View Full Version : Federal ranges

07-12-2005, 8:51 AM
"Activists around the country are beginning to probe federal shooting ranges, seeking public access, if my inbound emails are any measure. This follows release of news from Bloomfield Press that federal law specifically allows such use (linked at end). So far, authorities have reportedly been resisting the public's interest in following the law, and that's putting it nicely."

OK -- this was posted on the "Keep and Bear Arms" net page. Does anyone know where these ranges would be in Northern Cali. I feel like a little activism!

07-12-2005, 4:12 PM

Time for a trip to FLETC (Fed. Law Enforcement Training Center) in Glynco, GA.

...bring in my AR15s, and ask a BATF guy to go downrange and change my targets http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bill Wiese
San Jose

07-12-2005, 6:15 PM
I used to host C-range at Edwards AFB, until the AF switched to using mostly frangible ammo to please envirowhackos. I've taken a couple of members here onto base to shoot. I have shot many a time at Fort Benning, GA. I look forward to being able to shoot at Fort Bragg and also making my way down to Benning occasionally again. IIRC, Fort Hunter Liggett also allows civvies to shoot at their ranges when they have scheduled allownaces for that. Benning and EAFB were almost always on 2 weekend days a month....and it was always a real good time as well. A couple of times we used D-range, and had the opportunity to use the 600 targets as well as the tanks and APC's set out on the hillside, up to 1,000 and beyond...

It's federal property, we all pay for it, so why can't we use it when they aren't being used?

07-12-2005, 6:56 PM
Originally posted by Technical Ted:
It sure would have been nice if the government had kept the ranges at Fort Ord open to public after they shut down the base http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I second that, especially since it is close to me. There is a range at Ford Ord, but military and maybe LE only.