PDA

View Full Version : What does a Calguns booth coordinator do?

Can'thavenuthingood
07-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Well we have a number of shows under our collective belt and I've seen the same question come up frequently.

What does a coordinator do?

You folks that have been coordinators and Volunteers could help out with giving some insight into the things YOU specifically did to prepare for your show. There are many opportunities for event booths in California but understandably most are hesitant to Volunteer because we don't know what it entails.
Your insights and experience would be very helpful to us all.

Also how did the plan turn out for you?

What would you do different?

What was successful in your eyes?

Thanks,

Vick

wildcard
07-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I could be completely wrong..

But it is to my undertsnading that the role of a coordinator is to coordinate :)

maschronic
07-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I could be completely wrong..

But it is to my undertsnading that the role of a coordinator is to coordinate :)

smart arrss. :p you beat me to it!! haha

retired
07-15-2009, 12:16 AM
I was a volunteer at the Ontario Gun show. Ammo Bros. was generous enough to let us share some of their space for our area. When people would stop, I, along with the other volunteers informed them about Calguns and what we are trying to do for the gun owners in this state.

I'd mention some of the anti gun bills in the legislature and urge them to contact their rep. I'd also advise them of some of the recent legislation (Heller, Nordyke) that had occurred and some of the lawsuits the Calgun Foundation was pursuing.

I pointed out the flow charts that were available, along with the other products for sale and mentioned the proceeds would go to the Calgun Foundation which is fighting for our gun rights.

Lastly, I let them know how to reach our website and become a member or at least a reader, so they could acquire some valuable knowledge.

marcus_bervus
02-16-2010, 2:41 AM
what can members expect from a gunshow?

WokMaster1
02-16-2010, 9:07 AM
what can members expect from a gunshow?

guns & jerky.:D

clark40
04-10-2010, 4:22 AM
I pointed out the flow charts that were available, along with the other products for sale and mentioned the proceeds would go to the Calgun Foundation which is fighting for our gun rights. You folks that have been coordinators and Volunteers could help out with giving some insight into the things YOU specifically did to prepare for your show. There are many opportunities for event booths in California but understandably most are hesitant to Volunteer because we don't know what it entails.your insights and experience would be very helpful to us all.

Purple K
04-10-2010, 8:12 AM
The Coordinators are responsible for getting volunteers to staff the booth and set-up/tear-down of the booth. There are booth kits that have all the banners and literature in them, so things go very smoothly.

barrym66
04-11-2010, 11:06 PM
I've PMed bplvr on this thread....he can add considerable input to this topic!

I've done 3 shows now as a volunteer - the coordinator is basically responsible for locating and coordinating booth staff, the booth itself (with show and Calguns management), arranging for the booth hardware (CGN collateral, display material, and related gear) , schedules and the like.

It can be very rewarding - you'll meet some great people and become more in touch with the local community and 2A/gun rights advocates, as well as having the opportunity to meet some great people and Calgunners.

Havoc70
05-03-2010, 4:54 PM
One thing as well (which I just found out, having done my first stint as coordinator) is to inventory all printed materials before and after the show.