PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Gun Show-Glock 17 question

STP
07-17-2009, 12:40 PM
I need some Glock 17 magazines (10Rd) and possibly some ammo. I am wondering if I should spend the $ for the show, only to find these mags are as much as on the outside, and ammo is the same. Anyone have any opinion on this? What would you do? Just trying to figure out which way is less expensive? Thanks.

ajaffe
07-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Do not go to the Del Mar show expecting any good deals unless you are looking for beef jerky, swap meet style tools and toys, stuffed animals, cheap sunglasses, or nazi memorabilia. Prices will almost always be cheaper online.
Even the Miwall reloads are not a good deal to me. They might have them in stock, but you are paying almost the same as factory loaded new ammunition.

Quiet
07-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Most CA gun shows will have more beef jerky, jewelry, airsoft, and nick-nack vendors then vendors selling firearms, firearm parts/accessories and ammo.

Greg-Dawg
07-17-2009, 12:49 PM
I've actually found Glock mags cheaper at shows compared to local shops.

ajaffe
07-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Local shops maybe, but online no way. Everywhere I look locally has magazines for around 35 dollars, the internets has them for around 25 dollars.

STP
07-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I agree, online they are about $25, plus shipping. So with the ticket to get in being $11, that kinda kills it unless someone was selling bulk packs for a deal or something.....otherwise, I heard about the jerky and toys. I may just go elsewhere and not waste $ and time at the gun show. Thanks for your insight.

Grakken
07-17-2009, 1:02 PM
Will not buy reloads of anykind. Learned my lesson when i bought some miwall at the show a few years back.

With that being said, what does the decent to good ammo look like in terms of pricing?

AlliedArmory
07-17-2009, 1:17 PM
i don't know if it is too late for the Bass Pro Shops 9mm deal. check the Commercial Sales & Good Deals forums

If you are interested, we sell G17 Mags for $29.95 -5% Calguns coupon & Free Shipping On Orders over $99 + Rewards Points. Plenty in stock

http://www.alliedarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_78_83&products_id=265

rumblebee
07-17-2009, 5:18 PM
True...last Del Mar gun show weekend, I walked in my local gun store to find it packed! Guy behind counter said, it's always like this due to the fact people go to the show and can't find "deals" or product period.

I like beef jerkey though ;)

Do not go to the Del Mar show expecting any good deals unless you are looking for beef jerky, swap meet style tools and toys, stuffed animals, cheap sunglasses, or nazi memorabilia. Prices will almost always be cheaper online.
Even the Miwall reloads are not a good deal to me. They might have them in stock, but you are paying almost the same as factory loaded new ammunition.

STP
07-17-2009, 5:31 PM
Here is what I found. Online the best price was about $23, but they were sold out. Most didn't even have any 10 round mags, only 17 and up. The place who had them wanted $26, plus $7.50 to ship.....Discount Gun Mart by me had one for $35, so I said screw it. Instant gratification, supported a local shop, and it's done. Now finding ammo here in San Diego is a whole different story. $50 rounds of the white box Remmingtons, $22 bucks. OUCH. It's that or Wolf for $13.99, grab your ankles.

snobord99
07-17-2009, 5:34 PM

I don't know about that. I went up to the Ontario show in May, bought some of the best beef jerky I've had in a long time and came home to find that the guy sold it for half the price shipped online. That was some damn good jerky though. I just won't be buying at the show anymore.

I say go just for the hell of it. If you find what you want at a price you're willing to pay, great! If you don't, hell, you got to go to a gun show.

ajaffe
07-17-2009, 6:47 PM
I don't know about that. I went up to the Ontario show in May, bought some of the best beef jerky I've had in a long time and came home to find that the guy sold it for half the price shipped online. That was some damn good jerky though. I just won't be buying at the show anymore.

I say go just for the hell of it. If you find what you want at a price you're willing to pay, great! If you don't, hell, you got to go to a gun show.

Ehhh I said unless you were looking for good deals on that stuff. It is kind of funny to me that people still cling to gun shows here when they are not really gun shows. It tears me up when I hear about other states and their multiple pavilions stocked with all kinds of manufacturer representation and true good deals.