PDA

View Full Version : Buy a truck and get an AK-47 - Life is good in Kansas City!

shirow
07-17-2009, 10:00 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/in-kansas-city-buy-a-car-get-an-ak-47-2009-7

Kansas City Car Dealer Offers An AK-47 With Each New Truck Purchase
Erin Geiger Smith|Jul. 16, 2009, 9:20 AM|comment30

Max Motors, a Missouri, car dealer, is offering a voucher for a free AK-47 for every pick-up truck bought in August.

Auto sales have been absolutely clobbered--down 28% year over year--so the government, dealers, and auto makers are coming up with all sorts of inventive ways to attract business.

Mark Muller, owner of Max Motors, said the program builds on an earlier offer where customers had a choice between a $250 gas voucher or a gun voucher of the same value. An AK-47 can cost twice as much. Muller calls the initial deal an overwhelming success. He also says it generates a lot of publicity and really angers "liberals."

Worry not "liberals," Muller cannot just send a driver off the lot with an AK-47 in the passenger seat. State law requires potential gunowners to obtain a license before carrying a concealed weapon on their person, though a license may not be necessary for a gun kept in the glove compartment. Firearm purchasers must pass a federal background check. As an aside, requests for permits are already way up in the Kansas City area, according to The Kansas City Star. So, some customers can drive straight from Max Motors to the local gun dealer.

Max Motors also offers more family-friendly promotions. Last Saturday, four used cars were sold for $5 each. The cars--including an 2001 Mustang and a 1998 Jeep Cherokee--went fast, and brought hundreds of customers to the lot. Max Motors sells several brands including Chevrolet, Ford and Pontiac.

This deal beats the snot out of wimpier offers on the market. The government's cash for clunkers? Please, what can be shot with a new car? Suzuki's offer of free gas for the summer? With an AK-47, we think we can get free gas somehow. Hyundai's offer to refund a car purchase if you lose your job? Okay, that one is tough to beat, unemployment in Missouri is 9%. Maybe the AK-47 deal is better for those with secured employment.

Face it, there's nothing better than breathing in the new car smell, mixed with the smokey scent of an AK-47 after it's fired off a full magazine of bullets.

SanSacto
07-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Same deal here.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=203904

shirow
07-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Oops ignore. I swear I did a search! :)

TaxAnnihilator
07-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I saw this just moments ago, but what really makes me hate the media is headlines like "Buy a pick-up truck, get a free machine gun." Found on this site (http://www.eta.co.uk/2009/07/16/buy-pick-truck-get-free-machine-gun). Obviously boycotting a UK site will have little impact, but I encourage everyone to write to the sponsors of media outlets that BLATANTLY DISTORT AND LIE!

The video of this story on CNN offers a reasonable argument by the proprietor regarding this promotion - i.e. He keeps a cool head and doesn't let himself be painted as a gun nut.

PJA
07-17-2009, 1:16 PM
"Everything's up to date in Kansas City".
Pete

bplvr
07-17-2009, 1:25 PM
those trucks must have a really big glove compartment.