PDA

View Full Version : G22 Order

imported_11Z50
05-02-2005, 7:00 PM
I finally located a couple of local ffl's who will order the G22 for me. I'll not mention any names, but thanks for nothing. I don't mind supporting the little guy, but holy cow! I'm not taking a reaming in the process! They are both talking $500 out-the-door. They were going for $325-375 at the Nations gun show, and while yes I know that isn't the PRK, and yes I know the PRK fees are exhorbitant, but I just can't see that. The dealer in Virginia lamented he was only making $100 selling them for $325. As much as I'd like to support the local shops, you'd think they would want your business in return. I'll just wait and acquire one when the time is right. Rather than make a small profit, they'll make none from me.

imported_11Z50
05-02-2005, 7:00 PM
I finally located a couple of local ffl's who will order the G22 for me. I'll not mention any names, but thanks for nothing. I don't mind supporting the little guy, but holy cow! I'm not taking a reaming in the process! They are both talking $500 out-the-door. They were going for $325-375 at the Nations gun show, and while yes I know that isn't the PRK, and yes I know the PRK fees are exhorbitant, but I just can't see that. The dealer in Virginia lamented he was only making $100 selling them for $325. As much as I'd like to support the local shops, you'd think they would want your business in return. I'll just wait and acquire one when the time is right. Rather than make a small profit, they'll make none from me.

stillbigmac
05-02-2005, 7:13 PM
I'm confused??? Glocks for $325.00 ? Thats less than I can buy them for. Alot less!

I couldn't sell you a glockk 22 for 500 and make a 100.

Are these previosly loved or something?

Ok I found your other thread.. Never mind me..

imported_wallysparx
05-02-2005, 9:19 PM
i believe he was referring to the walther g22, the bullpup in 22lr.

ivanimal
05-03-2005, 1:05 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=31640908

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=31605686

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=31541599

Hey Toby try these links.

05-03-2005, 2:31 PM
Current dealer on the Walther G22 is about 325.00. So if there is a guy making a 100 bucks on this at 325 id like to know where hes getting them. I dont think people understand how much money it takes just to keep the doors open for a business.Plus nobody wants to work for free.

Snorkel Bob
05-03-2005, 9:21 PM
Well I guess you already checked with Matt then?
I'll see if I can get my hands on one of them. Maybe one of our distributers has one, I havent even checked what they are going for.

Toby, give me a call when you get back. I want to come check out the new house and we need to have some Me & Eds!

imported_11Z50
05-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Robert,
Shoot me an email with your current contact numbers. Let me know if you can get one of these Walthers, they are way Kool. I'm in town for a week or so.

imported_11Z50
05-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Hey, 40 Boy, I have been in business for myself for some time, and I know the cost of doing business in the PRK. I don't sell guns, but I know what they cost. I'm all for making a good profit, and supporting my fellow local businessmen. However, I don't need lectures and I'm not going to subsidize ineficient operations that refuse to adapt and modernize. If it's so tough to make a buck in the gun biz, I feel for you, but in business if you 'aint moving up your'e moving down. People aren't going to fork over bucks just because they think your'e a nice guy.

stillbigmac
05-04-2005, 3:53 PM
I didn't see any lectures. I only see him stating the facts.

I sure wouldn't sell it at cost. That gun would sell here for about 400 bucks. I'm not sure what you mean about more efficient. Sell them at cost so we can efficiantly go out of business. Sell them at a loss and make up for it in volume..

You say you know what they cost so what is a fair markup in your world?

05-04-2005, 11:50 PM
AT LEAST SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS. THANKS FOR THE BACK-UP.

imported_11Z50
05-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Just ordered a G22 rifle for $428 otd, tax, DROS etc. And the dealer made an 20% profit. He wants my business. He is resourceful and uses his noodle to get the cheapest dealer price. He holds his overhead to a bare minimum and works smarter, not harder. He works with buyers who locate guns online and thru venues like Gunbroker. Sorry to say it, but the days of the brick and mortar storefront gun shop is as antiquated as the neighborhood bar. It's very similar to the real estate business I work in sometimes. Used to be a one-on-one business between agent and client. All the listings were published hard copy in a MLS book. Only Agents had access. If you bought or sold a house, you had to use an agent.....Now, people can view MLS online, do most of the work themselves. Agents have had to reduce commissions to stay competative and work off volume. Things like Help-u-sell in Real Estate are very similar to Gunbroker etc. Buyers no longer have to go to an "agent" to gather info and make an informed decision. The Virtual environment has all but eliminated the storefront in a number of businesses and those who choose not to adapt are doomed to failure.

Kruzr
05-07-2005, 10:48 PM
The cheapest wholesale price I've seen was when Davidson's had them on sale to dealers in early April at $299.

imported_11Z50
05-08-2005, 9:29 AM
My guy shopped around and got the best deal available, I know this because I helped him do it. I suspect that the boys in Virginia got a special deal froma large wholesaler back there. The best we could get was $319, and when you add shipping, DROS, tax, and a fair profit, it came to $428 OTD. Much better than $500 + all the add-ons. The 2 local store-front dealers have much more overhead. My new dealer operates another business as well and specializes in special orders and Gunbroker transactions.