PDA

View Full Version : Is Imbert & Smithers in San Carlos OLL friendly?

clockwork
07-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I have a shotgun in jail with them and am considering getting a couple of cheap stripped lowers shipped to them to add to the 4473 and save some $35.

Are they OLL friendly?
Thank you!

chickenfried
07-12-2009, 11:15 PM
nope

hoffmang
07-12-2009, 11:22 PM
:smilielol5:

Uh.. No.

-Gene

B Strong
07-13-2009, 6:28 AM
No, no, NO!

Al is a great guy to deal with once he knows you, but no OLL stuff.

Suvorov
07-13-2009, 9:11 AM
No, not OLL friendly.

Not even.... Friendly....

They are a prime example of the kind of piss poor firearms store that exist in Kalifornia. Take your business elsewhere.

tpirman
07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
City Arms in Pacifica is OLL friendly. In fact, they are just friendly, especially if you spend some money with them.

Bushido-sig
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Roger's Relic in Santa Clara. 408-247-5379. OLL friendly and friendly. Make sure you give Lisa a call before dropping by. They operate out of their home so they appreciate prior notice before anybody shows up.

Good luck!

bwiese
07-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Imbert & Smithers are nice folks and there's some good smithing there, but they're a bit confused on the laws.

I've had a variety of reports they think flash hiders on bolt-action rifles are illegal!

TZL
07-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I&S does have lots of ammo in stock

however they won't touch anything AR related...I wanted help getting a muzzle brake off and said I would bring in just the upper, they said they wanted nothing to do with it.....

joelogic
07-13-2009, 1:03 PM
Last time I was at I&S the guy behind the counter was trying to sell a sealed mag well AR to a customer by telling him it is the only legal configuration allowed in CA. I want to yell FUD but I just walked out instead.

Merc1138
07-13-2009, 1:07 PM
Last time I was at I&S the guy behind the counter was trying to sell a sealed mag well AR to a customer by telling him it is the only legal configuration allowed in CA. I want to yell FUD but I just walked out instead.

Should have told the customer to check here then walk out(what's the shop owner gonna do at that point, ask you to leave anyway?)

IsaacGlass
07-13-2009, 1:08 PM
No they are not, ask that question and you will get kicked out (j/k)

trashman
07-13-2009, 1:52 PM
No, not OLL friendly.

Not even.... Friendly....

They are a prime example of the kind of piss poor firearms store that exist in Kalifornia. Take your business elsewhere.

I've heard that before -- but my non-OLL experience has always been positive with those guys. Gina and Al are great fun to talk to when the shop is quiet and they have a usually excellent selection of used shotguns and rifles, and for some reason many many interesting S&W's do turn up there (the ones that Kurac doesn't get a heads-up on first :p )

--Neill

RolinThundr
07-13-2009, 2:00 PM
City Arms in Pacifica is OLL friendly. In fact, they are just friendly, especially if you spend some money with them.

They're friendly with everyone and they usually have stripped OLLs in stock.

thedrickel
07-13-2009, 2:29 PM
City Arms is better . . . but not perfect. We need somebody like OC Armory or Riflegear around here.

TZL
07-13-2009, 3:32 PM
or PRK needs to open a bay area branch..... :rolleyes:

City Arms is better . . . but not perfect. We need somebody like OC Armory or Riflegear around here.

trashman
07-13-2009, 5:03 PM
or PRK needs to open a bay area branch..... :rolleyes:

No please NO. My discretionary funds wouldn't be able to withstand the temptation..

--Neill

RolinThundr
07-13-2009, 5:23 PM
No please NO. My discretionary funds wouldn't be able to withstand the temptation..

--Neill

Lead me not to temptation- I can find the way myself.

thedrickel
07-13-2009, 5:55 PM
I'm workin on it, I'm workin on it. It will work for you Ting, you commute thru South City right?

TZL
07-13-2009, 6:40 PM
lol....i have three safes full now, if PRK opens a branch here i'm going to need to convert an entire room with a vault door...maybe i should just co-invest into your venture

that first Mosin i bought from you a year ago has spawned, now I have 4....mosins are almost as addicting as EBRs....

I'm workin on it, I'm workin on it. It will work for you Ting, you commute thru South City right?

berg
07-13-2009, 7:55 PM
I've bought and sold lots of stuff at Imbert & Smithers. It's one of my favorite places but I go elsewhere for gun law advice.