PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

mif_slim
07-13-2009, 5:57 PM
So, your at the store purchasing some ammo and some other things. The store is busy with people asking questions and telling the cashier to "let me see this" "let me see that" "whats the best" blah blah.. Anyways, your inline and your up to pay. You tell the cashier to grab you three bricks of 550 22lr, at 15.99 a brick. He rings up whats on your hand (AA battaries and a flash light) and says, "total is 14.95" and bags the three bricks along with the lights and battaries and hands it over to you..

1) would you pay up and leave?
2) tell em they made a mistake and ring up the three bricks?

be honest! :D

snobord99
07-13-2009, 6:00 PM
Tell them they made a mistake.

My integrity is worth more than $47.97 +tax. It's gotta be worth at least $100 :p.

THT
07-13-2009, 6:01 PM
I'd point out his error. As a vendor, I'd hope my customers would do the same.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
07-13-2009, 6:11 PM
I would tell the sales person they made a mistake. And have a every time when they under charged me.

berto
07-13-2009, 6:14 PM
Let him know he made a mistake.

Paying for everything but the ammo and walking out with what you paid for and the ammo won't end well if they notice you leave and call the cops.

GrayWolf09
07-13-2009, 6:21 PM
Tell him about the mistake. When I get up in the morning and look in the mirror, I want to be able to smile at the guy staring back at me. Honesty and integrity are important.:seeya:

Fjold
07-13-2009, 6:25 PM
I tell them they made a mistake, always have, always will.

MiguelS
07-13-2009, 6:30 PM
It is the same as stealing if you don't.

I just had a similar situation...went to walmart and a newbie (not usually at the ammo counter) gave me the ammo in a bag and told me to pay at the AutoCenter. I could have walked out with 6 boxes of 9mm WWB, but why. I am not going to lie, I thought about it for a second.

mif_slim
07-13-2009, 6:40 PM
So far, Im impress with the reply. But keep em coming!

audiophil2
07-13-2009, 6:43 PM
It was a test. You passed. Congrats.

bohoki
07-13-2009, 6:47 PM
pay up ive seen walmart ask to see recipts at random on the exit

Some Guy
07-13-2009, 6:48 PM
I would wonder when I was going to wake up, the last five times I saw three bricks of 22lr at WM I was dreaming.

hkusp9c
07-13-2009, 7:23 PM
number two

Diabolus
07-13-2009, 7:26 PM
I'd ask for 10 more boxes ;)

Decoligny
07-13-2009, 8:16 PM
To Quote Richard Nixon: "I am not a crook!"

I would let them know about the mistake.

Vanguard
07-13-2009, 9:56 PM
I would tell the clerk he made a mistake.

I've done this at a restaurant before when a friend of mine and I had lunch and a couple of drinks there. They charged us 15bucks for everything. My buddy wanted to pay and leave. He was pissed that I made him pay the correct amount. I think he understood later and I hope it improved his outlook and honesty but he was angry at the time. Oh well, I wasn't going to walk out of there and screw them, especially since the service and food were good.

M47_Dragon
07-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Karma.

Tell them about the mistake.

I was buying four boxes of .45 once (way back when ammo could be found easily) and the cashier only rang me up for 3 boxes. I pointed this out to him (he was the store manager). He waved me off and said "No problem, it's yours," and gave me the 4th box for free.

Wooohooo.

devildog999
07-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Before applying with law enforcement agencies, I'll be honest and say I'd walk right out of there.

Now that I am going for law enforcement and they ask questions exactly like that, I'd be honest. That kind of thing has already happened a couple times and I have been honest. Don't wanna get DQ'd for something stupid

compsoftstation
07-13-2009, 11:36 PM
What if you won an auction for a NIB Kimber Raptor and the store overnight it to your FFL before you send them the money order?

capntroy
07-13-2009, 11:51 PM
What if you won an auction for a NIB Kimber Raptor and the store overnight it to your FFL before you send them the money order?

Same answer, be honest. I sleep good at night knowing that no one's ever been caused pain by my dishonesty.

I'll bet you'd get a different answer to this question if it was asked on a forum frequented by Obama voters. :(

audihenry
07-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Look at all you straight shooters. I bet the people who wouldn't tell them aren't going to respond lol

mydogsmonkey
07-14-2009, 12:21 AM
to tell you the truth, its happened to me at turners, only $10 in merch but they basically rang up a big box of shells and forgot 2 5 packs, i was out of the store by the time i noticed and looked at the receipt, i didn't really have a choice

MP301
07-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Karma..or what goes around, comes around applies. You planned to spend the correct amount, so you obviously had it.... Being over joyed about saving a few bucks because of a mistake is lame. Not to mention, in a lot of cases, the clerk that made the mistake is going to pay for it one way or another.

In the fooid industry, that mistake comes straight out of thier pocket. In some cases, a person could be suspected of stealing and even lose thier job.

taloft
07-14-2009, 1:33 AM
I don't like thieves, so why would I act like one? I'd tell them. You will pay for it in some fashion, I'd rather it be in cash.:)

liketoshoot
07-14-2009, 5:39 AM
Well as I know the people at the shop I just tell them , ah I think you over charged me, laugh and rering the sale.
happens there a lot as we will be talking and they forget what they were doing sometimes.

Vacaville
07-14-2009, 5:43 AM
I always tell people when they've screwed up.

snobord99
07-14-2009, 7:17 AM
Same answer, be honest. I sleep good at night knowing that no one's ever been caused pain by my dishonesty.

I'll bet you'd get a different answer to this question if it was asked on a forum frequented by Obama voters. :(

Wow. This is the most ignorant statement I've seen in a while.

Greg-Dawg
07-14-2009, 8:04 AM
2) tell em they made a mistake and ring up the three bricks?

be honest! :D

Having a good conscience helps everyone, especially yourself.

mif_slim
07-14-2009, 8:04 AM
300 some viewers and 26 replies.. I BET THE 274 is the #1 takers! jk. :)

THT
07-14-2009, 8:09 AM
The way I see it, I'd basically be putting a price tag on my integrity if I was silent.

Barbarossa
07-14-2009, 8:11 AM
Really depends on the store.

I can't stand Walmart, so I'd be real tempted to consider that an aggravation fee.

Beelzy
07-14-2009, 8:22 AM
Sorry but this is yet another Troll post about, "Would you be honest?"

All I can say is, "If you have to ask, you're not in the club". :rolleyes:

1SGMAT
07-14-2009, 8:46 AM
tell him he messed up

xxdabroxx
07-14-2009, 9:11 AM

I can't stand Walmart, so I'd be real tempted to consider that an aggravation fee.

exactly where i was headed. Sorry, but its true, i have no sympathy for that place. Local brick & mortar type store i would tell, just not the big box stores.

Vanguard
07-14-2009, 9:23 AM
exactly where i was headed. Sorry, but its true, i have no sympathy for that place. Local brick & mortar type store i would tell, just not the big box stores.

Then why do you keep shopping there? If you're there and they have what you want, you'd steal from them because you don't like the store?

Where ever you are shopping, you chose to be there. If you don't like a store, don't shop there.

hybridatsun350
07-14-2009, 9:43 AM
I would be honest and point out his error (if I noticed). Sometimes I'm so aggravated that I just hand them my credit card without even listening to what they said! haha

bohoki
07-14-2009, 10:31 AM
another problem with unregistered dispersments is that the computer still thinks the 22lr is in stock and will not be reordered untill they do a shortage audit

Rekrab
07-14-2009, 10:49 AM
This situation would never happen to me because I'd never purchase .22lr :P

berto
07-14-2009, 10:51 AM

Why pay for anything at any time at a big box? Skip the line and the stupidity completely and take evrything you want on the five finger discount plan.

liketoshoot
07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Just now, was at WW and gave the girl 83.00 for an 82,27 total and she punched in 93.00 was going to give me 10+ change back till I joked with her and she saw her mistake.
Oh yea, Lancaster WW has Federal 40 cal for 12.47, but the guy behind me garbed 6 too so hurry!!

Grumpyoldretiredcop
07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
My ability to sleep nights isn't worth the price of a couple of bricks of .22s.

rip555
07-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I voted for Obama so I would've just walked out.

Now if I had voted for McCain, I would've pointed out the cashier's error.

I also voted for Arnold so at that time I was honest but I think at the next election, I'll probably vote for the Democratic party. I'll probably turn dishonest then.

snobord99
07-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Then why do you keep shopping there? If you're there and they have what you want, you'd steal from them because you don't like the store?

Where ever you are shopping, you chose to be there. If you don't like a store, don't shop there.

+1

Some people just need an excuse for not being raised right and their inability to correct themselves once they've grown.

ELEVENTH HOUR
07-14-2009, 12:26 PM
#2 :piggy:

fearmonger
07-14-2009, 3:54 PM
I would’ve walked out and never thought about it again. Then I would’ve went out looking for midgets to punch.

snobord99
07-14-2009, 4:49 PM
I would’ve walked out and never thought about it again. Then I would’ve went out looking for midgets to punch.

Punching midgets is wrong. They're meant to be thrown.

762cavalier
07-14-2009, 5:07 PM
Years ago in a past life I would have walked without saying a word.

Nowadays my integrity means too much to me. I am not the person I used to be.;)

masameet
07-14-2009, 7:17 PM
I've worked retail, so I have a lot of sympathy for people who still do.

Probably would've made a joke, like "Wow! I'm getting all this stuff for 15 bucks! If you're going to be this generous, how about letting me have it for free?!"

Saying something foolishly outlandish always gets a clerk's attention and makes them not feel so darned stupid for making a mistake.

Other times have turned out to be some great deals. Like the time I returned some Patagonia clothes that I'd gotten on sale online. At the retail store, the register rang up the items at the regular retail prices. So not only did I get my money back, but I got a little more. And the guy behind the counter said, with a smile, It's okay!

lol

joepamjohn
07-14-2009, 8:16 PM
It is the same as stealing if you don't.

I just had a similar situation...went to walmart and a newbie (not usually at the ammo counter) gave me the ammo in a bag and told me to pay at the AutoCenter. I could have walked out with 6 boxes of 9mm WWB, but why. I am not going to lie, I thought about it for a second.

It's all about Karma..Think about it.. A loaded gun with stolen ammo. Not a good time to have the Karma gods seek vengance. Next you will be in the emergency room for yourself or another person because one shot kicked up a rock and hit you in the eye. Not worth it..

lawaia
07-15-2009, 7:08 AM
Tell them about the mistake. But I'm curious what you did.:rolleyes:

Decoligny
07-15-2009, 6:21 PM

Then I would send the money order along with a note that not all people are honest.

Decoligny
07-15-2009, 6:26 PM
to tell you the truth, its happened to me at turners, only $10 in merch but they basically rang up a big box of shells and forgot 2 5 packs, i was out of the store by the time i noticed and looked at the receipt, i didn't really have a choice

Sure you did. You had the choice of keeping a quick sawbuck, or taking the time to go back into the store and make it right. Or if it was when you were 10 miles down the road, take the next opportunity to go in and pay for what you got.

A man who isn't faithful in the things of little consequence will never be faithful in the things that really matter.

Decoligny
07-15-2009, 6:28 PM

You know what you call someone who steals $0.25?

A thief.

shovel88ci
07-15-2009, 6:39 PM

+1 right on!

nick
07-15-2009, 8:15 PM
I'd point it out to the sales person. My integrity is worth more than that. Just like I'd point out if they overcharged me, although it's not always as well-received :)

Nodda Duma
07-15-2009, 8:44 PM
Keeping your honesty in big things is easy. Keeping your honesty in little things is where it counts.

Just like: Being kind to friends and loved ones is easy. Being kind to total strangers is the real test.

-Jason

Acorn556
07-15-2009, 9:15 PM
Honestly....I would tell him. Coming from a retail background as a younger man I really appreciated when I got a heads up from an honest guy just trying to help out. Being busy in a place like that you want to get the easy things done.

It's also a good sign when you come in next time and they KNOW you didn't steal the $50 or whatever in ammo. Trust me they would remember.

Two Shots
07-15-2009, 9:22 PM
I agree with those who would let the clerk know about the mistake.

Z ME FLY
07-15-2009, 9:57 PM
Haha I would tell him.... I would say "Oh I am getting free ammo with my purchase today? Cool!"

Hopefully he will realize that he needs to charge me then I will pay. People are actually pretty good at these things from my past experiences.

packnrat
07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Tempting due to prices these days.
But I value my name...and it is not mud.

A whole warehouse of ammo does not even add up to the value of my name.

I would let the clerk know of the problem.