PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer the B15 or B16 and why??

bombadillo
07-12-2009, 8:51 PM
I just bought 3 B15 kits because I don't want to have to bother taking out the pin for the hammer each time I want to change it. I don't think I would necessarily have to take it out, but they just look like a KNS pin and the B15 is so simple VS the B16. Now just to be fair i've never personally used the B16 but I have used the BB, Prince50, B15, and standard releases and the B15 seems to be the best of both worlds versus the B16. What is your take on the two of them?

oldschool88
07-12-2009, 8:57 PM
I like the B15, It is quick to change over. The B16 just seems like it requires too many steps. But I too only have experience with the B15.

Vinz
07-12-2009, 9:01 PM
you don't have to take out the pin, just the long cap screw then install the shorter screw. Very easy.

The B15 rattles. If you pull on the block, twist it abit you can release the mag without a tool. Found that out one day showing my buddy that it locks the mag. Ooopps So lube it up if you are going to use it.

The B16 is fixed and tight. Looks less obstructive.

Vinz

bsim
07-12-2009, 9:05 PM
^^ What he said.

Replace the roll pin with the threaded pin, screw on the cover. CA legal.

Go out of state, remove one screw, take off the cover, put the little screw in. Back to normal.

Very unobtrusive.

aplinker
07-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I just bought 3 B15 kits because I don't want to have to bother taking out the pin for the hammer each time I want to change it. I don't think I would necessarily have to take it out, but they just look like a KNS pin and the B15 is so simple VS the B16. Now just to be fair i've never personally used the B16 but I have used the BB, Prince50, B15, and standard releases and the B15 seems to be the best of both worlds versus the B16. What is your take on the two of them?

Yeah, basically you're not understanding how it works.

The B16 doesn't require removing the trigger pin to remove the BB for out of state use.

rosiekai
07-13-2009, 1:16 AM
How does the B16 compare the the new Radlock version?

aplinker
07-13-2009, 1:24 AM
How does the B16 compare the the new Radlock version?

They each have their +/- factors.

The B16 uses a cage, which makes it obvious it's a BB from a distance - whether this is good or bad is up to you. Good is that this can be settling to LE, bad is that it looks different. Clearly a pro is in "out of state" mode, the B-16 in now way interferes.

The Raddlock looks very close to a regular BB. Speed of change between them is a wash, but the Raddlock doesn't require removing anything. The only potential downside is that, while in "out-of-state" mode the CA-legal mode could accidentally be engaged, as unlikely as it might be.

bombadillo
07-13-2009, 7:19 AM
I understand how it works, but my main concern is that using something like a geissele trigger or something with a specific pin may cause problems using this type of a lock. Thats why I was thinking that the B15 setup would be better for what i'm using it for. I definitely like the solid feeling of the B16 but REALLY don't want to have to change the hammer pin out for something other than factory or what I specifically want in there. Do they just require KNS pins? I already have a couple of those so maybe i'll try out both and see what i'm liking. I have 1 B15 now and 2 more on the way. I'll have to snag a B16 and get my butt into gear building some more rifles.

Synergy
07-15-2009, 11:13 PM
I bought a B-16 to use in my latest build. No go with a RRA NM 2 stage trigger. The anti-walk pin is lacking a grove for a J-spring found in the hammer of the RRA trigger. I found this out from Grant, directly. He was willing to make it right and let me return it. I just said I will keep it for another project using a stock LPK trigger.

GoingPro
07-15-2009, 11:35 PM
raddlock.

bombadillo
07-20-2009, 2:54 PM
I bought a B-16 to use in my latest build. No go with a RRA NM 2 stage trigger. The anti-walk pin is lacking a grove for a J-spring found in the hammer of the RRA trigger. I found this out from Grant, directly. He was willing to make it right and let me return it. I just said I will keep it for another project using a stock LPK trigger.

Thats exactly the kind of answer I was wondering about. So far thats the main reason I like the B15 is that it allows any type of pin to be used for the hammer instead of needing a KNS pin or something similar.