PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wesson Pistol Pac

D1911
07-16-2009, 8:54 AM
Found this at River City a few weeks ago. It's a 15-2VH with all the original paperwork, goodies that came with the Pac and a spare set of Pachmayrs to boot. I owned a DW with two barrels years ago and forgot how cool these guns actually were. Although the case shows some wear, the gun and barrels look very lightly used. Neat set-up....

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q68/d1911/DanWesson002.jpg

scootergmc
07-16-2009, 9:02 AM
Sorry if I left my prints on it. :D I took a peek at it when it was still in its secret hiding location (before you purchased of course). It is quite nice.

El Gato
07-16-2009, 9:08 AM
Speaking as a former DW revolver smith/warranty guy... I am completely jealous... nice gun...set.... they have great bluing and the action will slick up really nicely with wear... sweet...:cool2:

dfletcher
07-16-2009, 9:09 AM
I sold one of my older (Monson, MA) sets - exactly what you have - a few years ago for $1,200.00. It got snatched up in about 2 days, so I probably underpriced the thing.

I never could decide which grip I liked best, the big target type or the rounded combat one. Finally settled on target for 6" & 8' bbl, combat for the shorter two. I usually kept the 8" bbl on it as that was the one I used most often. I did get a non-ribbed 8" shroud, balance is much better I think. DW also made squared off plain black front sights, I used them on the 8 & 6 also. Gives I think a much better sight picture than the ramped insert.

The 8" DW was more accurate than my Python, OM Match and a bunch of Smith 38/357s - looks like you got the the bestest of their best.

evidens83
07-16-2009, 9:12 AM
Now that looks like a sweet setup!

JTROKS
07-16-2009, 9:53 AM
That is super nice! With the barrels and the condition the package is in you have one superb collection. Mind telling us how much? Are you going to shoot it or admire it? :)

SCMA-1
07-16-2009, 10:00 AM
I am SSSSSOOOOOOO jealous. Always wanted one of these sets back in the day but never had enough money.:o What did you end up paying for it?

SCMA-1

Legasat
07-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Very very nice!!!!

D1911
07-16-2009, 2:31 PM
That is super nice! With the barrels and the condition the package is in you have one superb collection. Mind telling us how much? Are you going to shoot it or admire it? :)

Got it for $599 plus fees. Think I did well considering what I've seen on Gunbroker. This set-up will be shot!

maxicon
07-17-2009, 1:44 PM
Yeah, that's a great price. Back when ebay allowed barrel sales, parting the kit out and keeping the gun with one barrel would have made you more than that. Of course, back when revolvers were out of fashion, you could pick up the Pistol Pacs for around $300-400. Should'a bought a stack of them...

I have the exact same set, but with different grips, and the patch and sight inserts are missing (assuming they was there once - the kit contents changed a lot over time).

Mine's a Monson set, and the SN is 1770XX - how close is that to yours?

http://maxicon.com/guns/pics/Dan_Wesson_15-2-2a.jpg

Ninja45
07-17-2009, 3:43 PM
I'll offer you $750 for it! ;-)

Nice!!!!!

dfletcher
07-17-2009, 3:48 PM
Got it for $599 plus fees. Think I did well considering what I've seen on Gunbroker. This set-up will be shot!

I have one thing to say, you've just confessed .....

"Take your hands out of your pockets - turn and face the wall & put your hands behind your back"

Schlamoo
07-17-2009, 6:02 PM

$599!!!! WOW, Ya you stole it. Thats fantastic! Enjoy your new blaster......

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
07-17-2009, 6:23 PM
Found this at River City a few weeks ago. It's a 15-2VH with all the original paperwork, goodies that came with the Pac and a spare set of Pachmayrs to boot. I owned a DW with two barrels years ago and forgot how cool these guns actually were. Although the case shows some wear, the gun and barrels look very lightly used. Neat set-up....

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q68/d1911/DanWesson002.jpg

Nice set, Dan Wessons are hard to beat, mine is the most accurate handgun I have, I have the Hunter Pack.

Thanks for the look see

Regards

tEN wOLVES :)

D1911
07-17-2009, 7:37 PM
Yeah, that's a great price. Back when ebay allowed barrel sales, parting the kit out and keeping the gun with one barrel would have made you more than that. Of course, back when revolvers were out of fashion, you could pick up the Pistol Pacs for around $300-400. Should'a bought a stack of them...

I have the exact same set, but with different grips, and the patch and sight inserts are missing (assuming they was there once - the kit contents changed a lot over time).

Mine's a Monson set, and the SN is 1770XX - how close is that to yours?

http://maxicon.com/guns/pics/Dan_Wesson_15-2-2a.jpg

Nice! Mine too is a Monson gun, s/n 1903XX. Just curious, did they change locations somewhere along the way? If so, did the move affect quality?

Saigon1965
07-17-2009, 7:52 PM
D - You stole that beautiful kit - Congrats -

SCMA-1
07-17-2009, 8:50 PM

Good grief; you made off like a BANDIT!:eek:

Z ME FLY
07-18-2009, 2:00 PM
Nice! Mine too is a Monson gun, s/n 1903XX. Just curious, did they change locations somewhere along the way? If so, did the move affect quality?

They changed locations I believe 2 times making 3 different locations. Monson guns I believe are the ones most people like. I remember doing some research about one I was going to pick up at CVGS but was too late.

Rudolf the Red
07-18-2009, 2:56 PM
Stop thief!

(nice buy. I would have bought it immediately.)

JayDeeSacramento
07-18-2009, 8:40 PM
Great find. I got a well used blued DW Model 15 for $300 last summer. It included a six inch, four inch and nickel (which I blued) two inch barrel and shrouds. It's my first .357 and with the four inch or six inch barrel along with Hogue grips it eats recoil like crazy. Truly a joy to shoot and I've found it to be much more accurate than I am. I'm actually taking it out tomorrow to Yolo Sporstmen's for some practice before pig hunting.

BamBam-31
07-18-2009, 11:33 PM
How hard is it to swap barrels? (Please don't say you just screw them in and out. I couldn't afford an answer like that...:()

scootergmc
07-19-2009, 1:21 AM
Easy. Use wrench, remove barrel. Insert new barrel and use feeler gauge. Done. Takes less than a minute.

Khram
07-19-2009, 4:17 PM
I still find DW revolvers in CA at less than $400 with one barrel from time to time. General gun buying public still seems ignorant of these guns sometimes which leads to bargains for me.