PDA

View Full Version : Shoots, Tannerite and other destructive fun

Kestryll
03-29-2005, 1:56 PM
Since we seem to have quite a few shoots posted every week and since shooting things that go BOOM just makes it funner I wanted to post a warning and disclaimer. Sorry if this sounds weaselly but in his day and age you can't be too careful.

Any shoots organized by members through the Calguns website are the sole responsibility of those members. Calguns assumes no liability nor responsibility for the actions taken at these events nor for the equipment or target material used at these events.

And for the warning, no matter how well organized an event is you alone are responsible or your own safety. Never rely on another's diligence to keep you safe.

And the last warning. If you hold a shoot with big booming targets and do not post pictures we will come to your house with spakle, duct tape, 5lbs. of liverwurst and a radish...... you know what it's for.....

Krusher
06-22-2005, 6:22 PM
Anyone know what the BLM's Take on Tannerite is?
Allowed? Banned?. im talking open brown desert, few scrub bushes thats about it not forrest BLM land.

Also with a average Load of tannerite what is the distance the boom can be heard?

bwiese
08-07-2005, 6:06 PM
I would be very concerned about California's legal attitude toward Tannerite after components are mixed.

Tanner(ite) is in Oregon, and I would not trust his interpretation of CA law. I'd really want to know more before I possessed it, mixed or unmixed.

Bill W.
San Jose

stillbigmac
08-16-2005, 4:26 PM
I tell you guys what I'll do..

I will call up a DOJ guy that really does know a little about the enforcment of the law and ask him about tannerite.

I would love to shoot some out in panoche hills. It couldn't cause a fire, it puts fires out buy using up to O2. You almost need to put it inside of a bag of flour to get a good flash.

Colonel Klink
09-22-2005, 4:19 PM
The guy who runs the Mustang Range loves tannerite and uses a lot at the Machine Gun Shoot. The next one is Oct 7, 8 & 9, 2005. Last shoot he had about forty cases of the stuff. For more informatiion go to http://www.mustangrange.com