PDA

View Full Version : Sac, CA radio- Very PRO firearms clip, good listen.

tbhracing
07-15-2009, 9:13 PM
This is a very good radio clip from the Rob, Arnie and Dawn show from this morning in Sacramento, CA. Yes, they bag on CA guns laws in the first 4 minutes (have fun), but then the session moves on to the national level and addresses Washington DC.

If you like it as I do, you can right-click-save. Some very good PRO firearms talk. And yes, Rob does call a magazine a "clip", but he presents an awesome argument.

Click here- The Great Gun Debate (http://www.robarnieanddawn.com/newsite/audiofiles/07.15.09%20The%20Great%20Gun%20Law%20Debate.mp3)

http://www.robarnieanddawn.com/newsite/images/header2.png

N6ATF
07-15-2009, 9:23 PM
Thanks for this, adding it to my guns on the radio queue.

bulgron
07-15-2009, 9:27 PM
I'm listening to it, but they're driving me crazy. They get point after point wrong. The overall tone and message is right-on. But they're getting a lot of points flat-out wrong.

They start off by saying that you have to take a firearms safety class in CA in order to buy a gun. Wrong. You have to take a test, not take a class.

It just goes downhill from there.

N6ATF
07-15-2009, 9:43 PM
That's part of the design of all the gun laws in CA and federally; that they be damn near impossible to be in 100% knowing compliance with at all times.

ETA: Just finished. Seems to be following the 2 guys and a gal radio format. The last line was funny too.

tbhracing
07-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm listening to it, but they're driving me crazy. They get point after point wrong. The overall tone and message is right-on. But they're getting a lot of points flat-out wrong.

They start off by saying that you have to take a firearms safety class in CA in order to buy a gun. Wrong. You have to take a test, not take a class.

It just goes downhill from there.

You and I both know this. Rob is not an expert on everything, but for a multi-subject show, he is a very smart person. You can email them if you want and most likely will get your letter on the air.

Their email addy is in the picture.

HondaMasterTech
07-15-2009, 11:07 PM
I did not hear a single correct fact of law besides statements about the second amendment by rob. Even the callers were all wrong. I dont know it all but they know even less. However, they do clearly understand the meaning of "rights". minus Dawn..

bigtoe416
07-15-2009, 11:07 PM

+1 to that. I can't stand people who insist they are right when they don't know what they are talking about. Even more so when you are broadcasting to thousands of people. I couldn't listen to more than two minutes of it.

Stan_Humphries
07-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Great, some jackass making stuff up on the radio...

"Handguns, rifles, shotguns... all of it is registered in California"

nobody_special
07-16-2009, 8:36 AM
Aside from the infuriatingly incorrect details, the guy kept missing the mark in his rebuttals to the woman's arguments.

For example... she raised an objection based on the good of the community. The obvious response is simply this: the state (or nation) is a community, and the government makes the rules for that community by passing laws. If any rules are permissible for the good of the community, then we have no guarantee of freedom whatsoever, and there is nothing to prevent this country from becoming like North Korea.

It's not enough to shout "it's a right" and insult the anti's intelligence.

Merc1138
07-16-2009, 8:47 AM
Ok, so they support the 2nd ammendment, but when the first female caller said she purchased a gun in california they told her she committed a felony, would have to go to an FFL, and they'd take it away for 7 days while she took a training class? That's when I turned it off.

SirNik
07-16-2009, 8:53 AM
I use to listen to Rob Arnie and Dawn on my way to work every day, now I listen to the oldies station, they play music. I haven't listened to the show in question but after listening to then for the past 4 years I can only imagine. Rob is not right about most things, but out of the 3 of them he is the most correct. Sadly most my generation (the 20s crowed) is getting there information from these guys, in conjunction with Steven Colbert and Jon Stewart.... God help us.

When showing my guns to friends who have no concept of gun laws I regularly get the question "so, you have a gun license" I use to explain to them that it was a right... now I just say yes, If they ask to see it I show them my hunting license. most of them cant fathom why the government would let people own a gun if they didn't have some kind of license.

This is the world we live in, a world where most people are raised and conditioned to be sheep... Again, God help us.

cactus
07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Obviously hes not an expert but, his statement about fundamental rites id say is on point. You have a rite to bear arms guaranteed in the constitution. What scares me and has for years is people like Dawn who think they have a rite to know why I need a gun or ammo and should pass laws to infringe on my given rite. Regardless A pro second amendment view point expressed on one of the most listened to morning radio programs in Sacramento is always appreciated.

45R
07-16-2009, 4:36 PM
I can't listen to them. They make my ears bleed.

thebronze
07-16-2009, 8:28 PM
Obviously hes not an expert but, his statement about fundamental rites id say is on point. You have a rite to bear arms guaranteed in the constitution. What scares me and has for years is people like Dawn who think they have a rite to know why I need a gun or ammo and should pass laws to infringe on my given rite. Regardless A pro second amendment view point expressed on one of the most listened to morning radio programs in Sacramento is always appreciated.

Rite on!

thatrogue
07-17-2009, 3:54 PM
I appreciate the pro gun attitude, but the FUD is ridiculous, plus these guys suck @ talk radio really really badly...

If this is the best "pro 2nd" media attention we can hope for outside of the AM dial we're in bad shape boys

cactus
07-17-2009, 7:35 PM
I disagree with 80% or so of what they say on there show and do not listen to them. I listen to UPR myself.