View Full Version : Part-Time CA Legislature Petition Drive

Sons of Liberty
07-17-2009, 7:08 PM
If you are tired of all of the bad anti-gun legislation coming out of Sacramento, Citizens for California Reform have started a petition drive to make our legislature "part-time". Limiting their time sends a signal that we are tired of bad legislation, like AB962, and are going to start to do something about it! :hat:

07-17-2009, 7:21 PM
I'll sign it

07-17-2009, 7:30 PM
If this is a non-enforcable petition, and not say a ballot Amendment, what is the point?

Sons of Liberty
07-17-2009, 7:42 PM
It's a statewide ballot measure initiative!

LAK Supply
07-17-2009, 8:27 PM
It's about time! Those slimeball crooks in Sac should be flipping burgers and cleaning toilets (the ones that shouldn't be in prison) instead of "running" a state. The next best thing besides trying them, shipping them off to Europe or actually rising up and taking the power back into the hands of the people is limiting the time they can spend doing damage. Our state is like that... only the really important issues get dealt with in the few months they meet, and a bunch of idiotic new laws don't pop up as a result of too many crooks spending too much time chewing on their power.

It's kind of funny too... 650,000 people and our unemployment rate is lower than the rest of the nation, and we have more money in the coffers than any of the leftist states that have millions of residents. I'm hearing from a couple of our reps that a bill similar to Montana's firearms act (except we won't ***** out on the full auto stuff) is in the works "if the legislators can get the critical issues dealt with in the time they have during session." :chris:

07-17-2009, 8:39 PM
OK, it's an initiative. Is there $100,000 behind it to get it on the ballot?

07-17-2009, 10:00 PM
CCR has spent tens of thousands of dollars supporting candidates that share its common vision.

Only tens of thousands. Didn't CCR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creedence_Clearwater_Revival) disband in the '70's?

07-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh H*LL Yes!

07-17-2009, 11:29 PM
The problem as I see it is there are no consequences for their actions when they write bad legislation. The only option we have now is to try to vote them out of office. By the time we get them out of office the damage has been done. They have written some piece of crap that no one can understand or it is unconstitutional. Then it takes somebody’s life savings to get them out of trouble they should of never been in the first place. The legislators that sponsored the legislation are writing more crap, collecting their pay and ruining someone else’s life.

Doctors can be sued for medical malpractice; financial advisors can be sued for financial malpractice. We should be able to sue legislators for legal malpractice. Legislators need to be held responsible for the damage and hurt they cause. They write laws and leave it up to the courts to try to figure out what their talking about. It clogs up the courts and waists tax payer money. If we are going to put something on the ballot lets put something that hits the politicians in their wallets.

07-18-2009, 6:32 AM
A part time legislature meeting for 4 weeks every two years to hammer out a two year balanced budget is the answer to California's problems.

Under the current system professional slackers and busybodies are entrenched and cannot be removed from office. Gerrymandering has seen to it that no seat in the legislature can change party hands. Campaign finance "reform" has removed the influence of businesses and left the unions and party extremists in change of campaign funding - establishing them as king makers.

07-18-2009, 7:13 AM
i am so in!!!

07-18-2009, 8:08 AM
You know they're going to fight this tooth and nail. Question is will you fight just as hard as they will.

07-18-2009, 8:23 AM
We already have redistricting reform. And now there is the possibility of both open primaries and a part time legislature on the 2010 ballot. At the very least these passing could mean that CA politics are going to be vastly different in 2011 and beyond. I might even go as far as saying that writing a new CA constitution might be doable by 2015.

07-18-2009, 9:40 AM
I'm all for this!