PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Geissele SSA from Brownells - Your impressions?

armygunsmith
07-11-2009, 1:13 AM
Well, I finally saved up the cash and ordered the Geissele SSA from Brownells (About $170). It's not available on the website so you have to call them and use the stock number 100-003-620. They call it a "high speed" but the firearms tech assured me that it was the SSA trigger. They had been expecting a shipment to arrive on 1 July but as of 11 July, they had not received their order yet. Hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer. Anybody actually have one of these in their rifle? If so, what's your impression of the trigger?

I wasn't looking for a match trigger but something better than stock but rugged enough to take the punishment in case of a zombie outbreak.

DanHuuN
07-11-2009, 3:59 AM
I've seen a few...I have the DMR's in all my rifles and I love them. I'm sure the SSA is quality but I personally like the LMT or the Rock River 2 stages better than the SSA...But that is just my opinion...

sholling
07-11-2009, 7:50 AM
I'd expect it to be backordered months. The problem is that everybody wants them and Geissele doesn't have the capacity to keep up with demand. I'd love to get my hands on a couple. But most places that I've talked to have given me estimates of 3-6 month or longer waits.

walkstep
07-11-2009, 8:28 AM
I called Geissele and asked them who they were shipping to in their next runs of the SSA and the pointed me towards White Oak Armament. I called them and ordered one.

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/

White Oak was sold out on the current order but I made the next one. It took about three weeks to four weeks. I paid for the trigger on my first call and they seem to give you more respect these days if you actually order and pay. I guess they get a lot of inquiries.

I installed it on my POF .308 lower but am still waiting for the upper from POF; probably the end of August. The trigger sure feels good though.

Good luck.

swerv512
07-11-2009, 11:13 AM
I've seen a few...I have the DMR's in all my rifles and I love them. I'm sure the SSA is quality but I personally like the LMT or the Rock River 2 stages better than the SSA...But that is just my opinion...

care to elaborate...

armygunsmith
07-11-2009, 12:36 PM

I'd also like to know what you like about the other triggers more. Is it the reset, takeup, or price?

DanHuuN
07-11-2009, 2:20 PM
I'd also like to know what you like about the other triggers more. Is it the reset, takeup, or price?

The SSA's that I came across had a gritty take up and a little too much overtravel after the break. The RRA and LMT that I ran into had a very smooth take up and less overtravel.

That's just the exerpience I've had....I like the DMR by Geissele because it is adjustable and the take up is smooth with almost no overtravel....set it the way I wanted.

I feel that if I am purchasing a Geissele than why not op for the DMR rather than the SSA

Otherwise I'd go RRA or LMT.....

Just my opinion based on my experience with them...

SSA if nevertheless a great trigger....

Haplo
07-11-2009, 3:12 PM
I have one of their 2 stage adjustable triggers and it's full of win.

torsf
07-11-2009, 4:41 PM
I purchased mine from Rainier Arms - I had an alert setup to email when in stock.

Worth every penny.

Pryde
07-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I have tried them all and the KAC trigger is the best by far.

aplinker
07-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I have tried them all and the KAC trigger is the best by far.

until you wear through it - and it's only a $300+ trigger!

No TY.

the KAC vs. a Geissele adjustable? No competition... the Geissele owns.

The SSA's are nearly as good. I just wish I could find one. I've been on a couple wait lists for a while.

norcal-ar
07-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Geissele only makes two stage trigger right? was looking for some good single stage triggers. I like my jp trigger but was thinking of trying a timney next build.

sholling
07-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I feel that if I am purchasing a Geissele than why not op for the DMR rather than the SSAOf course the SSA can't possibly equal the DMR because it's not adjustable. But in combat or a SHTF situation the SSA has nothing to come out of adjustment at the worst possible time. That's why Geissele developed it.

armygunsmith
07-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I has initially considered the DMR and will eventually us one in another build, but as sholling said, there is nothing to fall out of adjustment.

Group B
07-12-2009, 2:05 AM
Geissele only makes two stage trigger right? was looking for some good single stage triggers. I like my jp trigger but was thinking of trying a timney next build.

The Geissele SSA is a two stage trigger, but unlike the other Geissele triggers, it is non-adjustable.

I just (back)ordered a Geissele SSA from ADCO last night, and I can't wait to try it out...I wonder how long it will take to arrive.

sholling
07-12-2009, 8:40 AM
The Geissele SSA is a two stage trigger, but unlike the other Geissele triggers, it is non-adjustable.

I just (back)ordered a Geissele SSA from ADCO last night, and I can't wait to try it out...I wonder how long it will take to arrive.I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I'd be pleasantly shocked if it were less than 6 months. Geissele is a small company and they are swamped with orders, and as a result their resellers are up to their necks in backorders for the SSA. I'd love to have two myself.

Teeznutz
07-12-2009, 4:00 PM
I have 2 Geissele SSAs and am very pleased. LMT 2stage is my next comparison.......

Shenaniguns
07-31-2009, 6:37 PM
Very smooth, crisp trigger and I'm very pleased :)