PDA

View Full Version : Independent Armament Company Awesomeness!

RaceDay
07-09-2009, 7:21 PM
Mad props to D over at IAC.

I picked up my PSL from the Henderson Defense Fathers Day sale and took it to the range today. No issues and it is fun to have a rifle that shoots inexpensive x54R. I thought I'd have issues using the scope (lefty shooter here) but scope worked fine.

When I was doing the DROS I was complaining to D about my AK47 slamming me in the cheek every time I shot it. He suggested that the slant brake could be causing the buttstock to rotate to the right and into my face. I have a hard time snugging the AK up to my shoulder (stock is too short) so I bought a Tapco AK74 style brake. I shot the AK47 today too and no more sore cheeks. :D

So an excellent day at the range courtesy of the Independent Armament Company. :) :) :)

TZL
07-09-2009, 7:34 PM
lets see some pics of your PSL...........I got one from HDI at the sale also, haven't shot it yet....

TacFan
07-09-2009, 7:36 PM
Yeah Dmitry and Mike are good guys. My favorite hassle-free FFL

RaceDay
07-09-2009, 8:05 PM
Happy shooter getting ready to shoot at 400 yd. At least the wife didn't get me talking with mouth wide open. BTW, with the scope I think the top dial is range in 100 m increments and side dial is left/right.

The stock could be a little bit longer but I am really loving the PSL right now. The metal is good. Not bad by any stretch but I saw the one Stevie got from HDI and that thing was excellent.

Jpach
07-09-2009, 8:08 PM
+100 for IAC. Dmitry and Mike kick ***. Ill be getting a couple things from them soon. What kind of accuracy you getting from your PSL?

aplinker
07-09-2009, 8:53 PM
Ditto on the IAC guys. Great peeps.

BroncoBob
07-09-2009, 8:57 PM
Really fricken sweet looking PSL

TacFan
07-09-2009, 9:05 PM
Happy shooter getting ready to shoot at 400 yd. At least the wife didn't get me talking with mouth wide open. BTW, with the scope I think the top dial is range in 100 m increments and side dial is left/right.

The stock could be a little bit longer but I am really loving the PSL right now. The metal is good. Not bad by any stretch but I saw the one Stevie got from HDI and that thing was excellent.

Nice PSL. I still haven't shot mine. Where is that range ?

RaceDay
07-10-2009, 5:39 AM
Nice PSL. I still haven't shot mine. Where is that range ?

A Place to Shoot between Santa Clarita and the AV.

You gotta take yours out TacFan. When I was shooting seated at the bench, I was hitting the 400 yd steel buffalo regularly-- 9/10 or 10 for 10 on the last mag (one shot pinged but didn't see the usual dust cloud fly up so maybe I nicked it...).

I didn't shoot paper with the PSL. We did shoot paper with the AR and the wife outshot me (like usual ha ha).

SMGLee
07-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Huge Props to IAC, I bought a Iron Ridge AR10 lower from them to do my OLL SASS build.

IndependentArmamentCo.
07-18-2009, 3:29 PM
Thanks guys!

It means a lot to us when we see good feedback like this, knowing we are doing a good job and having happy clients makes us feel worm and fuzzy inside....

Now we're going to go out to put an anti-Obama sticker on something :)

D

Electric Factory
07-18-2009, 3:51 PM
Mad props to D over at IAC........ an excellent day at the range courtesy of the Independent Armament Company. :) :) :)

Big +1 for these guys, just did a PPT today-quick, easy, painlesss.

lomalinda
07-18-2009, 4:02 PM
For those of us up in the SFV, IAC is the ONLY place to go for PPTs, etc.

If it's legal, it's A-OK, just as it should be with every other gun shop--Rettings, Gun World, Turners, etc.

Both Dmitry and Mike know their business inside and out. Unlike many other places that deal with OL stuff, they take the time to patiently explain what's going on.

duraglock
07-18-2009, 4:57 PM
Independent Armament has been great to work with very professional . Nice looking lock on that psl also.

WHenderson
07-18-2009, 5:58 PM
I've used Mike and Dmitry at Independent Armament for FFL services, guns and parts. My favorite shop. I can's say enough good things about them. I'm glad to be acquaintances/friends with them. I hope they stay around a long time. They are fair priced, they deliver on time, they are very helpful. Many thanks.

a couple quick notes. Mike has done duracoating on rifles for me that was so good it looked factory. During the markets past lower receiver buying frenzy, lowers and parts were hard to even get. I was doing a lower, and Mike supplied me some lower receiver parts right out of his own spare parts kit to finish my lower. What a guy! I was looking for some Colt magazines, and I asked Dmitry about some. The store didn't have any, but Dmitry had a couple at home. He sold me one of his personal magazines just because I needed one for a build. What a guy! Mike and Dmitry are good guys.

IndependentArmamentCo.
07-30-2009, 4:42 PM
I've used Mike and Dmitry at Independent Armament for FFL services, guns and parts. My favorite shop. I can's say enough good things about them. I'm glad to be acquaintances/friends with them. I hope they stay around a long time. They are fair priced, they deliver on time, they are very helpful. Many thanks.

a couple quick notes. Mike has done duracoating on rifles for me that was so good it looked factory. During the markets past lower receiver buying frenzy, lowers and parts were hard to even get. I was doing a lower, and Mike supplied me some lower receiver parts right out of his own spare parts kit to finish my lower. What a guy! I was looking for some Colt magazines, and I asked Dmitry about some. The store didn't have any, but Dmitry had a couple at home. He sold me one of his personal magazines just because I needed one for a build. What a guy! Mike and Dmitry are good guys.

Thanks to all for those kind words.

I also want to say thanks to all those who came back to this location even after being burnt by the previous owner and giving us a chance to prove we are not them..

D.

sickboy774
07-30-2009, 5:07 PM
Not only do these guys rock but i don't have to leave LA County for great service!

aplinker
07-31-2009, 1:20 AM
IAC rocks.

lomalinda
07-31-2009, 6:12 PM
Yep, it's great to have a place right near home to pick up all the OL stuff that's coming into the state.

TacFan
07-31-2009, 7:07 PM
I'm so proud of myself. I haven't been there in 3-4 weeks. For a while I was in there on a weekly basis. Hey guys long time no see

Z

Chatterbox
07-31-2009, 8:48 PM
Another vote for Dmitry and Mike - I've done a couple of transfers with them over the years and they have been just top notch people.

RaceDay
08-14-2009, 4:33 PM
I know. I am trying to resist too. I'll probably hit them up next month. I have some more things I'd like to buy but no budget this month.

RaceDay
09-29-2009, 8:05 PM
Well I managed to go nearly 6 weeks without DROS'ing something. I'll see you guys in a couple of Saturday's to pick up :)