PDA

View Full Version : How to prove intrafamily?

KegCommando
07-15-2009, 9:06 PM
Looking to do an intrafamily gift handgun from out of state.

The issue I'm worried about is the receiver is a married female with a different married name than the sending parent.

I mean even with something like a marriage certificate, how does one prove the family relationship?

Fjold
07-15-2009, 9:32 PM
I just put "Daughter" and her name on the form, I don't care how the DOJ proves it. If they have a problem they can come ask.

As long as it's your Mother or daughter, you have nothing to worry about.

Turo
07-15-2009, 9:36 PM
I believe on an intrafamilial handgun transfer, both the giver and the recipient need to be CA residents. So it wouldn't really matter how you're related.

ke6guj
07-15-2009, 9:43 PM
the intrafamily exemption does not specify that both parties be CA residents. In fact, CADOJ has told callers that wanted to do an interstate intrafamily transfer that all they had to do was fill out the form and send it in, without mentioning that federal law required the transfer to go through an FFL.

KegCommando
07-15-2009, 9:44 PM
Thanks.

Ok, so you don't need to bring anything special to the FFL; the DOJ will check it during the 10-day?

Turo
07-15-2009, 9:48 PM
the intrafamily exemption does not specify that both parties be CA residents. In fact, CADOJ has told callers that wanted to do an interstate intrafamily transfer that all they had to do was fill out the form and send it in, without mentioning that federal law required the transfer to go through an FFL.

oh, my bad, sorry 'bout the FUD.

To add to the thread, on my transfer I just put "Father." They do background checks to see how you're related, I'm sure. And besides, they know that women change their names when they get married. I wouldn't worry about it, if they want proof, they'll ask for it.