PDA

View Full Version : LMT BCG in stock at BCM

till44
07-09-2009, 9:33 AM
In stock at $130. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCG%2DLMT%2DAR15

aplinker
07-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I think people have been "over-sold" on BCM's BCG's and the idea of M16 carriers.

LMT Semi carriers are probably a better choice for 95% of people.

fusionstar
07-09-2009, 11:47 AM
The recent horde of people complaining about their post election stuff keeps me away from LMT BCG's

Barney Gumble
07-09-2009, 1:08 PM
Do you always believe the horde?

fusionstar
07-09-2009, 1:29 PM
No.. but i believe the photos and metallurgy.

Sure it may hold just up as well as any other BCG. But why take the chance? just because its from LMT? Im not brand myopic. Hell there are more than enough companies that bother to HP and MPI test there bolts and barrels and use steel thats not just up to par with mil spec stuff but exceed it in strength and manufacturing. If they skimped out on a 4 dollar piece to save 50 cents. What else have they tried to save upon in the BCG?

Hell I love there pre election stuff. Hell, I still love there stuff. But recently there BCG's are not up to par with what they used to be... and thats the bottom line. And thats not to say it isnt as reliable or long lasting as its previous incarnations were. I dont know, I havent had the chance to shoot it enough to tell. But hearing about AND SEEING cracks in the carrier key and lack or minimum chrome lining in the key suggest I should pay the same price and go with another company for the BCG.
Will I continue to support LMT products? of course, there products are great.. but the recent BCG's.. not so much. Especially with multiple manufacturers of BCGs out there to choose from.

Barney Gumble
07-09-2009, 2:30 PM
I think it's making a mountain out of a molehill. You say "why take the chance" but what chance am I taking? Most of us here will never do more than hit a paper target. If your gas key fails at the range just slip in a spare BCG, end of story. Worst case, you don't have a spare and you have to go home. I won't believe the hype until I see some data.

But hey, that's just me, I don't know what your needs and priorities are so I'm not going to tell you what to do.

Sleepnosis
07-09-2009, 2:35 PM
I dont know, I havent had the chance to shoot it enough to tell.

This is the only part of your post I agree with.

aplinker
07-09-2009, 4:28 PM
Like who? Who else individually HPT/MPIs their bolts and barrels?

No.. but i believe the photos and metallurgy.

Sure it may hold just up as well as any other BCG. But why take the chance? just because its from LMT? Im not brand myopic. Hell there are more than enough companies that bother to HP and MPI test there bolts and barrels and use steel thats not just up to par with mil spec stuff but exceed it in strength and manufacturing. If they skimped out on a 4 dollar piece to save 50 cents. What else have they tried to save upon in the BCG?

Hell I love there pre election stuff. Hell, I still love there stuff. But recently there BCG's are not up to par with what they used to be... and thats the bottom line. And thats not to say it isnt as reliable or long lasting as its previous incarnations were. I dont know, I havent had the chance to shoot it enough to tell. But hearing about AND SEEING cracks in the carrier key and lack or minimum chrome lining in the key suggest I should pay the same price and go with another company for the BCG.
Will I continue to support LMT products? of course, there products are great.. but the recent BCG's.. not so much. Especially with multiple manufacturers of BCGs out there to choose from.