PDA

View Full Version : POF 308 1st shooting mini-range review

problemchild
07-11-2009, 10:58 PM
I would like to say first off how awesome this rifle is. Other then the front sight being bolted on so tight at the factory I cant remove it, the gun is amazing.
Well.... on to the range report.

I drove up to Burro Canyon today to shoot my new rifle. I had 1.5 boxes of winchester match 168 in my closet and I bought 60 rounds of surplus military
ammo to sight and break in the barrel. I mounted my SS 10x42 the night before with an American Defense 30mm ring mount.

I arrived at the range late and all tables were taken. I had to wait almost an hour. The wind started picking up as I waited. The wind was strong enough to
knock down almost all targets at the range. The wind was blowing left to right in strong gusts.

At the range break I setup my target at 100 yds. After the break I split open the rifle and cleaned the barrel. I proceeded to sight in my scope. After 10rds I
cleaned/oiled the barrel. I fired a spoiler shot to wipe the barrel and proceeded to fire for effect. The military ammo was pathetic and would only hold 3-4
inch groups but I had the rifle zeroed.

During the next break I setup a new target and came back to clean the barrel again. I fired a spoiler match round and noticed it was low/right. I guess
the match shoots different then the military. I quickly brought the rifle back to zero with the match as I only had 30 rounds.

Once I had it zeroed I fired for effect. The 1st 5 shots I put into a quarter size group shooting from a phone book rest (I dont have a bipod yet) and my
hand under the stock. Keep in mind this rest was very unsteady and I was moving all over the target The wind was gusting like a mofo and actually moving the target from left to right about an inch. Even with all that I was still able to print a 3/8ths inch best 3 shot group.

I loaded 3 more adjusted my scope a few clicks and waited for the lull between the gusts of wind. I put the next 3 into a dime size group.

All in all I am very happy with the rifle. It never missed a beat. Here is the target I just mentioned.

I think with a bipod, sand bag and no wind I could make one ragged hole or 1/4 inch at 100.

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/webjunk/POF308/Picture2%20004a.jpg

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/webjunk/POF308/Picture2a.jpg

GettinReady
07-11-2009, 11:20 PM
WOW!
Nice rifle.

rumblebee
07-12-2009, 9:03 AM
Congrats! Nice rifle :thumbsup:

challenger
07-12-2009, 9:20 AM
bad ***.

tiger222
07-12-2009, 9:39 AM
Congrats, the looks of the POF don't do it for me, but it sure seems shoot. Can't help to think what a nice A2 or PRS would do to your groups!

Jpach
07-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Nice! Definitely not so terrible groups ESPECIALLY considering everyone hates on piston driven weapons here and talks about how crazy inaccurate they are.

BigBamBoo
07-12-2009, 1:04 PM

West coast
07-12-2009, 1:13 PM
Nice shooting!!!!!

thmpr
07-12-2009, 1:48 PM
Great shooting...But can't get over the color. Would be great to get it in Black or some sort of brown color.

MILLITIAof1
07-12-2009, 2:01 PM
That is impossible, piston uppers cant shoot that good!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On a serious note, nice shooting and nice rig!

problemchild
07-12-2009, 3:54 PM
Great shooting...But can't get over the color. Would be great to get it in Black or some sort of brown color.

It was this color or no color. Post Obama colors and price are not an option. I waited months for this and wasnt going to turn it down because of the color. Its actually NP3 and cleans with the wipe of a paper towel. Very slick stuff like teflon. Besides once the rifle is in your hands it kind of grows on you. :43:

DirtRacer151
07-12-2009, 4:43 PM
niced to hear yours turned out good...wanna meet up at the range and swap 308s for a mag worth and see the effects? I think mines going back to POF

EBR Works
07-12-2009, 5:02 PM
Very nice. Congrats on a great rifle!

problemchild
07-12-2009, 6:03 PM
niced to hear yours turned out good...wanna meet up at the range and swap 308s for a mag worth and see the effects? I think mines going back to POF

PM sent.......