PDA

View Full Version : If a new gun shop were to open in the central valley....

PolishMike
07-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Please don't vote if you don't live up here/know where this is.

If a OLL friendly gunshop were to open in the central valley, where would you like it to open?

Poll coming shortly

caoboy
07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Match WalMart for Ammo prices (.22 for now) and you'll have my business.

Two Shots
07-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I voted for Lathrop because it would be a good center spot from all the cities you listed. All cities are able to be there within 30 minutes +/- if they use Hwy 205, 5 or 99.

thedrickel
07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Match WalMart for Ammo prices (.22 for now) and you'll have my business.

Nobody can match walmart for ammo prices.

JohnnyRooks
07-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Modesto.. some gun store still believed on the FUD. they sell stripped lower but they don't believed in bulletbutton and too scared to touch your LPKs.

xxdabroxx
07-09-2009, 11:53 AM
lower, visalia

sierratangofoxtrotunion
07-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I don't live in the valley, but I do know where all this stuff is, but I'm not sure that I'm 100% qualified so I didn't vote, I'll just give my input without that.

I'm from Contra Costa county, so selfishly I'd want it in Tracy, as that's a quick 40 minute drive out the Byron Hwy. Tracy is relatively central, under an hour from all the towns you mentioned. It being on 580 could also pull a handful of customers from Livermore and Dublin and beyond.

Now, if you're intending to target the valley customers as opposed to us east bay people, I would say either Manteca / Lathrop or Stockton. Modesto is the farthest south of all of these, Manteca and Lathrop are more central. Also, Manteca, Lathrop and Stockton all have both 5 and 99. If you want people to travel to you from more than an hour away, one of those two freeways is going to be how they do it. This is another point against Modesto, it's only got 99 and is, what, an hour from 5?

Stockton is located fairly well and has 5, 99 and 4. However I know there are already a handful of gun shops in Stockton... how many in Manteca, Lathrop and Tracy?

Tracy customers will drive to Manteca.
Stockton customers will drive to Manteca.
Modesto customers will drive to Manteca.

You'll have a harder time getting Modesto customers to go to Stockton, or Stockton customers to Modesto.

I think I'm leaning heavily to Manteca, pending an analysis of how many other gun shops are in town already and also how much trouble you'd get from City Hall. Lathrop for 2nd place.

223Dude
07-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Lathrop. I just moved there from the Bay Area. It is kind of in the middle of all the cities listed. Manteca already has Bass Pro.

timmyb21
07-09-2009, 1:17 PM
lower, visalia

Fresno and Taft are pretty close to Visalia, got two great shops in close range.

xxdabroxx
07-09-2009, 1:28 PM
i'm from porterville, even farther yet. Did i mention i was lazy, i would have said porterville, but i figured that was pushing my luck

Super Spy
07-09-2009, 1:46 PM
As close to the bay as possible.....so I voted Tracy

dirtfarmer
07-09-2009, 2:27 PM
modesto in stanislaus co. I believe, has 1/2 maybe 1/4 % lower sales tax than San Joaquin co.

Sunwolf
07-09-2009, 2:49 PM
VISALIA

jeffsenpai
07-09-2009, 9:22 PM
Fresno

ANARCANGEL
07-09-2009, 9:28 PM
Modesto. But anyone opening a gun shop now would be taking a huge financial risk. Yes there are many people who would buy guns and ammo, but it would be almost impossible to beat Wal Mart and Bass Pro Shop in pricing. You won't make a living selling two guns a week.