PDA

View Full Version : Best CH latch? Problem

fusionstar
07-09-2009, 12:40 PM
I've been using the badger tac latch II and its been torquing my CH to the right and putting more wear on the right than the left. It is also hard to charge with one hand because of the contact. Only smooth cycling with this is to do it hold it on both sides.

I think this is because of the 45 degree angle when the latch is engaged. It pushes the CH to the right

A latch that would be perpendicular or 90 degrees to the charging handle when engaged would eliminate torquing wouldn't it?

I notice the PRI Big Latch would be 90 degrees when engaged.

What is the best standard latch out there, not ambi dex stuff?

aplinker
07-09-2009, 5:31 PM
I prefer the PRI combat latch.

I'd buy a new LMT CH if I could find one.

Jicko
07-09-2009, 5:32 PM
LMT Tactical CH <- IMO, the best.....

PRI combat latch is "close" to the LMT, but still, if u play with them side by side.... LMT still wins... the PRI is a tad too big...

For the big badger latch, it is much better if you engage it with your palm... rather than with your fingers, it sticks out way too much.... also, it caught onto chestrig, beat, etc... and may accidentally un-close your bolt...

phsieh10
07-09-2009, 5:33 PM
I just order some of the armadynamics ambi CH. They seem to look like they will work better than the PRI. I will be replacing some PRI's with this one.

fusionstar
07-09-2009, 7:20 PM
I bought a MRP upper several months ago and it just came with a run of the mil CH. Sold it and paid rent.

I can see the LMT tactical CH for 45 bucks presumably in stock.

Does LMT sell the latch by itself? Or is it a proprietary design that will only fit LMT CH's?