PDA

View Full Version : Buy a Truck get an AK-47

nso1
07-17-2009, 1:51 PM
A Dealer Missouri is giving vouchers to purchase an AK-47 to anyone who buys a pickup truck. Solodad Obrien interviews him and has an Anti attitude to say the least but the guy handles himself pretty well

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/07/17/am.muller.truck.ak47.cnn

Para45
07-17-2009, 2:00 PM
hahaha that was GREAT!!!

Ducman
07-17-2009, 2:00 PM
A Dealer Missouri is giving vouchers to purchase an AK-47 to anyone who buys a pickup truck. Solodad Obrien interviews him and has an Anti attitude to say the least but the guy handles himself pretty well

LOL, he was much Better than I, I would have called her a ***** :p

bodger
07-17-2009, 2:02 PM
That's great!
I wonder if the bank that Michael Moore went to in "Bowling for Columbine" is still giving away free rifles when you open up an account or an IRA or whatever it was.
('Scuse me whilst I spit on the ground at then mention of the aforementioned POS's name.)

BroncoBob
07-17-2009, 3:54 PM
LOL, what a trash bag she is. He stood his ground love the part when he asked her "Do you have a problem with God?" :rofl2:

He might as well have been talking to rock, she'll never get it.

wksun88
07-17-2009, 4:18 PM
I could see his face getting red after the barrage of questions with a condescending attitude from the news anchor LOL

Monte
07-17-2009, 4:26 PM
That guy did a great job in the interview! That wasn't Soledad O'Brien, though. ;)

bodger
07-17-2009, 4:42 PM
That guy did a great job in the interview! That wasn't Soledad O'Brien, though. ;)

Soledad MIGHT have been an improvement over that condescending witch.

fred40
07-17-2009, 4:49 PM
AK's are illegal he should have corrected the dumb b$#$h by saying AK style rifle.

COBRA MASTER
07-17-2009, 4:49 PM
HELL YEAH HE HANDLED HIMSELF GOOD IN FRONT OF THOSE DOUBLE TALKING,HYPOCRITIC, LYING FAKE *** REPORTERS, I GOT TO SHARE THIS WITH THE OLE LADY HEHEHEHEE

vladbutsky
07-17-2009, 5:22 PM
She actually called it "semi-assault weapon" not "assault weapon". It is a progress!

wikidklown
07-17-2009, 5:31 PM
She actually called it "semi-assault weapon" not "assault weapon". It is a progress!

Actually she did say semi-assault weapon once ;)

Dirtbozz
07-17-2009, 5:32 PM
I live in LA County (condolences accepted) and I'm going to that guys dealership to buy my next truck.

He did an excellent job in the interview and he is a real American.

He appears to be a Conservative (Yah think?) and he is quick on his feet. He should run for office. I'll bet he would help clean house in DC.

:79:

wikidklown
07-17-2009, 5:35 PM

Hehehe, you caught on that too...

evan69
07-17-2009, 5:39 PM
Why didn't he just ask her what's different about ak-47s, compared to the guns that were in her home as a child? That would have shut her up if he had argued the subject more effectively.

He pulled every wrong turn in the book for arguing against an anti... that is, if he wanted to shut her up and actually show her she was wrong...

He fell right in the trap of letting her assert her view that an ak-47 is somehow some kind of super weapon. He also let her have the "officers get shot down in the line of duty" part. All he had to say was, "Not by ak-47's they don't, the vast majority is by handguns. You should really get your facts straight."

When debating pro gun, one should never imply in any way that the ak-47 or any other AW is any more powerful or different.

It pisses me off when the people on tv just come up that short in arguments, when they have every winning argument at their disposal, on their own side.

Theseus
07-17-2009, 5:39 PM
He did well considering what he was up against.

What I find a little troubling is how she took issue with...God and guns being in the same motto. . . How about "in God we trust"? Maybe I have a problem with those things being included with money?

I don't even believe in God, but it is ridiculous to believe in God and not believe that he/she/it wish you the ability to protect yourself.

cactus
07-17-2009, 6:34 PM
That guy was great! He used the same tactics CNN uses. I loved it when he asked if she didn't like God, I was dying laughing so hard.

Legasat
07-17-2009, 6:41 PM
He just told her what he thought, straight from the heart, and that comes across. She kept baiting him, and while it was not perfect, he did a fine job!

Harrison_Bergeron
07-17-2009, 6:44 PM
Why was he using the term AK47? Isn't that right up there with saying "clip"? He could have built a much stronger foundation for the argument by correcting the terminology to something less "evil".

Also, on the God and guns part, he should have mentioned the second amendment as having been just as American as Judeo-Christian beliefs as evidenced by it's inclusion in the BoR, which was written by the countries founders.

It was still pretty funny.

GoodEyeSniper
07-17-2009, 6:50 PM
Anyone have a link to a different news site or clip of this, I can never get videos to load on that one.

7x57
07-17-2009, 6:53 PM
Also, on the God and guns part, he should have mentioned the second amendment as having been just as American as Judeo-Christian beliefs as evidenced by it's inclusion in the BoR,

You forget. No one is supposed to remember the Christian origins of the parts of the Western Christian tradition that people like.

7x57

aileron
07-17-2009, 7:05 PM
Actually, I think the press just did a booboo. They helped this guy out tremendously. She also didn't come off as all that smart about her position against guns.

FastFinger
07-17-2009, 7:19 PM
That was fantastic! Loved it!

In hindsight I'm sure he would have liked to alter a response or two, but considering it was live he did a great job.

Here's a linjk to his site, which has a few more details Max Motors (http://www.max71.com/)

zchen
07-17-2009, 7:28 PM
all things considered, I think he did a good job fending her off.

jjperl
07-17-2009, 7:52 PM
My dad (a retired used car salesman) got a kick out of that. That's a great way to get in the news and sell cars.

truthseeker
07-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I am glad to see that there ARE other AMERICANS in this country!

alex00
07-17-2009, 10:39 PM
He did a great job. She looked desperate to make him appear to be a redneck gun nut. He stood his ground, and took control.

stuckinhippytown
07-17-2009, 10:47 PM
GOd shes such a dirt bag bet shed want an Ak when someone wanted to rape her or rob her for meth meth heads are no joke

Flying Bones
07-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I couldn't have been more proud of a car salesman...
FIRST TIME.

N6ATF
07-17-2009, 11:08 PM
LOL, she was lame, and he didn't sound like a redneck at all, just playing to the "crowd" with the Christian nation thing. He could have easily just have said 90% of people believe in a God, and then any God should want us to defend ourselves.

I wonder what guns she supposedly had in her household. Just because her family didn't have an AK-47 pattern rifle doesn't mean they didn't have some other demonized guns. I suppose if all her family had were the flintlock pistols and muskets used in the American Revolution, then she could claim 2A superiority. But technology progresses, and to each his own.

hawk81
07-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Great guy and a very articulate speaker. Well done.

thatrogue
07-18-2009, 12:08 AM
I emailed him to say good job. There's room for improvement, but he did better than 95% of people our side have done in interviews with these scumbags.

SnipeShot
07-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Same car dealer different clips.

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-butler-gun-free-car-041709,0,4904680.story

SJgunguy24
07-18-2009, 1:02 AM
These idiots have no clue. I'd like to take all of them out and shoot some water jugs. First with an AK, then with a 7mm. I'll ask which is more "evil" and "dangerous". Just to see their faces would be priceless.

SnipeShot
07-18-2009, 1:18 AM
Why can you say rifle and no one blinks you say AK don't even have to add the numbers in and everyone freaks out. WHY???? I freak because I have loved since my dad brought a new one home in 89.

I was talking to him and he sad in the late 70's early 80's CA was the wiled West of guns is that true?

spyderco monkey
07-18-2009, 12:58 PM
My favorite part is when he makes that breezel admit her age on TV, I'm sure that one stung!