PDA

View Full Version : Bakersfield Dealers?????

titus7
07-09-2009, 8:07 AM
Hey guys, I am traveling to Bakersfield this weekend for a person-to-person transfer and also to ship some things out, what dealership is the best there. And no I will not do any business with 2nd Amendment. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Palindari
07-09-2009, 8:10 AM
highly recommend Ole Boy Outdoor in the Albertson's shopping center on the corner of Allen/Rosedale Hwy (State 58). Best rates in town.

titus7
07-09-2009, 8:12 AM
K have you heard anything about Bear Mountain?? Either one I am just trying to get a plan together to make it as easy as possible for both myself and the buyer.

Fjold
07-09-2009, 8:14 AM
Gene at Bear Mountain knows the laws, etc. I've done a transfer there with no issues.

titus7
07-09-2009, 8:19 AM
Do you guys know how much they charge??

13204u
07-09-2009, 9:57 AM
Ole boy outdoor, valley gun, bear mountain arms. Those are my only suggestions as to anything quality.

jksupplyco
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Make the drive to Taft... Tenpercent Firearms for the win!

McCrown
07-09-2009, 10:26 AM
^ I agree, ten percent in Taft.

El Gato
07-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Ole boy outdoor, valley gun, bear mountain arms. Those are my only suggestions as to anything quality.

Add Ammo Dump... but I think you can't go wrong with the others... I'd just pick by which part of town suited me...

East side .. Bear Mountain Sports on Weedpatch Hwy.
central ... valley gun - 28th and Chester
westside ... Ole Boy... Rosedale and Allen Rd.

They all play nice with each other...including Ammo Dump...and 10%...can't go wrong with any of them and their prices are comparable...

5hundo
07-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah, check out Wes at 10%... He's good people...

Okay, I'll bite...

Why won't you go to 2nd Amendment? Bad experience?

Palindari
07-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Okay, I'll bite...

Let's just say that doing business with them is problematic and they charge $100 + DROS fees for FFL transfers.

Ole Boy Outdoor charges flat $100 that's it :thumbsup:

Nothing against 10% - but driving out to Taft from Ridgecrest? You'd burn enough fuel to pay for fees alone! ;)

5hundo
07-09-2009, 12:09 PM
they charge $100 + DROS fees for FFL transfers.

Aren't there regulations against that? :confused:

Palindari
07-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Aren't there regulations against that? :confused:

No, they can pretty much charge anything they like from what I understand. The DROS is a fixed amount - but for their services? I'm not aware of any cap.

But you would be an business idiot to out price yourself over just doing paperwork...

13204u
07-09-2009, 12:13 PM
The place has alot of issues in terms of management of the facility. It wasn't this bad years ago there, but quality has been slipping in the last several years in terms of customer service.

RugerNo1
07-09-2009, 12:16 PM
And you can't find a single sign of intelligent life there most of the time. They told me a few weeks ago that they had primers, but wouldn't sell them to me because they hadn't checked them in. However I saw a worker there leaving with some....hrmmm...:mad:

Most of my money goes to Valley Gun, Ammo Dump, and Aloha(Dude that owns that place is funny as heck in the gruff and rough way), but I don't sell Ole Boy short for that lead free stuff and I only live 10 minutes from them.

Palindari
07-09-2009, 12:19 PM
The place has alot of issues in terms of management of the facility. It wasn't this bad years ago there, but quality has been slipping in the last several years in terms of customer service.

+ 1

Last time I did a FFL transfer (did three there and purchased 2 rifles, a shotgun and a pistol off them) I got read the 3rd degree over the issue if the pistol was not on the approved list... if it wasn't for the fact that my out of state purchase was already on it's way I would have walked away from their "manager" in mid sentence...

And don't get me into using their indoor range... lol... ;)

ghosttownshooter
07-09-2009, 2:07 PM
Get a gun has the best customer service you can contact him at 661-978-6450 and his name is Rafael.

Fjold
07-09-2009, 3:40 PM
Yeah, check out Wes at 10%... He's good people...

Okay, I'll bite...

Because they lied to me and screwed me out of a gun that I had on order from them for 2+ years. I had to wait another year to find another one, and another dealer (Bear Mtn Sports) got it for me.

cal3gunner
07-09-2009, 7:31 PM
Get a gun has the best customer service you can contact him at 661-978-6450 and his name is Rafael.

This is who I would recommend as well. Met him a few times at shooting matches and he seems like a guy that will do whats needed to make you happy.

tenpercentfirearms
07-09-2009, 7:35 PM
Hey guys, I am traveling to Bakersfield this weekend for a person-to-person transfer and also to ship some things out, what dealership is the best there. And no I will not do any business with 2nd Amendment. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

If by person to persn you mean Private Party Transfer (PPT) where both parties are present, then it doesn't matter which one you use as they are all $35 (or at least they ought to be). By "ship some things out" if you mean you are going to be shipping some firearms out of state, why in the heck would you want to pay a dealer to do something you can do yourself legally, and for only the cost of shipping?

Also $100 transfer fee is pretty steep. Then again, if the includes DROS, then that is only $25 more than mine, but I also will waive your $50 transfer fee if you order any other long gun from me. Come pick up a CALGUNS.NET lower, a Benelli shotgun, a RAA Saiga, or any other long gun and get as many transfers as you want on that same DROS for free.

The only bad thing is I am closed Saturday. I really like the guys at Valley Gun, but Gene at Bear Moutain seems like a good enough guy too. I just haven't dealt with Ole Boy enough, but I hear they have a drive through. :eek: Sorry, that was wrong. :p

Desert_Rat
07-09-2009, 7:42 PM
I just haven't dealt with Ole Boy enough, but I hear they have a drive through. :eek: Sorry, that was wrong. :p

OUCH!

NSTLLMNGR
07-09-2009, 7:49 PM
Wes is right. On a private party transfer we can only charge $35 for the whole transaction and thats state mandated. $25 dros and $10 service fee per firearm. The only other charge might be for a HSC card and thats $25.

What are you looking at transferring and at what time. I'm avaliable almost anytime on the weekends as long as I'm not competing somewhere. Feel free to call if you have any questions.

...Rafael

titus7
07-09-2009, 9:07 PM
I have spent a lot of money in 2nd amendment years ago from buying my first Barrett M95 (cash) along with a bunch of components for it, a couple of Socom2 M1A's a USP and many other small items. Never just going by myself I would always take other people who would also spend their money there. Well I have tried to order several things from their and they would never get back to me ever and they always, acted like it was a nuisance trying to order stuff. Like it bothered them that I wanted something that they didnt already have. Along with the fact that they started jacking prices up on things way before the election even took place and still have higher prices than 80% of the other dealers that I have done business with.

As for the person to person transfer it will just work out for both of us to meet in Bakersfield. And for the shipping out. I sold a POF308 Lower that the purchasers dealer wants me to ship it through a dealer...I dont have any idea why but the dealer told me that its the only way that he can accept a firearm is through another dealer????? never heard of that but ok. The guy has already sent me the money so Im just trying to do whatever I can to get it to him quickly the way that he wants it, ya know

vinny_land
07-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Best FFL for ANY transfer in Bakersfield is Get A Gun.....HANDS DOWN!!!! All other business that everyone mentioned is good with the exception of Second Amendment Sports. Be prepared to sell your kidney when you really want anything from those guys. :eek:

tenpercentfirearms
07-10-2009, 12:37 AM
As for the person to person transfer it will just work out for both of us to meet in Bakersfield. And for the shipping out. I sold a POF308 Lower that the purchasers dealer wants me to ship it through a dealer...I dont have any idea why but the dealer told me that its the only way that he can accept a firearm is through another dealer????? never heard of that but ok. The guy has already sent me the money so Im just trying to do whatever I can to get it to him quickly the way that he wants it, ya know

That is so utterly stupid. Why do dealers do that? It frustrates me to no end. Try Get a Gun, I bet he will help you out with shipping it and it won't cost a fortune. I bet the other guys will want some coin for the hassle of shipping guns they don't want to. I know I would. Freaking stupidity.

If I were you, I would just ship it and claim you are a gun shop. F em.

NSTLLMNGR
07-10-2009, 8:21 PM
[QUOTE=

If I were you, I would just ship it and claim you are a gun shop. F em.[/QUOTE]

Amen. It's a freaking rifle frame. It's completely legal to ship it yourself by any means possible. Just make sure and include a copy of your Driver's license for their records. And if they dont like that then they can pay to ship it back, which I doubt they will do. They cheapest way to ship it would be thru the Postal system. Use a small flat rate box and get a " delivery signature confirmation ". No more than $8 total.

titus7
07-10-2009, 9:14 PM
Well ha.... I did all 3 transfers today with Bear Mountain Sports and they did pretty good. Being as they didnt seem to know a whole lot about the Raddlock...stuff but did know about the bullet button. They freaked out when I pulled out two OLL's and a HK USC/Ump haha everybody got nervous...kinda funny but we got her did. Still better than 2nd amendment any day of the week! But overall real nice guys and pretty easy transactions. Thanks for the input guys. I had to give them the name of this website which shocked me being an FFL in Cali I would be on this website everyday...Im not even an FFL and Im on here 10-maybe 20 times a day....Im addicted...

NSTLLMNGR
07-11-2009, 7:22 AM
Gene's a good guy. You wouldn't of been able to goto Valley Gun now that I know what you had. They are not Evil Rifle friendly. Did all three rifles goto to the same person, if so your total charge shouldn't of been more than $55.

El Gato
07-11-2009, 8:56 AM
Gene's a good guy. You wouldn't of been able to goto Valley Gun now that I know what you had. They are not Evil Rifle friendly. Did all three rifles goto to the same person, if so your total charge shouldn't of been more than $55.

Ken at Valley has a number of BB AR's in stock now.. he is learning the system and is actively involved in trying to do the right thing here... he also has a building to pay for....and employee's etc... I never begrudge a man his reasonable profit... having said that, I'm always looking for a deal... Have a CZ 527 in 762x39 sitting at the shop right now... will do the paperwork today.

bomb_on_bus
07-11-2009, 2:22 PM
I just haven't dealt with Ole Boy enough, but I hear they have a drive through. :eek: Sorry, that was wrong. :p

:smilielol5:

Tenpercent is definately good to go! Bought from them in the past. They are good people and KNOW what they are doing.

I would also say Get a Gun. Ralphs prices are the best I have seen. And I have dealt with him a few times as well.

But steer your car clear of Ole Boy, too much politics.:chris:

And stay as far from 2nd amendment as possible, WAY over priced and they will try and FUD a PPT transfer seen it a few times in the past.

I bought a EDM windrunner and had it FFL'd through them and for almost 3 hours I had to agrue the legalities of a take down .308. Most of them have no clue to what it is they are talking about and most of em don't stay employed long enough to see em 6 months later. That alone speaks volume. Oh and for what its worth they have Federal XM193 going for over 20.00 a box! LIMIT 3 boxes per customer! Seems like they are taking that AW962 thing serious.

bomb_on_bus
07-11-2009, 2:24 PM

Thanks for the POF!

:43:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/dasulenski/100_0861.jpg

Looks great next to its big bro!

Get a Gun is definately good to go!

RugerNo1
07-11-2009, 4:27 PM

What'cha talkin 'bout Willis?

I go to Valley almost every week and they've had the same 3 Cali' legal AR's on consignment and had two stripped lowers(CMMG, but sold now) every time. I think your info is old my friend...

dan12580
07-11-2009, 4:44 PM
valley will do consignment sales, but as of about 2 months ago i was told (by them) that they werent doing the black rifle thing. too much gray area. maybe that has changed. one of the previous posters mentioned 2nd not selling him primers because they werent checked in? the last out of state transfer i did with them (3 ar's- from the same place- and they charged me 3 $100 transfer fees) they would not let me see them for almost 3 weeks because they "werent checked in". literally my 30 days was almost up waiting for them to be checked in. i will defend 1 or 2 of the guys. mexican dude that was in the army is a good dude. and maybe 1 other. ive dealt with most of them- not get a gun -however i can honestly say that i have heard nothing but good things about rafael at get a gun. i just deal with bear mtn. if its not broke....

RugerNo1
07-11-2009, 5:00 PM
Bear Mountain is great, but the drive there for me is a PITA. Pete down at Valley Gun told me they had a running wait list for stripped lowers and were working on ordering more. I suppose the business plan changes with what customers want, and Black Rifle is the flavor of the day.

P.S.- The Primer thing was me. Another Story: I ordered my Ruger No 1 from them the day I turned 18(younger and less wise) and they did the DROS before they even had the rifle. Then, after the rifle arrived six days later they couldn't find it for 30 Days so they ran the DROS again(I didn't pay it again). On a later note, they sold me my lower when I wasn't 21, they forged DROS on an occasion when ordering another gun when they lost the paperwork, and gave a friend the personal info of the owner of a consignment sale when they handed him the dros paperwork(SSN, Address, everything).

Second Amendment should not even be in business for all the garbage they've done.:rant:

dan12580
07-11-2009, 5:12 PM
word.

RugerNo1
07-11-2009, 5:20 PM
I feel better now...but then I think of how I just have 2 more days to wait for my M1 Garand and then I get all happy inside.

tenpercentfirearms
07-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah I have been working on Ken at Valley to carry some OLL items. I am not sure why as he is my competition, but we get along good. Really there is no reason for any of us FFLs not to get along. There is pletny of business to go around and as I find out anytime I got over to the competitors, my customers are there looking around. Guys just like gun shops and they hit them all like a circuit.

vinny_land
07-11-2009, 11:39 PM
:smilielol5:

Tenpercent is definately good to go! Bought from them in the past. They are good people and KNOW what they are doing.

I would also say Get a Gun. Ralphs prices are the best I have seen. And I have dealt with him a few times as well.

But steer your car clear of Ole Boy, too much politics.:chris:

And stay as far from 2nd amendment as possible, WAY over priced and they will try and FUD a PPT transfer seen it a few times in the past.

Please elaborate? I buy my ammo from them and they carry OLL stuff. As for 2nd Amendment...+1

bomb_on_bus
07-14-2009, 2:35 PM
Please elaborate? I buy my ammo from them and they carry OLL stuff. As for 2nd Amendment...+1

Just ask em why they don't stock POF stuff you will be in for a suprise. When I wanted to get a lower ordered I instead got a 20-30 minute lecture on everything ranging from POF being anti CA to all the run arounds they got from POF and POF vendors.

So I got on here and found several vendors that carry POF and had no problems filling my order.

Desert_Rat
07-14-2009, 4:14 PM
...... as I find out anytime I got over to the competitors, my customers are there looking around. Guys just like gun shops and they hit them all like a circuit.

:43:You won't see me anywhere but 10% firearms 1277 kern st.:43:

Fjold
07-14-2009, 4:36 PM
Ole Boys is black gun friendly