PDA

View Full Version : Gunbroker seller that has a clue! plus edit

MP301
07-13-2009, 9:42 PM
Since we waste no time complaining when some of these out of state sellers refuse to sell to Ca, I thought it would be a great to report a Ca friendly seller. If any of you who have a free moment and want to send a nice note to this seller thanking him for his support, please do! Maybe cause he is from another state with issues (New York) he understands...He has some great stuff for sale too...

Seller XpressGuns A+(3759)

dhebert2@rochester.rr.com is his email.

my message

> --- begin message ---
>
> Do you ship to CA?
>
> --- end message ---

his response

Hell yea, I love CA

----- Original Message -----

After I posted this, I got a reply to my email thanking him...

"Hi Joe,

I spent allot of time in CA during the Viet Nam years, I don't forget where I came from! I appreciate you posting my info and you are correct, by not selling to CA we are doing exactly what those f**ks want us to do!

Thanks,

Dan

So come on folks, lets support this guy. Drop him an email and check out his auctions. Reward the good and punish the bad...

B.D.Dubloon
07-13-2009, 9:44 PM
NICE!

Jason762
07-13-2009, 10:01 PM
> --- begin message ---
>
> Do you ship to CA?
>
> --- end message ---

his response

Hell yea, I love CA

----- Original Message -----

(because we're willing to pay more!) :p

compsoftstation
07-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Laziness is usually the case with out of state sellers who refuse business from Kalifornians.

M198
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm thinking it has to be more difficult to buy a handgun in NY state then in Cali right? Maybe he has sympathy.

MP301
07-14-2009, 1:00 AM
(because we're willing to pay more!) :p

The handgun I was looking at was the same or less then I could buy locally. And we dont pay more for handguns that are on the roster and if its not on the roster, he cant send it anyway...

Besides, I think (although you would never know it by some of our laws), that CA is damn near 40-50% of the whole gun market...dont know how true that is, but I do know that the lazy, misinformed idiots that dont sell here are losing major market share in any case...

What it comes down to is that to sell guns in CA, an FFL has to register with CA DOJ. It doesnt cost anything, but folks in other states sometimes cant come to terms with it. F CA is the first response!

Sunwolf
07-14-2009, 6:52 AM
Lot`s of Eastern folk think that all of California is either San Francisco or Los Angeles!I get e-mails and phone calls all the time about "are you ok? Heard about the Earthquake,fires,disaster,etc.""Yeah I`m ok, that fire is 175 miles away or that Earthquakes is 300 miles away didn`t feel a thing""Look at a map I tell them ,this is a big State"!

MiguelS
07-14-2009, 6:58 AM
It would be nice if GB would have a flag for sellers. It would allow people know if they deal with all states or not. Such as a search flag. I sometimes look and DOH!; I would see the No Shipping to CA. You get excited about an auction and then you cannot even bid.

I am sure that will save time for the sellers who have to keep on emailing about their CA status.

Turbinator
07-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Very nice, thanks for sharing this info.

Turby

bsim
07-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Just like there are paranoid gun owners that don't want their name on a 'list', I'm sure there are FFL's that just don't want to be on California's 'list'.

I know it's easy, but I would guess to some of them it creates a liability trail back to them.

I know it's silly, but there could be other tin-foil reasons for out of state FFL's for not wanting to deal with us.

+1 for vendors that do though!

Rekrab
07-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I believe there's a vendor in Washington called www.EastCountyGuns.com that willing ships to California.

I haven't purchased anything from them yet, but a GB vendor willing to ship to us is always a +.

echang86
07-14-2009, 2:32 PM
MP301,

Really appreciate you sharing this with us. Thanks!!

leitung
07-14-2009, 4:20 PM
We actually are somewhat reasonable compared to states like NJ,NY, and a couple others. HI comes to mind as well.

HOWEVER, we are still not consitiutional, and our lawmakers always amaze me on how stupid and clueless they really are about 2A issues.