PDA

View Full Version : Receiving mail after DROS

1990GT
07-16-2009, 3:30 PM
I just bought my first rifle. I filled out the forms at the shop and am waiting my 10 days. My question is do you get any sort of letter from any government agency regarding registration? The lady of the isn't exactly in favor of my purchase. Thanks.

ke6guj
07-16-2009, 3:35 PM
nope. No paperwork is mailed to you.

polygunner
07-16-2009, 3:37 PM
No, long guns are not registered.
If you don't pass the background check you may get a call from the dealer or they might tell you when you show up to pick up the rifle.
If you pass there is no notification. Just pick up your gun and be on your way.
You're sneaky.
pg

Turbinator
07-16-2009, 5:56 PM
I just bought my first rifle. I filled out the forms at the shop and am waiting my 10 days. My question is do you get any sort of letter from any government agency regarding registration? The lady of the isn't exactly in favor of my purchase. Thanks.

Oooh. :) Good luck. Better to be honest than to be sneaky, but then we all gotta live our own lives the way we see fit.

Turby

bohoki
07-16-2009, 8:06 PM
when buying a gun no news is good news from garry gnus

Ishoot
07-16-2009, 8:30 PM
Congratulations on your first rifle, you might as well tell her since she's bound to find out after you buy your sixth one. :)

daves100
07-16-2009, 11:56 PM
The lady of the isn't exactly in favor of my purchase. Thanks.

When you pick up the gun leave it in your car until she goes to bed

then move it from car into your garage.

when wife is gone move from garage into your safe.

( worked for me every time until we moved and she saw all the guns. she went off. never heard the end of it ) Also she now works from home so the UPS package have stopped also. :mad:

Amacias805
07-17-2009, 12:13 AM

( worked for me every time until we moved and she saw all the guns. she went off. never heard the end of it ) Also she now works from home so the UPS package have stopped also. :mad:

wow. that sounds brutal. i could only imagine!

lewdogg21
07-22-2009, 3:18 PM
Welcome. Build a trap door wall in your garage to hide your guns from thieves and your wife! It's a double win!

snypz
07-22-2009, 4:37 PM
how r u going to hide that thing?

CSACANNONEER
07-22-2009, 4:43 PM

That only works for a while. I'm still trying to figure out a way to get another safe into the house without her noticing it.

my78fxe
07-22-2009, 4:45 PM
I told my wife that its the same one only it has different different tops for it
AR 15 and 10 and she's cool with that :innocent: