PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy one RIGHT now what are my opts

mag360
07-10-2009, 8:10 PM
If I wanted to buy an EBR right now, what would I end up having to go with? Charles Daly? Daniel Defense? :confused: Are these the best brands I can get now. Been reading non-stop on the forums for weeks about what to get, why, etc. Looks like BCM/LMT is sold out everywhere and m4carbine.net folks seem to love those for a complete upper/lower build to avoid sales tax. How long would I need to wait until these are avail?

What do y'all think of the M4LE by Charles Daly? I'd like to get a 14.5" barrel but they don't come with those so I'd need to order one and have a suppressor put on.

tomd1584
07-10-2009, 8:13 PM
riflegear.com has the DD rifles, they're quality guns.

slick_711
07-10-2009, 8:15 PM
The DDs are very nice. Get one of those and don't look back.

tiger222
07-10-2009, 8:31 PM
If I were in your position, I'd get a LWRC M6A3, if SGCUSA have any left on sale.

JPurp
07-10-2009, 8:51 PM
Buddy of mine just got the DD VX from Riflegear.com. I think it is the best deal around right now. Good quality at a good price.

mag360
07-10-2009, 8:54 PM
I did say I want one now, I didnt say I had $1900 to blow on one and that I'm made of money ;). And they are sold out at SGC.

Ezekiel2000
07-10-2009, 8:55 PM
The best deal I've seen lately for the Daniel Defense is this one:
http://shop.peachstateguns.com/product.sc?categoryId=145&productId=626
The gun plus 1,000 rounds of ammo for $1649...if you're going to order it, call Adam and tell him you are from calguns and he'll get you a break as he talks about in this thread...
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=196952&page=7

Jwood562
07-10-2009, 10:14 PM
The gun plus 1,000 rounds of ammo for $1649...if you're going to order it, call Adam and tell him you are from calguns and he'll get you a break as he talks about in this thread...

Thas a good deal since he is charging 389 for the just the ammo. That means the gun only runs $1260. that is a deal.

LesGrossman41510
07-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Wow that DD on peachstateguns is a god damn freaking deal, 1300 is around what i got my stag + accessories for.

rugit
07-10-2009, 10:28 PM
marksarmory.com
some really good deals there. check them out.

wildhawker
07-11-2009, 12:39 AM
If I wanted to buy an EBR right now, what would I end up having to go with? Charles Daly? Daniel Defense? :confused: Are these the best brands I can get now. Been reading non-stop on the forums for weeks about what to get, why, etc. Looks like BCM/LMT is sold out everywhere and m4carbine.net folks seem to love those for a complete upper/lower build to avoid sales tax. How long would I need to wait until these are avail?

What do y'all think of the M4LE by Charles Daly? I'd like to get a 14.5" barrel but they don't come with those so I'd need to order one and have a suppressor put on.

Lots of complete rifles out there- what are you looking for and what is your budget and location?

aplinker
07-11-2009, 12:51 AM

The CD M4LE is very good, if you can find it for the $900 or so it should be.

The DD rifles are a step up for a moderate amount of money (the XV).

You have a lot of options once you hit $1500.

There are LMT complete lowers available out there now (Wes has them @ 10%, other onlines, as well).

BCMs uppers are attainable on the couple weeks time scale.

If I were building ground up, I'd probably pick up a Mega billet lower... I still have the hots for the Centurion cold hammer forged RECCE barrel.

mag360
07-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I really appreciate the help here guys. I'll try to answer the questions you've asked me.

I'd say my budget is 1400-1500 (out of principal, I have more but not long ago 2 grand would get you a couple of nice AR's) but if they are throwing in extra's then I don't mind spending more.

Oh and I live in Sacramento, theres a place around here that has the DDM4 but with tax and fee's it will be damn near $1900 so that's unfortunately out of my price range. Which is too bad, because I do like supporting local/small guys.

I'm looking to get something that is super durable, tactical (i.e. I dont want a monsterman grip type of gun), and will maintain resale value. In other situations I've seen the power of what a good brand will do for having to sell something in a pinch.

If I get one from an out of state FFL do I have to pay sales tax? Tried calling peach state guns this morning but they probably aren't open today. Sales tax really adds up on purchases over 1k. How much do middlemen charge?

Would I be better off to just find a dealer in Reno that I can bring a bullet button to and dissasemble the 30rd mags so I can bring it in to Cali??

wildhawker
07-11-2009, 10:07 AM
If you're open to driving to Livermore, J&R has some complete ARs in (DD, Ruger, I think some CMMGs on the way). These guys are fantastic people, the most pleasant gun shop you'll find and VERY supportive of CGF and CGN. Give Randy a call.

Here's their latest flyer: 27736

offrdmania
07-11-2009, 10:08 AM
You will have to pay sales tax from an out of state purchase if a receipt is sent to your FFL with the rifle. If there is no receipt then tell your FFL that you traded for it and the cost was 0.

HK Dave
07-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Go to Riflegear and get a DD... whether it's a DD XV or DDM4 is up to you.

You can't for wrong with it.

*EDIT*

Oops just noticed you're in Sac... other option is to order something from rainierarms.com and have them ship it to a OLL friendly FLL.

aplinker
07-11-2009, 11:35 AM

Do this ^^^ and use a local transfer dealer.

There's a guy "whose name shall not be mentioned" that can do it for you for a reasonable price in Sac. I can't remember his name (he doesn't like it posted), but others will.

mag360
07-11-2009, 1:36 PM
Ok so someone pm this guys name please if your reading this! Thanks!

BroncoBob
07-11-2009, 2:03 PM
If you're open to driving to Livermore, J&R has some complete ARs in (DD, Ruger, I think some CMMGs on the way). These guys are fantastic people, the most pleasant gun shop you'll find and VERY supportive of CGF and CGN. Give Randy a call.

Here's their latest flyer: 27736

Great price for the DDM4-XV

BroncoBob
07-11-2009, 2:08 PM
Ok so someone pm this guys name please if your reading this! Thanks!

Don't confuse the DDM45-XV with the DDM4 Carbine. Big difference in price between them due to the what each rifle is equiped with. The XV is the standard model and the carbine has the Omega X 12FSP rail, Magpul MOE buttstock and DD A2 vertical grip. Add the price of those items its another $476 dollars. This puts the price of the M4 carbine right at $1725.00 if you add the $476 to the price J&R is selling the XV for.

Davidoff
07-11-2009, 2:14 PM
PM sent