PDA

View Full Version : Skorpion Receiver Availability...

5hundo
07-15-2009, 9:21 PM
A friend of mine is moving out of state and he's got a whole parts set from a Skorpion in 9mm... (vz61, I guess that would be... :confused: )

I guess he had it here but got nervous and sold the receiver out of state a long time ago, but kept the rest of the parts.

I have to confess a little ignorance about these guns but he'll basically give me the parts. Can I find an off-list receiver for a Skorpion? Will I have to DROS that as a pistol, or rifle?

Is there some kind of 80% option that I might be able to work with?

I searched and didn't find anything...

Thanks for your help

GoodEyeSniper
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Hrm, didn't know of the 9mm skorpions, I'd love to get my hands on one. The original design was chambered in .32 right?

Sorry can't help with your legal questions.

StoneRoots
07-15-2009, 10:22 PM
I got a pre-ban skorpion. Fun little piece...

Hayashi Killian
07-15-2009, 10:34 PM
If you can get it DROS'd as a pistol, you'd be fine. I don't think you could get it made as a rifle.

Skorpion is chambered in .32. There are also a few versions chambered in 9mm Makarov and some chambered in .380 ACP.

fal_762x51
07-16-2009, 12:04 AM
If it's chambered in the 9mm, it's the vz68 model. If I recall, the 9mm had a beefier receiver so I don't think that the vz61 receiver will fit the vz68 model.

5hundo
07-16-2009, 7:04 AM
It's a 9mm but I'll double check that it's not a 9mm Mak.

If it is a VZ68, is it harder to find receivers for?

Frijolito1988
07-16-2009, 7:13 AM
A friend of mine is moving out of state and he's got a whole parts set from a Skorpion in 9mm... (vz61, I guess that would be... :confused: )

I guess he had it here but got nervous and sold the receiver out of state a long time ago, but kept the rest of the parts.

I have to confess a little ignorance about these guns but he'll basically give me the parts. Can I find an off-list receiver for a Skorpion? Will I have to DROS that as a pistol, or rifle?

Is there some kind of 80% option that I might be able to work with?

I searched and didn't find anything...

Thanks for your help

I belive they are milled receivers, hense pretty hard to build unless you have the specific tooling, and that , the receivers are pobably alot of money $400+ , plus tools and parts.

I have though about

Buying a VZ61 from Czech point, buying the model with the threaded barrel . Send it to a friend in a free state. Have the friend

Put a muzzle device on the threaded barrel to make it reach 6.5""+ inches , have him dissasemble or slightly jb weld the magazine lock, and make a bob sled and have him ship it in as a single shot exempt pistol. Hoping that the overall lenght will be 10.5''

fal_762x51
07-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Does he have the magazines still? Curved are the vz61 (.32acp) and straight can be either the 9mm, 9x18, or .380. The only imported 9mm is the vz68 or the sa361 (this should be the semi model). I don't know about finding the receiver, I just remember them having a beefier receiver/frame.

CzechPoint
11-09-2009, 4:29 PM
I highly doubt that the Skorpion parts kit is anything but 7.65br/.32acp. I can assure you that it is not 9mm Luger (9x19). We work with one of the largest arms exporters in the Czech Republic and they cannot find a single 9mm Luger Skorpion. The only 9mm Skorpion that was produced in any quantity (supposedly) was in Yugoslavia. CZ UB has displayed a 9mm Luger Skorpion, but they are not in production. Although they would probably produce it for a large purchase order.

The only other Skorpion produced in any quantity was in .380 (semi auto for civilian sales). I know this Skorpion caliber was sold in the Czech Republic and in Canada (maybe other countries too, but I have no confirmation). All other Skorpion calibers were never made in any quantity.

These other Skorpion calibers seem to be as real as "Bigfoot." There's always heresay that they exist, but we've never seen them ourselves. I know a few different caliber Skorpions were made as prototypes, but none made it to serial production (except 7.65br and .380). If by some chance you have a caliber other than .32acp or .380, please contact me.

Thanks,

B Strong
11-09-2009, 5:02 PM
I highly doubt that the Skorpion parts kit is anything but 7.65br/.32acp. I can assure you that it is not 9mm Luger (9x19). We work with one of the largest arms exporters in the Czech Republic and they cannot find a single 9mm Luger Skorpion. The only 9mm Skorpion that was produced in any quantity (supposedly) was in Yugoslavia. CZ UB has displayed a 9mm Luger Skorpion, but they are not in production. Although they would probably produce it for a large purchase order.

The only other Skorpion produced in any quantity was in .380 (semi auto for civilian sales). I know this Skorpion caliber was sold in the Czech Republic and in Canada (maybe other countries too, but I have no confirmation). All other Skorpion calibers were never made in any quantity.

These other Skorpion calibers seem to be as real as "Bigfoot." There's always heresay that they exist, but we've never seen them ourselves. I know a few different caliber Skorpions were made as prototypes, but none made it to serial production (except 7.65br and .380). If by some chance you have a caliber other than .32acp or .380, please contact me.

Thanks,

I don't own one, but I've examined a Skorpion that was in 9x19, used Sten mags. The reciever was US made iirc, and it's the only one of it's type I've ever run across. Price was 900-1000ish, again, iirc.

CzechPoint
11-09-2009, 7:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm referring to original Skorpions, or semi auto versions using original parts. There have been some knock-offs like the one pictured below, but I'm referring to the originals.

Thanks,

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/146263000/146263989/pix107107312.jpg

B Strong
11-10-2009, 4:57 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm referring to original Skorpions, or semi auto versions using original parts. There have been some knock-offs like the one pictured below, but I'm referring to the originals.

Thanks,

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/146263000/146263989/pix107107312.jpg

Ah so, your pic looks very similar.

You're correct on original issue, I've only run into .32 ACP versions.

Neat piece.

5hundo
11-10-2009, 8:28 AM
I managed to talk my friend out of buying it...

It seemed like more trouble than it was worth...