impossible to pull a door weighing over 500 pounds closed on yourself.

When I am taking stuff out to clean, or go to the range, I watch my cat go into the safe, sniff around and then come out.

Hey, I wonder if I accidently closed a cat in the safe and it died if it would be “my fault”… gives me ideas… no just joking

sholling
07-20-2009, 4:53 PM
That happened to a kid at Sams Club a few months ago. I suspect it's why I haven't seen a gun safe there since.

professionalcoyotehunter
07-20-2009, 4:55 PM
Atleast she was safe from harm in the safe and could not be stolen. Probably fire proof too! LOL.

bohoki
07-20-2009, 6:07 PM
My safe also requires someone on the outside to twist the handle that engages the bars that do the actual locking. It is not lockable from the inside.

mine too its a cannon brand

close door an twist handle but its the no frills costco digital executive vault model