PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to the Chico Gun Show?

Tunis
07-14-2009, 2:19 PM
Just as the title states...anyone? There is a show scheduled in August hosted by US Gun Traders and I'm planning on attending as a vendor. I've never been to this show, so I'm just wondering how the turn out is. If any of you Cal-Gunners from Chico or surrounding area plan on attending and need parts & accessories for your AR, stop by my table and mention CGN to receive a discount off your purchase! :thumbsup:

Flying Bones
07-14-2009, 2:51 PM
Last one I went to, last year I beleive...may have been the year before...was terrible for buyers. The good news is you won't have much competition in the EBR market.

VaderSpade
07-14-2009, 3:38 PM
I'll come by and check you guys out.

Blacktail 8541
07-14-2009, 3:41 PM
I worked the show in February and it was the busiest in memory. I sold 15 guns. Every one was very busy. Packed crowds to the very end.

Overkill
07-14-2009, 3:41 PM
There was one a few months back. It was swamped in comparison to previous years. There were a few vendors with AR supplies - they seemed quite busy.

Young Version
07-14-2009, 6:25 PM
I went to the one in February, and although the venue is fairly small, it was very busy.

JY25
07-14-2009, 6:44 PM
What is the date in August? I would definitley go. Im new to the AR build and would love to be able to buy some parts.

Flying Bones
07-14-2009, 7:37 PM
Yea...like I said. I know nothing.

Tunis
07-14-2009, 8:31 PM
This is great news! Hope to see some fellow Cal-Gunners there!

August 22-23, 2009 @ the Silver-Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico, CA

:thumbsup:

dlouie87
07-14-2009, 8:51 PM
I'll Go.... I'm going back there to finish up some units...so I'll come support.

Flying Bones
07-14-2009, 9:10 PM
This is great news! Hope to see some fellow Cal-Gunners there!

August 22-23, 2009 @ the Silver-Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico, CA

:thumbsup:

Need some help at your booth?

WhoDares
07-14-2009, 9:42 PM
If you're gonna be there with black rifle stuff....I am so there!:)

Tunis
07-14-2009, 11:03 PM
I'll Go.... I'm going back there to finish up some units...so I'll come support.

If you're gonna be there with black rifle stuff....I am so there!:)

I sell strictly AR parts & accessories! See ya'll there...

Need some help at your booth?

My wife helps me at the shows...but thanks for the offer!

Norccer
07-14-2009, 11:26 PM
If I can get 223 cheap I may drop by... Damn I dislike Chico though.

joemama
07-15-2009, 9:00 AM
The august one is the big one in chico. I forget when the the other one is but its held in the horseshoe shaped building and has always been really small and slim pickings. This one coming up is in the larger building next to the horseshoe one, if i had to pick between the two i'd hit the august one for sure.

BenjaminCA
07-15-2009, 9:08 AM
My father in-law and I will be there.

Gator Monroe
07-15-2009, 9:19 AM
Redding one is better but Big Reno is King for us in this area and Chico Oroville guys too !

Tunis
07-15-2009, 10:48 PM
for you AR folks attending the show...is there anything in particular you need? let me know and i'll try my best to have it on hand...

Tunis
07-25-2009, 6:04 AM
what's there to do/see up in Chico besides Sierra Nevada Brewing Co? we plan to arrive that Friday to set-up, then venture out to explore...

dlouie87
07-25-2009, 3:47 PM
when is this?

joemama
07-25-2009, 7:07 PM
what's there to do/see up in Chico besides Sierra Nevada Brewing Co? we plan to arrive that Friday to set-up, then venture out to explore...

Depends on what you want to do lol, if your up for hiking you should check out bidwell upper park. There are a lot of trails and a creek running through it. Down town is pretty fun too, lots of bars real close together and all kinds of shops. There is more to see outside of town though too. Butte meadows and Chester area are my favorites.

Norccer
07-25-2009, 7:07 PM
Yes, when is this? Also, I thought you were getting rid of your AR dlouie?

Tunis, probably Magpul MIAD for me and some how you should acquire a lot of 223 to sell to me for cheap cheap cheap. :)

Freagan
07-25-2009, 7:17 PM

Wednesday nights are buck night! All double wells drinks are only a dollar in half the bars in town :thumbsup:

but ya you really have to enjoy drinking to really dig chico though

Norccer
07-25-2009, 7:18 PM
Wednesday nights are buck night! All double wells drinks are only a dollar in half the bars in town :thumbsup:

but ya you really have to enjoy drinking to really dig chico though

:(
Maybe that is why I am bored every semester.

dlouie87
07-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Yes, when is this? Also, I thought you were getting rid of your AR dlouie?

Tunis, probably Magpul MIAD for me and some how you should acquire a lot of 223 to sell to me for cheap cheap cheap. :)

I'm not getting rid of my ARs....I just sold a couple lowers...

I'm still trying to finish my SPR and just started a ..22lr upper.

-Dan

jksupplyco
07-27-2009, 1:04 PM
Hit the Grad or the Bear for grub!

Tunis
07-28-2009, 10:33 PM
thanks for the tips guys!

chico gun show: aug 22-23

Northern Lights
07-28-2009, 10:52 PM

Tuesday night at Riley's is the REAL buck night. Duh!

BTW MetalDog: I'm looking for a 6-9 Harris bipod with a #5 adapter for my carbine length AR bring one if ya got it :)

Freagan
07-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Hit the Grad or the Bear for grub!

Oh ya i definitely recommend the Grad, but if you go to the Bear make sure to grab a burger, and it's a good idea to bring a cute girl with you and have her go up and order the drinks, they're cheaper that way ;)

Normal is a pretty fun bar too especially if you hit it on buck night on the way to other bars.

If you want a chill time and just shoot some pool, check out the Oasis; relaxed atmosphere and cheap drinks plus some good/cheap food!

Edit:
Tuesday night at Riley's is the REAL buck night. Duh!

Meh never really liked Riley's, I was never much of a frat guy

Northern Lights
07-29-2009, 9:14 AM
Meh never really liked Riley's, I was never much of a frat guy

lol, ya I hear ya. There are a LOT of broskies that go there...

Gregchico
07-29-2009, 12:04 PM
If memory serves me correctly, this one should be in the big square building, as the horse shoe one was held in Feb/March (I can not remember).

I personally like this show a little better, although it does get crowded quickly.

The Bear is fun (not as much since they had to comply with ADA though) also you could try the Seirra Nevada Brewing Company for a nice dinner out (but it is not cheap). Depending on when you get into town, you need, and I mean need to get a Nobby's Burger. I think they are on 14th street on the corner (1444 Park Ave, on the main drag to town, not too hard to miss), it is the best burger in the world.

I think you would sell a ton of the Magpul BUS and other Kalifornia lock items for both AR and AK. I also think 22lr conversions would go over well also as we do not have any gun shops locally that "stock" any of these type of items that I'm aware of.

If you do nothing else in Chico, get a burger at Nobby's and a drink of your choice at the Bear. I'm not a "drinker", so I would have difer to the others for the best alcohol spots are (even though I did graduate from Chico State).

Hozr
07-29-2009, 12:17 PM
I'll be at the Chico show thee 22nd 23rd. Just saw signs for a gun show at the gridley Fairgrounds this weekend Aug 1-2.

Code of the West

http://www.codeofthewestgunshows.com/gun_show_schedules.htm

Why isn't there a Gun Shows section on the forum? They tend to get scattered around all over the place.

dlouie87
07-29-2009, 12:49 PM
nobby burger is a must.

sampler at sierra nevada

and get a petty cad ride at night through downtown... haha

x2786
07-29-2009, 4:30 PM
Orient and Flume is a popular tourist attraction in Chico. You can watch them craft art glass stuff:

http://www.orientandflume.com/about/default.aspx

Tunis
08-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Reminder: Chico Gun Show - Aug 22-23, 2009! I hope to see some Cal-Gunners at the show!!! :thumbsup:

wboughton
08-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Anyone selling rifle stocks? Such as Mcmillan,HS Precision or B&C? Birthdays on the 22nd so it will be nice to spend some of my hard earned birthday cash :)

VaderSpade
08-08-2009, 8:10 AM
I'll be looking for a MMG since it seems they are never going to make another U-15.