PDA

View Full Version : Responses from Assembly members on AB352

imported_1911_sfca
05-11-2005, 1:14 PM
Just want you to know.. when I used the NRA-ILA spam machine, I got a note back from Assemblyman Walters saying

I oppose AB 352. Thank you for your input.

and this gem from Assemblyman Haynes:

I am strongly opposed to all gun control measures, and intend to vote against those coming before me. I've set out the worst of them below and hope that the information will be of use to you. I am a strong 2nd Amendment supporter, and will do everything I can to defeat these bills.

AB 352 (Koretz). Firearms: microstamping. Would expand the definition of unsafe handgun to include semiautomatic pistols that are not designed and equipped with a microscopic array of characters, that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol, etched into the interior surface or internal working parts of the pistol, and which are transferred by imprinting on each cartridge case when the firearm is fired after January 2007. Passed out of Asm Public Safety on a 5-2 vote 4-5-05; Passed out of Asm Appropriations on a 13-5 vote on 4-13-05; is currently on the Assembly floor and could be voted on any time. OPPOSE

SB 357 (Dunn). Serialized handgun ammunition. This bill would establish a program requiring serialization of handgun ammunition commencing July 1, 2007. Passed Sen Public Safety on a 4-2 vote on 4-26-05; currently in Sen Appropriations. OPPOSE

AB 944 (Ridley-Thomas). Firearms. Would require firearms dealers to post an additional warning pertaining to firearms warning of the dangers of firearms in the home. This same warning would have to be on all firearm sales contracts, and would have to be conspicuously printed on the front page of the instruction manual. Passed Asm Public Safety on 4-2 vote on 4-19-05; currently in Asm Appropriations. OPPOSE

AB 448 (La Suer). Assault weapons. Would repeal the assault weapons ban in California. In Asm Public Safety, no hearing date set. SUPPORT

Assemblyman Ray Haynes

Black_Talon
05-11-2005, 5:17 PM
Yes, I got those same replies. Boilerplate, but at least they're on our side!