View Full Version : Help finding an AK gunsmith in So. Cal

07-13-2009, 11:45 AM
I need help finding a gunsmith with lots of experience on Ak's especially a Krink. My problem is the bolt does not return forward after each shot. I have a Red Star adjustable trigger, I have tried adjusting it several times with no luck. The safety/fire lever also does not seem to move all the way up. Any help is appreciated.:(

07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
What reciever is it built on? The bolt might be touching the hammer as it goes over. Also the tab on the selector is probably hitting the top of the trigger. I think I had to file mine when I installed it in a psl.

07-13-2009, 1:02 PM
Switch out the Red Star trigger. I could not install mine either. It will require some minor "gunsmithing" by me. It interferes with the safety lever as well. The bolt being locked back is most likely caused by the hammer.

07-13-2009, 2:28 PM
built on a NDS M92 receiver

This is how high the lever will reach. The bolt gets stuck at this point.

Seems the lever is hitting part of the trigger assembly.

Bottom of bolt making contact with top of hammer.

07-13-2009, 2:52 PM
built on a M92 receiver

An NDS or an AKbuilder M92 flat? Did you ever have a standard trigger group in it? If you take out the Trigger group will the Bolt slide around freely?

This kinda sucks because I was wondering about adjustable AK trigger for my own builds...

I don't think you ever posted your pics in my M92 thread so.....

07-13-2009, 4:00 PM
Pics posted

07-13-2009, 7:40 PM
This is perfectly normal.

I would switch out the FCG just to see if there are still problems. Then precede to install the Red Star FCG and start modifying it. You may be having a problem with the Red Star FCG interfering with the disconnectors ability to engage the hammer and thus letting it sit higher up when the bolt moves forward again, getting it stuck. Please verify that the disconnector is engaging.

07-13-2009, 7:52 PM
my yugo did same thing with tapco FCG.no problems after i rounded the hammer and bottom of the BC.

07-14-2009, 1:41 AM
Call the guys at Red Star and talk directly with them, they will walk you through the adjustment process. They are super nice and very patient, they will have your problem corrected in 10-15 minutes and you will learn a lot. I talked with the older gentleman (didn't catch his name) but they will take care of you. They make it very simple.

07-14-2009, 2:46 PM
Disconnector is NOT engaging...:confused:

07-14-2009, 3:10 PM
Disconnector is NOT engaging...:confused:

Thought so. Now remove the safety lever, the set screw in the front of the trigger, and the set screw in the front of the disconnector, and try it again. Does it engage now?