PDA

View Full Version : Curt Massey Memorial Competition Shoot

Jonathan Doe
07-19-2009, 1:41 PM
I shot this match today. It was a good turn out with more than 100 shooters and a lot of prizes given away. I didn't do particularity well, but enjoyed talking to old friends who I haven't seen for while. There were some good shooters and some so so like me.

There were some vendors who had displays also. There were Pro Force, All State Police Supply and J&J Armory to name a few. The vendors let the shooters handle their merchandises and other stuffs on display. J&J had a sign on their rifles saying to the effect of "Do not touch the rifles unless you intend to own it." That was a big turn off for me. I rather to see how the rifles feel in my hands, but not touching? How do I know if I like it?Oh, well, I didn't intend to buy anything from them anyways.

Overall, I was glad I was there. The officials let Curt's kids shoot also. It was good to see it.

Anyways, that was my observation at the match.

West coast
07-19-2009, 1:53 PM
I shot this match today. It was a good turn out with more than 100 shooters and a lot of prizes given away. I didn't do particularity well, but enjoyed talking to old friends who I haven't seen for while. There were some good shooters and some so so like me.

There were some vendors who had displays also. There were Pro Force, All State Police Supply and J&J Armory to name a few. The vendors let the shooters handle their merchandises and other stuffs on display. J&J had a sign on their rifles saying to the effect of "Do not touch the rifles unless you intend to own it." That was a big turn off for me. I rather to see how the rifles feel in my hands, but not touching? How do I know if I like it?Oh, well, I didn't intend to buy anything from them anyways.

Overall, I was glad I was there. The officials let Curt's kids shoot also. It was good to see it.

Anyways, that was my observation at the match.

What up with J&J and that sign DO NOT TOUCH THE RIFLES UNLESS YOU INTEND TO OWN IT. :banghead:

By the way any pictures???

DNA
07-19-2009, 2:34 PM
I agree, it was a fun shoot. BTW the scores were the aggregate of the two best times right? I just left and so far I think the top score was a little under 6.5 seconds for 12 plates... :O

Dan

HCz
07-19-2009, 2:39 PM
Too far from me. I might have gone, but distane and my stomachache prevented me.

6.5 sec for 12 plates? Did they check the shooter's gun for modifications?!?!?! :p

Jonathan Doe
07-19-2009, 2:53 PM
I just used the Dept issued 92FS and averaged 6+ sec per 6 plates. I am not much of a pistol shooter, although I can hold my own with rifles.;)

M47_Dragon
07-19-2009, 3:23 PM
I did really poorly on the shooting itself, won a small raffle item, bought a knife and had a great time...

The only thing that wasn't great was the HEAT. I was waiting for the devil to make an appearance, possibly even be called to the shooting line...

I stayed tented and fanned as much as possible, but I still feel beat down by the sun.

Nap time.

HCz
07-19-2009, 3:45 PM
I just used the Dept issued 92FS and averaged 6+ sec per 6 plates. I am not much of a pistol shooter, although I can hold my own with rifles.;)

show off!

;)

M47_Dragon
07-19-2009, 4:39 PM
I should add that this shoot was for a wonderful cause, and I as an outsider to this particular group/family of LEOs, felt very welcomed. I was lucky enough to sit at the same table as Curt's children as they were eating lunch after they did their shoot. Great kids - the boy had his target with him, we complimented him on his great shooting (two A shots!). The little girl was adorable, and gave her brother props - "I shot okay, but HE did better."

Great day. Well wishes to the Massey family!