PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody looked into this Bodygaurd B.S?

kalguns
07-15-2009, 2:05 PM
Here is the link to the site.

http://www.becomeabodyguard.com/frequentquestions.html

They claim:
Q: Can I carry a gun once I receive my license?
A: CCW (Carrying Concealed Weapons) is now legal in many States, but Obama is going after them with a proposed national no carry law. Requirements differ from State to State. The answer depends both on your own State and the program you take. If you become a CCW instructor, YES, you can carry concealed with your own CCW, obtained during licensure, and YES, bodyguards/ executive protection are planned to be an exception to the national no carry law along with retired LE in Obama's plan. In fact, bodyguard/ protection consultant might be the ONLY ccw exception if you are not LE!

bodger
07-15-2009, 2:18 PM
I see these ads now and again.
I wasn't aware that there was a proposed national no-carry law. Anyone have a link to info on that?

AHRIMAN
07-15-2009, 2:23 PM
This looks fun, is it bogus?

paul0660
07-15-2009, 2:30 PM
It is almost too cheap to be bogus. Nice overview of the Socratic method if you dive into the website however.

I googled Phoenix State U and found they also offer a Certified Gunsmith course for $99, in 4 weeks............if I see that diploma on a gunsmith's wall, I will go somewhere else.

woodsman
07-15-2009, 2:33 PM
I searched yahoo and google but no mention of the "national no carry law ".

AHRIMAN
07-15-2009, 2:36 PM
I'm mainly interested in the CCW aspect of it, sounds like a legitimate way to get at least some amount of knowledge on the subject and a CCW to boot would make it worth a lot more IMO. Can anybody confirm the CCW part? If it's true I'll start that thing today!

Para45
07-15-2009, 2:42 PM
:fud:

Fjold
07-15-2009, 2:49 PM
:fud:

+1 Typical scare mongering. What does it say as to the morals of the business owners if he has to lie in his advertisements to sell his product? How could you trust anything that they teach you?

bulgron
07-15-2009, 2:49 PM
Obama has been on record in the past as opposing CCW. I can't remember, but there might even have been a suggestion that he'd like to see CCW banned nationwide.

However, even if he does want that, it'll never happen. The political cost to the Republicans and the Blue Dog Democrats will make sure a law like that will never get out of committee. And even if it did somehow get passed into law, I can't imagine it would pass judicial review. And even if it did somehow pass judicial review, I can't imagine all the anti gun nuts out there are going to be happy when everyone who habitually carries now suddenly starts walking around with a firearm openly displayed on their hip.

As has been pointed out on this website multiple times, SOME form of public carry of firearms is a protected right. We just haven't gotten the courts to define that right is all.

Untamed1972
07-15-2009, 3:34 PM
Yes.....the national no carry law will go into effect right after matrial law is declared and the door to door gun confiscation and resulting civil war begin.

What's that line about "from my cold dead hands?" :eek:

It would also seem redundant to say you could get a license to carry a gun to protect someone else, but not get one to protect yourself wouldn't it? If no one is allowed to carry.....then why would someone need a body guard? We'd be living in a 100% safe society right?

dustoff31
07-15-2009, 3:36 PM
Here is the link to the site.

http://www.becomeabodyguard.com/frequentquestions.html

They claim:
Q: Can I carry a gun once I receive my license?
A: CCW (Carrying Concealed Weapons) is now legal in many States, but Obama is going after them with a proposed national no carry law. Requirements differ from State to State. The answer depends both on your own State and the program you take. If you become a CCW instructor, YES, you can carry concealed with your own CCW, obtained during licensure, and YES, bodyguards/ executive protection are planned to be an exception to the national no carry law along with retired LE in Obama's plan. In fact, bodyguard/ protection consultant might be the ONLY ccw exception if you are not LE!

What horsecrap.

PSU are known liars. They are not in Phoenix, nor are they a state university.

If you look at their advertising, you must enroll in their classes today because whatever subject you are looking at is going to be banned tomorrow, or PSU offers the only approved course.

For example, in selling the gunsmith course they were saying that BATFE would not issue an FFL as a gunsmith if you didn't have a gunsmithing diploma.

One of the FFL's in town ordered the Gunsmith course just for giggles. He got about 25 pages of stuff emailed to him. After completing a 20 question "exam" on line in the shop, he is now a " Master Gunsmith".

AHRIMAN
07-15-2009, 3:52 PM
I dont see thier programs as offering any real form of certification other than having one for whatever purpose it may be good for in order to further the cause, I would hope their intention is to provide average people with the certification they require to stick it to the man and not so much to produce "master gunsmiths".

eltee
07-15-2009, 4:05 PM
Diploma Mill?

dustoff31
07-15-2009, 4:22 PM
I dont see thier programs as offering any real form of certification other than having one for whatever purpose it may be good for in order to further the cause, I would hope their intention is to provide average people with the certification they require to stick it to the man and not so much to produce "master gunsmiths".

If their "certifications" actually counted for anything, that would be fine. But the only people they are sticking it to are their students.

For example, BATFE does not require any certifications to get an FFL as a gunsmith.

Neither CA, AZ, NV, or UT, or any other state that I know of accepts PSU training as acceptable for CCW instructors.

In the case of the OP, bodyguards are simply security guards, and must meet each states requirements for licenseing. I would doubt they issue the proper permits if one were to show them their "Bodyguard" diploma from the University of PO Box 2000.