PDA

View Full Version : Update:Want to Trade: Glock 17L for...

kedenimar
07-10-2009, 6:58 PM
Another Glock 17L! Hear me out-
I bought a used, very nice condition Glock 17L a few weeks back. The previous owner had the slide hard-chromed, which looks VERY nice. I, however, am a purist. I like Glocks the way they come from the factory.
( So why, some of you might ask, did I buy this gun in the first place? If you are a Glock afficianado, and have tried to pick one of these up in the past few years, they are quite RARE. I know, I've been looking for a long time.)
Anyway, I thought maybe, there might be out there somewhere amongst all the CalGuns members, one who owns a CLEAN, stock 17L who would like to trade with me. This gun is a first gen. model, and has some stampings on the slide and barrel which I am told are Austrian proofmarkings. The gun also has a VERY low serial#. Please don't respond for anything other than a one for one trade. If I don't receive any offers after a while, I am eventually going to send it out to have the finish restored to factory original. I am located in north Orange Co. My cell# is 562-607-4828, or pm me thru the CalGuns site.

**UPDATE 8/19/09**

I spoke to the folks at Glock yesterday. They informed me that they are unable to remove the hard chrome finish from the slide, and any attempts to do so would result in damage to the Tenifer finish :( They did tell me that for a small nominal fee of $250 they would replace the slide..... I really hate to do this, as the serial #s would not match between the frame and slide, and no, they won't just ship me a new slide. It has to be a one for one swap (plus $250 ). Is there no one out there who would like to trade with me? I will be waiting a while now, before I do anything drastic as mentioned above. And no, I don't want to get a Lone Wolf or other replacement slide, as it would not be a true Glock at that point...

kedenimar
08-25-2009, 2:47 AM
btt

uxo2
08-26-2009, 3:17 PM
Norrells Moly resin in FLAT BLACK is your friend.

I still have half a pint left

COBRA MASTER
08-27-2009, 6:44 PM
i could use one right now, too much carbs though :chris:
Norrells Moly resin in FLAT BLACK is your friend.

I still have half a pint left

kedenimar
09-14-2009, 6:18 PM
anybody?

kedenimar
07-14-2010, 5:50 PM
btt

Unit74
07-15-2010, 7:06 AM
Seriously.... That 17 looks nice and it's very unique. If you can afford it, I'd keep it in hand.

If you wanted to trade for ammo of any type I might be interested. PM me if so.

Woodworker2
07-15-2010, 2:15 PM
If you have not already, contact Tech Plate in Anahiem 714-634-9254 to see about having the finish changed back. It is worth a call to see if they can help.

Tenifer is a trade name for a type of chemical bath nitriding, other companies in the US can do similar processes. Nitriding is a "surface" treatment; it only extend several thousands into the base materials. It was (and may still be) very popular in building road racing engines. The crankshafts used appear more "gray" after treatment.

kedenimar
07-15-2010, 7:30 PM
i am getting more used to the look of the gun, the more i shoot it....its just a shame that its not on the CA DOJ "approved" list. i came very close to doing an out of state deal, to buy one just like the original i had which was stolen, and then found out at the last minute the gun could not be shipped to the People's Republik of California. oh well......

kedenimar
07-15-2010, 7:37 PM
i will give them a call. thanks for the hot tip. I am also thinking more about the idea of a new Wolf slide, done up with the black oxide finish. decisions, decisions......she's a real sweet shooter tho; the original owner had all the internals polished, i think, and put in a 4 lb. spring kit. no gritty feel to the trigger at all, and its really easy to keep on target when firing in rapid succession.

mcat707
07-16-2010, 4:40 PM
It looks good in chrome IMHO.

Hey, have you thought of looking for one on gunbroker and using a FFL middleman to ship to your Ca. FFL, then after, sell your chromed 17L to get your money back?

kedenimar
07-16-2010, 4:55 PM
no can do. without the gun being on the DOJ's approved list you cannot legally bring it into the state....
i cant even do a dealer to dealer transfer in this state..... it HAS to be local (as far as i am willing to travel) PPT