PDA

View Full Version : My 10 day wait begins! UPDATE 7-29-09!

low94noma
07-18-2009, 4:44 PM
So today marks the beginning of the dreaded 10 day waiting period. I am also pleased to say that Alquist Arms in Turlock have very good customer service. I was not aware of their business hours and got lost on the way out there, ended up getting there right as they closed. Surprisingly enough, he got paperwork going on my Glock 26 for me with no complaints and an outgoing attitude. Glad to know that there are local shops who value their customers. Another good gun store to add to the list. Worth my 30 minute drive out there. Plus brand spanking new G26 for 499 dollars, can you say WOW!

Jonathan Doe
07-18-2009, 4:47 PM
I had a similar experience with Oaktree Gun Club. I was picking up a M-1A just before Christmas last year. The traffic was horrible. It was getting close to closing time. I called and they waited for me to show up and let me pick up my rifle. I appreciate the stores that take care of their customers. They get my business.:hurray:

rg_1111@yahoo.com
07-18-2009, 5:07 PM
Congrats on your new Glock. Fantastic price also.

low94noma
07-18-2009, 7:30 PM
Congrats on your new Glock. Fantastic price also.
Thanks, I can't wait to put some rounds through it. After a bit of target rounds, Ill see how she likes Speer Gold Dots.

alain209
07-18-2009, 7:44 PM
congrats on the glock. very good choice.

Fjold
07-18-2009, 8:02 PM
The bad thing is that you will have an 11 day wait because you DROS'ed your gun after closing time so you probably won't be able to pick it up after hours.

:D

low94noma
07-18-2009, 11:37 PM
The bad thing is that you will have an 11 day wait because you DROS'ed your gun after closing time so you probably won't be able to pick it up after hours.

:D
My heart dropped after reading this. I did not even think about that, so... I had to check the hours and I am pleased to see that they are open for another hour and a half after my pick-up time:clap:. I think Saturday is an early closing day. That extra day would have hurt bad.

thefifthspeed
07-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Alquist has great prices but their FUD spreading a bit high. Aside form the EBR stuff they told me that I am breaking the law by having C&R longguns sent to my house after trying to explain what an 03FFL is. Also heard from them that it's illegal to make your own firearms w/o serial numbers etc etc...

Overall if they have what I want I would still buy from them, I just wouldn't listen to anything related to firearm law.

Big Jake
07-19-2009, 3:00 PM
Oaktree Gun Club is a great place to shoot! Family freindly. I take my family there to shoot at least once a month!:52:

mean72nova
07-19-2009, 3:10 PM
alquist has great prices, they may spread FUD, but they are still great

audihenry
07-19-2009, 3:21 PM
My 10 day wait ends tomorrow!

slik556
07-19-2009, 5:29 PM
Mine ended at 11:56am this morning!!:mnl: Now I just have to wait for the rest of the 30 days to end so I can start a new one, You know these stupid Kalifornia laws....... I really got to get out of this place:beatdeadhorse5:.

JuiceSR9
07-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Yea Alquist has good prices but they have an employee that gets to Walmart every morning at 6:30 and waits in line till 7 so he can buy all the ammo. He usually cleans out all the 9mm.....I just think thats wrong

low94noma
07-27-2009, 3:17 PM
Yea Alquist has good prices but they have an employee that gets to Walmart every morning at 6:30 and waits in line till 7 so he can buy all the ammo. He usually cleans out all the 9mm.....I just think thats wrong
Lol, I guess first come first serve. I may start taking up reloading pretty quick here.

bruceflinch
07-27-2009, 6:21 PM
tick tock tick tock, Is it time yet? :)

JuiceSR9
07-27-2009, 6:49 PM
Lol, I guess first come first serve. I may start taking up reloading pretty quick here.

I guess but then he goes and sell it for double

THT
07-27-2009, 6:52 PM
Congrats! I thought the three day wait here for hand guns was bad (24 hours for long guns) but 10 days is just BRUTAL!

Greg-Dawg
07-27-2009, 6:57 PM
Glocks rule the world!

low94noma
07-29-2009, 2:41 PM
Congrats! I thought the three day wait here for hand guns was bad (24 hours for long guns) but 10 days is just BRUTAL!
Very very brutal! Lots of sleepless nights for gun lovers! I would love to have only a 3 day wait.

low94noma
07-29-2009, 2:58 PM
Here is a few picks of her first day out. The huge backstop I was shooting against was so packed I was able to walk up and pick up a few of the bullets that were not cratered in the dirt.

I was shooting PMC Bronze 115gr range ammo, just for plinking not looking for anything top of the line but still accurate. My other rounds were 115gr Speer Gold Dots, they felt a bit more snappy for some reason, psychological maybe. Both fed really well, after her first 100 rounds, no FTE's or FTF's! Here is a couple of pics that show how the hollow points mushroomed and I figured I would throw the spent round of the range ammo in there too. My target was just a paint bucket and a cardboard box, nothing too special.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j64/low94noma/glock002.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j64/low94noma/glock001.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j64/low94noma/glock003.jpg

JuiceSR9
08-07-2009, 8:26 AM
i guess

BONECUTTER
08-07-2009, 8:58 AM
Quit complaining I have a 24 day wait going. :(

DROS'd a hand gun I have wanted for a while because we had it. 3 days after I pick it up something I wanted so much more come in. Now I can't even start the paper work until the 21st and take home on the 31st.

That sucks.

Str8shutr
08-07-2009, 9:28 AM
I have to laugh.....You guys are like me, we can hardly stand the waiting period and typically show up to pick up our news toy just as the store opens!!
What surprises me is that at the gun store I work at, about once a month or so, we get someone who waits past their 30 day window and has to re dros...This always blows my mind.. Even AFTER calling to remind them like little kids...I ask them, did you have to go out of town or something......no I just forgot...
I guess your either a gun nut or your not.......

low94noma
08-07-2009, 9:35 AM
I have to laugh.....You guys are like me, we can hardly stand the waiting period and typically show up to pick up our news toy just as the store opens!!
What surprises me is that at the gun store I work at, about once a month or so, we get someone who waits past their 30 day window and has to re dros...This always blows my mind.. Even AFTER calling to remind them like little kids...I ask them, did you have to go out of town or something......no I just forgot...
I guess your either a gun nut or your not.......
I honestly can not believe why anyone would want to wait past their 10 days. It makes me chuckle when some guys out of state complain about their 3 day waits. Just waiting for my 30 day prison sentence is over to DROS my next one.