PDA

View Full Version : STI Trojan

gregshin
05-19-2005, 2:45 PM
I thought the STI trojan was legal for CA sales...but i can't seem to find it on the roster for california

Black_Talon
05-19-2005, 4:22 PM
It was removed from the list. Looks like they chose not to renew it and it expired:

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/removed.pdf

classical_buff
05-19-2005, 9:32 PM
Also, STI refused to sell the gun to anyone in CA in fear of lawsuit even though they had a few items on approved list. They just didn't want to take any chances because one boneheaded, jury decision could bankrupt the company.

I tried to order a STI Edge a few years ago but they refused for the above reason.

P.S. If you already have a STI frame, they can make - actually more of gunsmithing, any pistol that you want from their offering. They will destroy the frame and make the pistol with the same serial number(which is legal).

Good thing I bought several STI frames before the "Approved List" started.

shooterx10
05-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Last time I talked to the folks at STI, they said that they would continue to sell their approved pistols IF the Commerce in Arms Act had passed Congress several years ago.

Needless to say, the damn anti-gun idiots (Feinswine, Chucky Schumer, Lurch Kerry, et al) had bogged it down with these stupid amendments that the whole bill was voted down to defeat.

Now, with a new Commerce in Arms bill in Congress, is STI going to go through with it if this bill is signed into law?

BTW, if you want any 2011 frame pistol in this Commie State, your other choice is the $2700 SVI! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

gunnm619@aol.com
05-26-2005, 7:18 AM
Originally posted by classical_buff:
Also, STI refused to sell the gun to anyone in CA in fear of lawsuit even though they had a few items on approved list.

The Trojan was legal in California. My friend purchased his STi Trojan last year.

Kruzr
05-26-2005, 8:55 AM
I had a "conversation" with STI at the SHOT show about their not shipping to Calif. policy. I mentioned to them that at the show, Ed Brown told me he has sold more Kobra Carrys in Calif. since getting them approved than anywhere else.

At first the guy said, well we don't want to be exposed to a lawsuit. I said that they are the only gun maker who had approved guns in the state to pull out.

He then admitted that it was a political statement by his boss. I mentioned that his political statement isn't hurting any politicians and that he played right into the hands of the gun grabbers. I said they pass these laws in hope that gun makers will pull out of the state. The only people who are hurt by a policy like that are avid shooters who would be interested in STI guns. He just said that his boss wants Calif. to change their law first. I said that by that time, everyone will have forgotten who STI is. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rkt88edmo
05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
If it is a political stance then he probably would have advertised it as such, why the hell would he make that 'lawsuit' statement and then recant?

HeHateMe
05-26-2005, 4:09 PM
I got mine before they refused to sell to Kali. It shoots like a dream and I like the blocky front strap. The onlly problem is the el cheapo pin they used in their rear sights that broke and backed its way out. I asked them to ship me a coupla new pins but they sent ones too large. Then they tell me to ship the gun to them at my cost so they can fit new pins (why didn't they just send me the correct pins?) Lucky for me Bruce Gray is in my area.

shooterx10
05-27-2005, 8:48 PM
This Commie State has the largest USPSA membership at over 1300+. You'd think that STI would try to help us out in any way they can.

At least SVI still has their Infinity Competitor and Target pistols on the KA-DOJ approved list. However, if a newbie wants a 2011 frame pistol, they have to shell out the $2700 for the SVI or do a PPT on a STI frame (and pay double for a frame that costs $325 in the Free States) or whole gun.

Or, they can wait for the Bar-Sto pistol to come out in June! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif