PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of Eligibility questions

bear
03-31-2005, 8:19 AM
Just got my COE. No explanation of how to use it. i.e. Do I make photocopies and give one to the dealer when I want to employ it? Or do I have to carry the original with me to the dealership?

It's a big certficate, 8 1/2" by 11".

I got it surprisingly fast, and it was really easy to get. I expect it to pay for itself in the first year.

Just don't know how to use it, physically.

Thanks guys.

bear
03-31-2005, 8:19 AM
Just got my COE. No explanation of how to use it. i.e. Do I make photocopies and give one to the dealer when I want to employ it? Or do I have to carry the original with me to the dealership?

It's a big certficate, 8 1/2" by 11".

I got it surprisingly fast, and it was really easy to get. I expect it to pay for itself in the first year.

Just don't know how to use it, physically.

Thanks guys.

imported_Telpierion
03-31-2005, 9:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I expect it to pay for itself in the first year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it going to do that?

markalite@yahoo.com
03-31-2005, 9:34 AM
Maybe he meant: I expect it to put me in the poor house by the end of the year! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

imported_Telpierion
03-31-2005, 9:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CW:
Maybe he meant: I expect it to put me in the poor house by the end of the year! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like all the money I have "saved" by getting an 03 FFL. http://www.calguns.net/laughroll.gif The COE is even worse. It makes it easier to buy and doesn't even save you money on each transaction.

bear
03-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Well, maybe not the first year, depends on how many guns I can afford. Might save $10 on a PPT. The state sets the fee for a PPT at $35, but I just paid $45. The dealer said it was a "storage fee" due to holding the gun for the 10-day wait. They won't be able to say that now for C&R guns. Do they just make up something else instead?

What I was thinking is, a gun for sale at a distant location becomes plausible. Like if I want to buy a PPT C&R gun in Fresno, now I can drive there once instead of twice. That's $25 savings in gas alone. My time is worth something to me too.

imported_EOD Guy
03-31-2005, 12:10 PM
I made a reduced copy the size of the FFL. I then made two sided copies with the FFL on one side and the COE on the other.

imported_Telpierion
03-31-2005, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EOD Guy:
I made a reduced copy the size of the FFL. I then made two sided copies with the FFL on one side and the COE on the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey EOD I thought you were in the “a COE isn't worth it” camp. I was too until I realized most of the fee was only one time for the fingerprinting and such. That and the fact my local gun shop will honor a C&R/COE combo made me say what the heck.

imported_EOD Guy
04-01-2005, 5:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Telpierion:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EOD Guy:
I made a reduced copy the size of the FFL. I then made two sided copies with the FFL on one side and the COE on the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey EOD I thought you were in the “a COE isn't worth it” camp. I was too until I realized most of the fee was only one time for the fingerprinting and such. That and the fact my local gun shop will honor a C&R/COE combo made me say what the heck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was but didn't realize it until after I had gotten one. Once I had it, I figured I might as well keep it for a while. Like you said, most of the expense was in getting the initial COE.

icormba
04-23-2005, 5:25 PM
kinda late, but I just noticed you don't need the HSC (Handgun Safety Certificate) on C & R's either if you have a 03&COE!

we all know how hard that test has gotten http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif