PDA

View Full Version : M4 collapsible milspec vs. commercial buttstock question

bootcamp
07-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Hello All,

I have a commercial supposedly "Double Star" 6 pos. buttstock kit. I originally bought the buttstock kit thinking it was milspec. It was at a gunshow, impulse buy, no time to research, type of buy.

Anyway, I install it into my 90% Stag built rifle. The whole rifle is stag but the buttstock kit. I also recently bought a Stag buttstock only. Not the tube, just the plastic buttstock. If I buy a milspec tube, will my original commercial spring and buffer fit into the milspec tube? Are these all the same sizes inside diameter?

I ask, because rather than spending $58 for a buffer, spring and milspec tube, i'd rather spend $18 on a milspec tube if it will work.

aplinker
07-13-2009, 1:07 AM
yes, buffers and springs are the same.

Stanze
07-13-2009, 1:14 AM
What's the big deal? You already have a functional buttstock--No one other than yourself and a mall-ninja knows the difference?. How about spending that money on ammo?

Just a suggestion, your rifle and money. Still a free country sorta.

AlliedArmory
07-13-2009, 6:36 AM
yes it will all fit if you buy just a new tube. but why change it?

THT
07-13-2009, 6:56 AM
Maybe he wants a different stock but needs a milspec tube?

bootcamp
07-13-2009, 8:50 AM
Sorry guys, this is my favorite rifle and since my lower matches my upper as well as the LPK, i'd like for buttstock to be stamped stag arms as well. I feel it's worth more having the entire rifle stamped one brand rather than multiple brands on the rifle.

I'll end up selling the Double star buttstock & tube and get all or some of my money back anyway.

BlackDrop50
07-13-2009, 9:19 AM
Yup, it's a good idea to put a mil spec buffer tube on because you have a wider variety of stocks IF you decide to change it.

riflegear.com usually has it but they are out

check out BCM

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Stock-Hardware-Mounting-Kit-Mil-Spec-p/stock%20hardware%20kit.htm

they also have just the buffer tube

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Milspec-Receiver-Extention-Buffer-Tube-p/milspec%20receiver%20extention.htm