PDA

View Full Version : Is an attached cylinder a removal magazine? Q about Mateba Carbines.

Bobula
07-17-2009, 5:18 AM
I've got enough money saved and finally found a gun I've ALWAYS wanted. A Mateba revolver! I know the standard revolver isn't on the safe roster, but I found a Carbine version for sale 18" barrel in 454. Obviously has a pistol grip, but is not the collapsible stock version. The cylinder just pops out, staying attached to the firearm. Is that considered non removable?

Pics for reference
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/bobulaondeck/mateba-1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/bobulaondeck/mateba-3.jpg

C.Strong
07-17-2009, 6:12 AM
With out a tool that the cylinder will stay attached to the firearm right?

Bobula
07-17-2009, 6:14 AM
With out a tool that the cylinder will stay attached to the firearm right?

Yes, common revolver style with the ejector rod to empty rounds.

1JimMarch
07-17-2009, 7:24 AM
Looks like a splendid emergency fire starter. Too bad you're going to use your off-hand jacket sleeve as kindling. Do you have any idea how much "side blast" you're going to get in 454?!

That thing is insane, as is whoever made it.

Bobula
07-17-2009, 7:39 AM
Looks like a splendid emergency fire starter. Too bad you're going to use your off-hand jacket sleeve as kindling. Do you have any idea how much "side blast" you're going to get in 454?!

That thing is insane, as is whoever made it.

Crazy Russians (I think). I'm more concerned about it's legality then what'd it do to someones off hand forearm

Fjold
07-17-2009, 7:49 AM
Should be fine. Didn't Barret (?) have a drop down, swing out magazine option on a rifle?

1JimMarch
07-17-2009, 9:20 AM
Crazy Italians in this case. This is more mechanically bonkers than the Desmodromic valve system Ducati uses...

Davidoff
07-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't think it is considered a semi-automatic rifle, therefore you can have evil features including the pistol grip and a removable mag. (which the cylinder doesn't seem to be anyway) I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

detcord
07-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Ive wanted a mateba since i watched trigun, legality of cutting all the **** off it and making it a pistol?

bwiese
07-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Ive wanted a mateba since i watched trigun, legality of cutting all the **** off it and making it a pistol?

Don't make a rifle into a pistol. Big no-no, state AND federal.

I don't see legal issues with a Mateba handgun or rifle (other than lack of Rostered status for the handgun).

aplinker
07-17-2009, 12:13 PM
GTG

Not a detachable mag.

I'd be worried about side blast, too.